It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ Donor Scandal Video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here is something different for you to worry about. Your heart is worth 1 to 5 million to the Doctors and Hospitals. And you have to be still alive to donate the heart. After listening to this video last night I would say your chances are a much higher of dying in a Hospital if you are a donor.

Today my niece is having brain surgery so I called my sister to make sure she isn't a donor.

Have a Drivers License with Donor marked on it? I sure as hell don't!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I heard they use donated blood and organs for necromancy.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Sure do. Dont take your organs with you...too many babies and children and burn victims can even use your skin for grafts.

Ive heard enough screaming burnt babies in the trauma units at 4 a.m. as their bandages were changed ripping the healing skin of the scabs so they could put someones donated skin on them to heal.

You need to get educated. Ive got 40+ years in medicine. You? Everyone should become a donor....

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There is very much a darkside to this a bunch of doctors and rich people acting like somebody else has more rights to your organs than you do.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Sure do. Dont take your organs with you...too many babies and children and burn victims can even use your skin for grafts.

Ive heard enough screaming burnt babies in the trauma units at 4 a.m. as their bandages were changed ripping the healing skin of the scabs so they could put someones donated skin on them to heal.

You need to get educated. Ive got 40+ years in medicine. You? Everyone should become a donor....

You might help someone else but you are definitely lowering your odds of survival in a hospital by becoming a donor. Hopefully we won't need organ donors in the near future.

It’s also a matter of who. The race to be the first to 3D print a transplantable human organ is an intense one, and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center may have just pulled into the lead. Regenerative medicine researchers at the North Carolina hospital have announced that they have printed ear, bone and muscle structures and successfully implanted them into animals. The structures, after being implanted, matured into functional tissue and sprouted new systems of blood vessels, and their strength and size mean that they could feasibly be implanted into humans in the future.

Link

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think most people choosing to be a donor are doing so under the false belief " I will be dead"

Dead bodies contain useless dead organs! They cannot ever donate .

The organs must be removed from a live person and kept alive while being transported to the recipient . YOU ARE NOT DEAD!

They don't educate people on what they just signed on for. You're getting a new drivers license and it's a question just thrown in there, Donor? Yeah sure, seems like a nice thing to do why not.

To top it off there's now new laws being passed on the right of refusal or whatever it's being called. Not sure which country is doing it. France? Meaning you are considered a donor whether you like it or not, and the only way out of it is to know this and register to opt out of it. Everyone will donate. Everyone can be finished off so their organs can be stolen. What bull#

The whole thing pisses me off because it's sold as doing so 'after death'. People are fooled and think they're helping somebody they've never met or that they magically get to ' live on"

The testimonials of people who were saved and yes that's very nice , but not all survive with the new organs. I'm not sure what the stats are on rejections

Somebody will chime in here now saying a loved one has been saved by an organ or a nurse trying to use guilt andhow can i say this? I'm saying it . It's the truth
edit on 14-1-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: violet
It's really quite simple.

You must be declared dead before organs can be harvested.
If you do not think the standards for a declaration of death are valid, do not volunteer as an organ donor. Continue on in a vegetative state. Your choice.

edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If you do not think the standards for a declaration of death are valid, do not volunteer as an organ donor. Continue on in a vegetative state. Your choice.

The heart is worth 1 to 5 million. Has to be from a live body. Yeah. No conflict of interest or greed will ever happen. Some rich guy needing an organ waiting in the wing.

They have no way of telling if you will eventually become conscious or not in some cases. Brain dead is just something they made up. if your body is still working your brain is working.

I can see if you have been unconscious for months or something. But not in a few hours or days.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: Phage

The heart is worth 1 to 5 million. Has to be from a live body. Yeah. No conflict of interest or greed will ever happen. Some rich guy needing an organ waiting in the wing.

They have no way of telling if you will eventually become conscious or not in some cases. Brain dead is just something they made up. if your body is still working your brain is working.

I can see if you have been unconscious for months or something. But not in a few hours or days.

A heart isn't worth anywhere near the amount of money you're quoting, that's a ludicrous amount.
Perhaps you're confusing it with the amount of money it takes to transplant a heart but your amounts would still be far too high.
The organ itself doesn't really have any monetary value per se, any costs are associated with its removal, preparation and storage.
I assisted a couple of times in heart retrievals and I can guarantee that the patients we harvested them from were very dead indeed.

Have you been watching Python's The Meaning of Life recently by any chance?

(WARNING-it's a bit gory)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you Phage for that. I spent 20 years midnights in a University Medical Center Burn Trauma unit...and the screaming in pain from the children alone causes me nightmares to this day.

Additionally, Ive also donated whats left afterwards of me (the cadaver) to the Medical Science Dept for the students to learn from. And Im pretty sure as youve stated....Ill be long declared officially DEAD.

Being kept ARTIFICIALLY alive is just a functioning shell....usually with zero brain function at zero, or minimum...used to keep the blood flowing until organ harvesting can take place.

Im betting 90% of the responders to this thread arent donors themselves....no doubt.

Best

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I began my career as a nurse in a PICU that was a major center for the harvesting of organs and have spent the last 20+ at a center that transplant EVERY organ that can be transplanted into children and naturally I have a different perspective.

Lets clear up a few things:

is there abuse of the system?: YES YES YES. David Crosby, Steve Jobs, Larry Hagman all come to mind

Are people making millions? Nope, most transplant centers are teaching hospitals and academic physicians while well compensated are not making millions. Nor do the centers really make tons of money as most people at that stage are either covered under their state safety net (ie MEDICAL) or Obama Care. Do a few private MD's make alot? Im sure they do. But they are not doing the majority of transplants. But big PHARM is........ not really. On pehaps a few drugs, but most anti rejection drugs are common and off patent.

Can a hospital or MD pull a plug cause they want to profit off your kidney? If there is family present they will always ask despite whats on your card. Ive seen organs go to waste because a family changed their mind as is there right.

Also, you don't go into a facility with a minor injury and have your plug pulled. You have to meet basic criteria of brain death. www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu... If you want we can go into the criteria for brain death but its alot of tests spread out to make sure. Typically seen during a traumatic head injury or a near drowning, everything that make that person special, is gone. Their brain stem soldiers away on automatic pilot, or needs support etc untill you die from pressure sores, pneumonia, or anything else that finally gets you.

For each of those extreme examples there are thousands of children who now live normal lives. The pure joy on a parents face when they are looking at thier child who got a liver and no longer looks yellow (jaundice), or the teen who can now spend her afternoon doing teen stuff rather than wait in a clinic all day for dialysis because she got a kidney from a stranger.

There is the other side as well. For may families there is this sense of closure. That out of this tragedy something good can happen.....
edit on 1/14/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join