It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Metal Is Satanic

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Crunky
Death metal and Black metal aren't the same thing. Some of those photos are of Black metal bands. Both are satanic and totally awesome.

Black metal tends to be actually satanic more often than death metal. Death metal tends to be over the top gore for effect.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is black metal less scary when it's in the daylight???

The legendary and in my opinion best of the classic and influential BM bands...

Emperor live at WOA 2014 playing I Am the Black Wizards and Inno A Satana

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Quite a bummer Ihsahn doesn't plan on anymore Emperor material.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: opethPA

Quite a bummer Ihsahn doesn't plan on anymore Emperor material.

As long as he keeps putting out solo work plus at least they are doing another anniversary tour in 2017.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Emperor is my absolute, all-time favorite. We cover one of their songs too:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: kangawoo
I listen to many types of music. And i feel there is a big differance from heavy metal, death metal, and satanic metal.

What disturbs me most is the sexual and satanic nature in popular pop music directed at young girls.

Anyone remember the fad of playing "heavy metal" in reverse?

I remember eating my first baby after playing Led Zeppelin in reverse!

Hey. You ever see these smells like teen spirit lyrics interpreted in reverse by forever 27 member, Kurt Cobain?

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crunky

The undertones of Death Metal is so dark and Satanic it's like it came from the deepest depth's of hell straight out of the belly of the beast. The Death Metal songs also contain violence, Satanic lyrics and beats that could summon demons. Most Metal Bands are steeped in the occult and worship of the beast. While in some rare cases some Metal Bands have spiritual and esoteric themes, such Sumerian deities, mythology and even ancient incantations.

Death Metal is a form of hypnosis and witchcraft that will lull you into a hypnotic trance, than will cast spells on you. The whole spectacle of Death Metal is a haven for the Beast and his legions of demons to devour and torment it's listeners. In all Metal Band Concerts many crowd members throw the devils horn hand sign unknowingly worshipping Satan. In this 6minute video below it shows you the top ten most Satanic Metal Bands.
www.youtube.com...

Most metal bands do not worship satan. Quite few in fact. Also, the pictures you posted are more representations of Black Metal. More pig-blood, spikes and leather in that genre you see
. Lyrics are varied but many are satanic or occult. Are the band members truly evil and worship the guy below or do they just enjoy the music and dressing up for showmanship? Make a guess. Death Metal is often more gorish and brutal lyric wise. Think horror/splatter movie in music form.

Get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Cover sounds great! Love your vocalists screeches,more into death and slam nowadays but that was excellent.

Couldn't really hear too well what you guys sounded like in the live video, glad you posted this

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Pure entertainment, the tiny segment who take it seriously have got plenty of other issues as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Speaking of rumors of Satan or God in the music industry, I like singers in the forever 27 club.

Jim Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Amy Winehouse

Just to name a few...

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There is no Hell. There is no 'Beast'. You don't like that music? Don't listen to it. Stop worrying about what other people are listening to. Go out side. Enjoy your life.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
a reply to: LordAhriman

Cover sounds great! Love your vocalists screeches,more into death and slam nowadays but that was excellent.

Couldn't really hear too well what you guys sounded like in the live video, glad you posted this

Thank you! We have a bunch of old recordings at www.SoundCloud.com/legend-18

We recently recorded an EP that's being mixed by Dan Swano, and should be out in a few months. We also have Mark from Misery Index doing guest vocals on a song.

I'm also in a tech-death band called Profanation, and I just started a slam band 2 weeks ago. No name for that one yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

First of death metal /= black metal. That said with the exception of very few people in the genre (I'm looking at you Nodtveidt) actually worship Satan. Both genres represent a reaction to music at the time.

Death metal is essentially trying to be the opposite of the popular music of the 80s. Black metal on the other hand is more or less trying to be the opposite of music in general. At least that's the case when you start getting to the tail end of 1st Wave/beginning of 2nd Wave.

Due to these philosophies the two genres chose lyrical themes that represented their rebelling against musical/societal norms. Death chose blood and gore. Black chose Satan. Of course these bands quickly evolved beyond the early themes. Hell, Death, arguably the original Death Metal band, (many consider Possessed's Seven Churches to be the first DM album) quickly turned to some of the most philosophical/introspective/socially conscious lyrics ever written.

Black metal on the other hand did stick with the Satan theme for a while. Although there were always bands that were more focused on things like mythology/nature/Tolkien. Nowadays however I'd say it's rare to come across a BM band that strictly relies on the Satan gimmick.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
First of all, not all heavy metal is even known as "death metal". Most death metal are just rockers using that gimmick and are in no way worhsipping "satan" or "conjuring demons". If you go strictly by random violence then rap lyrics are equally guilty. If you look at the specific violence directed at females in rap lyrics, they are 10 times worse. If you look at the way rap sexually objectifies certain female body types they again are 10 times worse then metal. Metal does have attractive women performers as well and in some of the videos there are sexual scenes. If you look at how the females are portrayed in rap videos compared to metal videos, in rap 95% of the videos use females as sex objects, in metal videos you might find 10% containing females used as sex objects. Not just rap either, pop music, r&b and much of country music sexually objectifies certain female body types. If only 10% of heavy metal videos could be construed as objectifying women and maybe 1% of all metal could be condoning satanic ritual sacrifice, then why are you making an issue of it? There are satanic overtones in all genres. They all use satanic ritual, violence and sex to sell their art. I believe that rap and pop music has more satanic influence in it then metal.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hate to burst your twisted bubble but.... most of these "metal guys" have a very normal lifestyle. Many have children, a wife, own a home, a minivan and a real job, very educated and they adore their parents. I know because I am speaking from experience. I know several well know black metal bands and their families. One you happened to use a picture of in your post. While they aren't exactly church goers and they may have dark believes if any - they don't do anything to harm anyone or anything. In fact if you seen one at a store without the makeup, blood and stage garb you'd never know it!
edit on 10-1-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Death metal may or may not be Satanic but heavy metal itself isn't. Metal is finally growing out of its infancy. Music is as music does. Metal is aggressive but this can be aimed in any way we, as sentient beings, choose. Hey, my first post. Love this site.

edit on 10-1-2017 by DethWarmdover because: Grammar changes

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2017 by subfab because: deleted post by subfab

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

I was raised a christian , was a frequent churchgoer , then came my fathers death and depression which then lead me to metal music . !
started with the basics , Metallica , Slayer ,Manson then later came the real so called "EVIL" "SATANIC" metal and i must admit , i have learned more about perseverance , bliss , truth and most importantly what true evil is through this music and it has changed me and made me a better person . Believe me or not . ! once you understand and learn to accept everyone and their beliefs and differences , only then you can find GOD , not by visiting church every sunday
PEACE and LOVE /,
edit on 10-1-2017 by proximacentauri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Don't be silly... Only Lord Satan is evil and he's not even real! Death metal is just music...

Deny ignorance...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dude its a bunch of nerds with heavy distortion pedals only making it sound like "the devil", wearing make up and crazy clothing. All about optics, kinda like Hillary.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join