It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says Election Outcome Not Affected by Cyber-Attacks. Better Cyber-Security is Coming.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

LOL, that is funny, Trumps speech has been studied by linguist, he speaks at about a fourth grade level!

He does that to make sure the opposition understands and can respond accordingly.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

“While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions
us14.campaign-archive1.com...

I didn't say anything about votes , Trump said it didn't happen now he's been shown it did.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

His speaking is a case study indeed. It is fun to mock. It is as if he is channeling all the elements of a successful advertisement: easy to digest words, emotion elicitation, reinforcing a brand. This stuff is effective. More effective in communicating with most people than a polished ivy league sesquipedalian would be. In fact, you would expect an upper class man like Trump to have been exposed to the very best in education. That is how social classes work. The fact that he can communicate to coal miner Joe means he is either really stupid or really smart. The man beat the GOP, DNC, and MSM to win presidency. An argument for the former really doesn't hold water to me because what does that say about everyone else.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: neo96

“While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions
us14.campaign-archive1.com...

I didn't say anything about votes , Trump said it didn't happen now he's been shown it did.

I don't know the details, but "constantly trying to break through" does not mean they were ever successful.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But he said outright all along that no voting machines were hacked.

Given when the hacks began the consensus that they were out to harm Hillary more than help trump seems logical to me.
Trump had not announced his candidacy yet in 2015.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What did they do?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I will wait to read the 25 page report which I have not done yet, but the commentary on it so far it's that once again there is no evidence at all of a Russian link to providing documents to wikileaks.

Given Trumps statement, it seems that even the more detailed evidence he would have received provides nothing on this wikileaks/Russia link either.

The current news cycle is pure propaganda though. Nothing has really changed. These kinds of cyber attacks are common.

edit on 6/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't think this counts as a terror attack. No one is terrorised by a cyber hacking.
Pissed yes but not afraid .

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Templeton
Intel: "Trump we know it was Russia because we have been illegally collecting every bit sent into the country, check it out."
Or
Intel: "Trump it wasn't Russia but this is a chance to advance our invasive cyber security agenda, check it out."

Trump: "I knew that already. I know a lot of things. Very good things. People say I'm the best at knowing things all the time."
Trump:
Trump: "Let's find a way to shed light on these programs. I want them made public in 90 days."

LOL, that is funny, Trumps speech has been studied by linguist, he speaks at about a fourth grade level! Also he says he went to the best School and was Top of his class Which is completely incorrect! His grades just like his taxes he won't make public! He will tell you he had great marks in school, but won't show you the report card!!!

It has also been noticed he compliments and talks about how smart he is, which to any psychologist, simply points to insecurity! How many Doctors talk constantly about how smart they are!?!

Speaking in simple-minded, 4th-grade terms is apparently enough to become a Billionaire in America...and President of the United States of America. What a beautiful country!

The rest of us must be too smart and educated, to achieve success of that magnitude in this nation.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't think this counts as a terror attack. No one is terrorised by a cyber hacking.
Pissed yes but not afraid .

A terrorist doesn't have to always use guns and explosives to achieve an objective. If Russia was an enabler of Trump being elected over Hillary, wouldn't that be an act of terrorism?

Republicans John McCain and Lindsay Graham go even further. They say that the Cyber-based tampering did occur..it's an ACT OF WAR, and Russia should pay "dearly" for their attack(s) on the USA election process.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
When you read the comments on this thread you see real partisan thinking, for and against Trump, for and against Russia's alleged cyber involvement.

Not one of us will know 100% that a cyber-attack even took place, that the Russian's actually attempted to influence the election in some unknown way. Unless real genuine evidence is made public, it is all 'hearsay', and you cannot make any informed decision as to its veracity.

Fact is, how 'true' you think this propaganda to be will be determined by your own prejudice and your own biased belief system. This is trial by media and hearsay and swift condemnation at the same time. It's the same old drum beat against Russia, after all, you are expected to fear Russia, and if not, you are not a good American.

A good American will ignore America's global surveillance of everyone's phone and computer, and simply consider it as a 'necessary evil' to combat whichever 'bogeyman' the agencies want to promote as the baddie. Pretty soon, a 'good American' will want the agencies to curtail their full internet search availability to just what the government decrees them to see.

This is nothing more than a 'virtual' false flag seeking to achieve an aim and to implement a deeper agenda and to use the people's own bias and prejudice to gain compliance to the agenda they want to implement.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

He has to downplay the interference by Russia because it was aimed at helping him , it's a black mark on his Presidency before he's even started it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It's real simple. If the stolen DNC emails hadn't been published, Donald Trump wouldn't have had much to talk about during the campaign. His Campaign relied on those emails being leaked on a regular basis. Those emails, in my opinion threw the election in his direction. He wouldn't have won without those leaks.

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: elysiumfire

It's real simple. If the stolen DNC emails hasn't been published, Donald Trump wouldn't have had much to talk about during the campaign. His Campaign relied on those emails being leaked on a regular basis. Those emails, in my opinion threw the election in his direction. He wouldn't have won without those leaks.

Thank heavens the truth got out then. Phew.. that was a close call if you are right!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Great! We agree then! Donald Trump's election is illegitimate.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I thought the intelligence community was supposed to deliver FACTS. There should be NO DOUBT as to what the Russians DID or DID NOT DO. After months of investigations, using our tax dollars, It seems like they're still guessing at what happened.

If U.S. Intelligence is still not sure, then it's up to President-elect Trump to believe what he wants to. One thing the reports DID say, is that that the DNC/Podesta/Clinton e-mails were ACCURATE. Not forged, as alleged by DONNA BRAZILE.

Maybe the PIZZA Ring stuff was accurate too!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

Great! We agree then! Donald Trump's election is illegitimate.

Hey, whatever reality you want to live in is fine by me... you need to sleep at night. I get it.
Every morning you will wake up to the knowledge that he IS your President, though.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I thought the intelligence community was supposed to deliver FACTS. There should be NO DOUBT as to what the Russians DID or DID NOT DO

The version of the report we got was declassified , sensitive material taken out.
Trump saw the full version and has now accepted hacking occurred.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I thought the intelligence community was supposed to deliver FACTS. There should be NO DOUBT as to what the Russians DID or DID NOT DO

The version of the report we got was declassified , sensitive material taken out.
Trump saw the full version and has now accepted hacking occurred.

...and also confirmed there is no evidence to suggest the election was influenced.
Hacking being confirmed is not a big revelation. It's been happening all throughout Obama's presidency, including election years.

It is also worth pointing out that wikileaks were very active on releasing information about Obama in 2008 when he was running for President. You need only search their site for the revelations.

In short absolutely nothing has changed, except this time the Democrats lost. Those that want to find comfort in their defeat will coddle around the propaganda no matter what truths are available to them.
edit on 7/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join