It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Organization Asks City’s Residents To Register As Non-Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Local Immigration Partnership/anti racist organization is asking residents to sign a pledge to prove they are not racist.

The Sault Ste. Marie and Area Local Immigration Partnership (LIP), a Canadian immigration and “anti-racist” organization, is asking residents of the city to sign a pledge to prove they aren’t racist.

An Add says here is your chance to register as a certified non racist. By signing you supposedly understand, stand against and act to eliminate racism.

Local news syndicate SooToday, first announced the pledge yesterday in an article titled “Here’s your chance to register as a certified non-racist.”

“By taking this online pledge, supporters are making a personal commitment to understand, stand against, and act to eliminate racism and discrimination.

“It only takes a few seconds to go online and fill out the form. When you click submit, your pledge is added to a running count of those who’ve also taken the pledge. There are so many different cultures in Canada; we face the challenges of acceptance and inclusion every day,” states Danny Krmpotich, Program Coordinator – Local Immigration Partnership.”

The (stupid) organization believes that having everyone in the "community's" signature they've done their best to stop racism.

The organization believes that by having the whole of the community’s signatures on this, they’ve done their best to stop racism. The question remains: what happens to those who don’t register? Only time will tell.
www.breitbart.com...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That pledge is a pathetic attempt at being politically correct.
I would NEVER sign it and would rather wipe my butt with that pledge...how ridiculous.

Whats next...a petition to say you don't murder people??
What a sad joke.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Signatures mean nothing. They're attempting to create a database of "non-racist" people (sheep who are so desperate to be politically correct that they will sign their name, like it gives them special status), which means that they will compare it to those who didn't give their signature, which will be the 'racist' list.

I don't understand this type of idiocy. I would think it is obvious who is racist and who is not. This also begs the question, is this only for white Canadians, or for every race?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What happens when people lie on the application?

link   
dp
edit on 11-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Liberals want something to point to that says they DID SOMETHING.

Then they can shove it my filthy unwashed face and tell me how bad I am when I shrug and tell them what time it really is.

Idiots
edit on 11-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Where have I heard all of this before????

IBM and the Holocaust
When Hitler came to power, a central Nazi goal was to identify and destroy Germany's 600,000 Jews. To Nazis, Jews were not just those who practiced Judaism, but those of Jewish blood, regardless of their assimilation, intermarriage, religious activity, or even conversion to Christianity. Only after Jews were identified could they be targeted for asset confiscation, ghettoization, deportation, and ultimately extermination. To search generations of communal, church, and governmental records all across Germany—and later throughout Europe—was a cross-indexing task so monumental, it called for a computer. But in 1933, no computer existed.

When the Reich needed to mount a systematic campaign of Jewish economic disenfranchisement and later began the massive movement of European Jews out of their homes and into ghettos, once again, the task was so prodigious it called for a computer. But in 1933, no computer existed.

When the Final Solution sought to efficiently transport Jews out of European ghettos along railroad lines and into death camps, with timing so precise the victims were able to walk right out of the boxcar and into a waiting gas chamber, the coordination was so complex a task, this too called for a computer. But in 1933, no computer existed.

However, another invention did exist: the IBM punch card and card sorting system—a precursor to the computer. IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success. IBM Germany, using its own staff and equipment, designed, executed, and supplied the indispensable technologic assistance Hitler's Third Reich needed to accomplish what had never been done before—the automation of human destruction. More than 2,000 such multi-machine sets were dispatched throughout Germany, and thousands more throughout German-dominated Europe. Card sorting operations were established in every major concentration camp. People were moved from place to place, systematically worked to death, and their remains cataloged with icy automation.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would like to put myself on the racist list.
Not because I'm actually a racist but because I like to stir the s/)@

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

What happens when someone "steps out of line"? Do they become un-certified?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You are always crapping all over great ideas.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Home invading criminals would love to get their hand on a list like this. I would bet the people who sign it are easy targets.
edit on 11-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Everyone who signs will be put on a nice liberal mailing list that occasionally begs for money, spreads fake news cough CNN cough, and high fives each other for fighting the good fight.

Ya know in the trenches with their certified non racist cards battling the racist, bigoted, homophobic, anti old people, antisemite right. Commendable I tell ya.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Wouldn't that EXCLUDE ALL CAUCASIONS????

I mean according to our Marxist colleges if you are white you are inherently racist!!!!!

This is a trick to arrest white people for not being truthful!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So........

What happens if you don't register?
Procrastinate the registration?
Or find it to Absurd to care?

Does that make you a racist and on the record with the city government?
Does not bode well.

Edit: I do however realize it's a pledge and not an Affidavit.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with asking. People ask residents all the time to sign this or that petition or commit to a cause. It is a community organization, not a body of governance. Let them ask.

Now...if the Canadian government were to start punishing people for choosing not to sign a completely voluntary registry, pledging that they do not agree with racism, that would be concerning. But asking people to join a cause and pledge their commitment to it, not so much.

It's not going to stop racism, but if they think it'll help and it's not hurting anyone, who cares? At least it's an attempt at being a positive force in the community, rather than encouraging division.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Apparently it's worked to get people thinking and talking about it.

It's a weird concept though..but we like weird up here.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Why would you think they are easy targets?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Don't forget about a huge helping of "white privilege".

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What happens when people lie on the application?

hey now, they might be racist but they would never lie.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What a great way to both virtue signal to alleviate your white guilt and also vindicate those who don't sign as racists. Seems like a way to bully people into ideological conformity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join