It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says Election Outcome Not Affected by Cyber-Attacks. Better Cyber-Security is Coming.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Friday, January 6, 2017

WASHINGTON - President-elect Donald Trump said he had a "constructive" meeting with members of U.S. intelligence agencies on Friday and plans to appoint a team to give him a plan to combat cyber attacks within 90 days of taking office on Jan. 20.

PRESIDENT-ELECT TRUMP SAID AFTER THE BRIEFING:

""While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines," Trump said in a statement after the briefing from spy chiefs who have accused Russia of hacking to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election.""

Full Story: www.msn.com... p

Once again, Donald Trump has to put in place a policy to fix something that the current Obama administration didn't think was important enough to address.

-cwm
edit on 1/6/2017 by carewemust because: adjustments here and there..

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Jan 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags added

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ummm....I think the Obama Administration has been addressing it. However, mentioning Russia as hackers seems to cause alt-right ire. Putting any plans into place seem to cause conservatives to say Obama is giving the internet away to foreign countries or plans on full censorship of it.
edit on 6-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Once again, Donald Trump has to put in place a policy to fix something that the current Obama administration didn't think was important enough to address.

-cwm

Someone clearly doesn't know how the cyber security world works.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

during the Nobama cyper weaponry possibly leaped 2 generations from previous presidencies.

all the hacks, spying, and tracking tools snowden shed light on ring any bells.

the DNC and Shillary's security issues are faults of their own.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well if he didn't think it was a problem in the Election, why does he feel a need Now to fix it?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For someone who people say doesnt act very presidential hes doing a bloody good job of acting presidential

He hasnt called for committees or hearings, hes put together a team and is expecting a plan of action in a short time frame.

I think maybe Ive misinterpreted things, when people are saying Trumps not acting presidential what they mean is he is actually getting things done and putting America first instead of bending over to globalists and special interest groups.
In that regard I agree he is not very presidential, he is a great leader though

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nice deflection, there, tRump! LOL

He's not denying that Russia was behind the DNC hacks, he's just saying that doesn't change the fact that he won at the ballot box, which they didn't tamper with..........

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Right you are. I'm counting on Russia being behind the DNC hacks. Obama says that no foreign terrorist attacked this country during his Presidency. Russia affecting the election makes that statement WRONG.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Well if he didn't think it was a problem in the Election, why does he feel a need Now to fix it?

Trump didn't like what China did to SONY.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
More laws to protect the little american, and they will love it untill it affects them

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Obama says that no foreign terrorist attacked this country during his Presidency. Russia affecting the election makes that statement WRONG.

There was no foreign terrorist attack your country , let's not mix terrorism with espionage as they are very different.
Trump was wrong , again.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Okay, where is all of this information on the cyber attacks he told everyone about via his stupid trumptard tweet? He said he would give the information "Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest" My God don't you people hold him accountable for ANYTHING

The man said he has information others did not have about the hacks, WHERE IS IT?

Last time I checked today is Friday Wed has come and gone!!!!

edit on 6-1-2017 by kurthall because: Add

The trumpeters will just make excuses for him as usual, and not a peep out of Donald about this information !!

edit on 6-1-2017 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
More laws to protect the little american, and they will love it untill it affects them

Brilliant response.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No he's not, he's pea-cocking and trying to be the big dog, while #ting on the lawns of bigger dogs.

All countries are constantly trying to hack each other, we do it, China does it, Russia does it. We all have intelligence agencies built up of spy's and hackers and analysts, every countries knows the damn names of the agencies in the other governments and what they are attempting to do, cause our agencies do the same thing.

The only reason for the Russia thing is propaganda, to push some agenda. Otherwise the only real response to this is to keep it quiet, recognize where your faults were, and adapt and improve in the ever growing cyber arms race. The only time things like this which happens daily by the minute by every government with an internet connection, is to push an agenda. Otherwise it's in the best interests of intelligence agencies and government to keep quiet just how much we hack each other.

Trump is right to improve cyber security. Is the only real response to this situation, as this situation is status quo, we are all constantly pushing each others cyber defenses trying to break into and acquire the others information. We're all doing it. So if Russia got in and hacked us, same as we are trying to do to them, (and if you think otherwise have I got a bridge to sell you) and succeeded, then the only thing that does is demonstrate our weakness.

This would all normally be handled clandestinely. Why it's not being done so should be sending up a lot of red flags.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Okay, where is all of this information on the cyber attacks he told everyone about via his stupid trumptard tweet? He said he would give the information "Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest" My God don't you people hold him accountable for ANYTHING

The man said he has information others did not have about the hacks, WHERE IS IT?

The "Ace Card" up tRump's sleeve, the things he knows that no one else does, that we would find out about on Tues or Wed, was Julian Assange' surprise "Jack in the Hole" that backfired! LOL

edit on 6-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Intel: "Trump we know it was Russia because we have been illegally collecting every bit sent into the country, check it out."
Or
Intel: "Trump it wasn't Russia but this is a chance to advance our invasive cyber security agenda, check it out."

Trump: "I knew that already. I know a lot of things. Very good things. People say I'm the best at knowing things all the time."
Trump:
Trump: "Let's find a way to shed light on these programs. I want them made public in 90 days."

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Donald Trump Says Election Outcome Not Affected by Cyber-Attacks. Better Cyber-Security is Coming.

It wasn't,

Only one news station even talked about Fox News.

The others. CNN and company told people it was illegal to read them, and to ignore them.

Trump is RIGHT.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trump acknowledges a hack that he said didn't happen and Trump is right ?
Trump fired off his mouth from a position of ignorance , now he's been educated.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Intel: "Trump we know it was Russia because we have been illegally collecting every bit sent into the country, check it out."
Or
Intel: "Trump it wasn't Russia but this is a chance to advance our invasive cyber security agenda, check it out."

Trump: "I knew that already. I know a lot of things. Very good things. People say I'm the best at knowing things all the time."
Trump:
Trump: "Let's find a way to shed light on these programs. I want them made public in 90 days."

LOL, that is funny, Trumps speech has been studied by linguist, he speaks at about a fourth grade level! Also he says he went to the best School and was Top of his class Which is completely incorrect! His grades just like his taxes he won't make public! He will tell you he had great marks in school, but won't show you the report card!!!

It has also been noticed he compliments and talks about how smart he is, which to any psychologist, simply points to insecurity! How many Doctors talk constantly about how smart they are!?!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: neo96

Trump acknowledges a hack that he said didn't happen and Trump is right ?
Trump fired off his mouth from a position of ignorance , now he's been educated.

Then how prey tell did CLinton end up with 2 million more votes than Trump?

To state the obvious Trump critics are firing off their mouths from a position of ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join