It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting Suspect Claims U.S. Intelligence Forced Him to Watch ISIS Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

What I wrote was a response to the other guy.

You answering them has taken them out of context.

I get man. You think that what happened could not have been prevented. I disagree.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
How do they know it was just an hallucination unless they investigate it?! Okay...I am beginning to suspect trolling.

Not at all.

If you walk into an FBI office and tell them that the Army/CIA/NSA is making you watch ISIS videos, they're going to file it away as a nut case. They don't need to investigate it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

How do they know it was just an hallucination unless they investigate it?! Okay...I am beginning to suspect trolling.

Not at all.

If you walk into an FBI office and tell them that the Army/CIA/NSA is making you watch ISIS videos, they're going to file it away as a nut case. They don't need to investigate it.

Yeah. As it turns out I guess it was a good thing that they just set back and did nothing huh?
edit on 6-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You are repeating yourself.

Take your head, and go home.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Not at all.

Yeah. As it turns out I guess it was a good thing that just set back and did nothing huh?

Aaaaand we loop back to this again. They did nothing because there was nothing in their authority to do. See also: the thread above where we addressed this several times already. Thinking people are using microwave ovens on you to put voices in your head, or that HAARP is emitting mind beams to keep you awake at night et al are not a federal thing.

Even a local LEO or ER doc wouldn't likely commit you for further evaluation if you were only having this level of mental illness. Again, the gating factors for forcing you into treatment are SI, HI and grave disability. Disordered logic is outpatient.

[csb on]
We once had a machinist we contracted with who was as loony as a hatter. The man was spectacular in terms of doing metal work. He was also really bright. But he was schizoaffective to the nth degree. If he was on his meds, he didn't have the mood swings. But he was still nuts. Totally hardcore nuts. He was able to function very well though. Married, made a very good living, lots of support system, plenty of friends. But still, nuts. You could have really in-depth conversations with him if you avoided the holes. He was very astute in history. Just avoid certain subjects unless you really wanted to rev him up. He was convinced that satellite mind control beams were trying to reprogram his mind, and that the NSA was projecting laser images of various things into his eyes. Somehow, he tied this together with the Grail legend and something to do with Lancelot, Romeo and Juliet. I couldn't follow it. If you let him spin up, he'd get flights of ideas, loose association and eventually clanging. But he wasn't breaking any laws. A cop couldn't walk in, smack him to the floor and put the cuffs on, because being nuts isn't a crime.
[csb off]
edit on 6-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

And you are trolling. Go to your safe space.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

And you are trolling

You don't require a troll.

And this is my safe space.

You are invading it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Not at all.

Yeah. As it turns out I guess it was a good thing that just set back and did nothing huh?

Aaaaand we loop back to this again. They did nothing because there was nothing in their authority to do. See also: the thread above where we addressed this several times already. Thinking people are using microwave ovens on you to put voices in your head, or that HAARP is emitting mind beams to keep you awake at night et al are not a federal thing.

Even a local LEO or ER doc wouldn't likely commit you for further evaluation if you were only having this level of mental illness. Again, the gating factors for forcing you into treatment are SI, HI and grave disability. Disordered logic is outpatient.

I am sorry man. I guess I over reach my expectations of others to see what I see. I believe with OP information it could have been stopped.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

You may be right.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Good answer, Bro.

Friending you.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

This video says that the shooter's father died while he was deployed in Iraq.

And that he claimed "his mind was being controlled by the C.I.A."

The family says that "something got to him".

nbc4 new york / suspect claims U.S. intelligence ...

edit on 6-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Yeah, it's called Paranoid schizophrenia.

I am praying for our beloved country.

Truly and with all of my heart.

This truly is a tragedy.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Dan00 because:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

What you're wanting is to know what was going to happen and make it not happen. That requires prescience. The 'if onlys' are a bad place to be, emotionally. If only. If only someone had known that Gacy was killing teenagers. If only Manson had taken lithium. If only ... whatever. You can always find an 'if only' point for any bad thing. The problem is, there are orders of magnitude of other people who are crazy but DON'T kill people. You can't just jug them all just in case.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who are discharged for unsuitability or given general discharges for becoming schizophrenic in the service. It's just the time of life when you're prone to become schizophrenic anyway, and the stresses of military life set it off.

In addition, if you live in a big city, and here in California it seems to be a lot worse, a really big proportion of street people have some sort of mental illness. You can't incarcerate them all. You also can't know which one of them, if any, will decide a concert, a schoolyard, the mall on the weekend or whatnot isn't going to be just a dandy place to end it all and take a dozen people with them.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

Yeah, it's called Paranoid schizophrenia.

I am praying for our beloved country.

Truly and with all of my heart.

This truly a tragedy.

Here is the full quote from the article.

"Something got to him," she said. "It looks like he lost his mind. He would say that he would see things. I don't know. So he went to the hospital. That's what I know. That's what the mother told me, who lives in Puerto Rico."

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

And that he claimed "his mind was being controlled by the C.I.A."

Of course he did. It's a common delusion. Personally, I prefer Matthews thinking that he was being controlled by gangs of dwarves with bar magnets. But each cat his own rat.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

...that's what the mother told me, who lives in Puerto Rico."

Bless her heart.

I'm out, Brother.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the Navy Yard shooter claimed something similar.

According to an FBI official after the shooting, Alexis was under the "belief that he was being controlled or influenced by extremely low frequency electromagnetic waves". A message later obtained by federal authorities from Alexis' personal computing devices said, "Ultra low frequency attack is what I've been subject to for the last 3 months. And to be perfectly honest, that is what has driven me to this."

wiki / Navy Yard Shooting / mental health issues

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I prefer Matthews thinking that he was being controlled by gangs of dwarves with bar magnets.

You know I love you third-to-best.

I prefer Matthews thinking that he was being controlled by gangs of dwarves with bar magnets. But each cat his own rat.

I? Personally? Am under the geas of vast lineages of the Tuatha Dé Danann.

edit on 6-1-2017 by Dan00 because:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What you're wanting is to know what was going to happen and make it not happen. That requires prescience. The 'if onlys' are a bad place to be, emotionally. If only. If only someone had known that Gacy was killing teenagers. If only Manson had taken lithium. If only ... whatever. You can always find an 'if only' point for any bad thing. The problem is, there are orders of magnitude of other people who are crazy but DON'T kill people. You can't just jug them all just in case.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who are discharged for unsuitability or given general discharges for becoming schizophrenic in the service. It's just the time of life when you're prone to become schizophrenic anyway, and the stresses of military life set it off.

In addition, if you live in a big city, and here in California it seems to be a lot worse, a really big proportion of street people have some sort of mental illness. You can't incarcerate them all. You also can't know which one of them, if any, will decide a concert, a schoolyard, the mall on the weekend or whatnot isn't going to be just a dandy place to end it all and take a dozen people with them.

I can understand that.

I was in the military. I know what it can do to you. The system let this guy down along with his victims, no matter how you look at it. Not only could it have been stopped, it should have been stopped, but wasn't.
edit on 6-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Yes, we all got that. And from their point of view, he went into the service ok and came out nuts.

But in your early 20's, your head rewires a lot of connections. Trims out and discards things you didn't use as a kid. When that happens, sometimes it #s up. And a common wiring mistake produces paranoid schizophrenia. And the features of that are often illogical thought, and hallucinations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join