It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids TV show has Lesbians.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Where are you going to draw the line? Today you want homosexuals on childrens TV shows, tomorrow you'll want polygamists or people with foot fetishes. After all, aren't they entitled to tolerance to? How are they so wrong and homosexuals so right? You cannot have it both ways.

I had a lot more respect for the homosexual community when they weren't shoving it down my throat. Homosexuals are actually a small part of the population but if you look at the news and the tv media you would think that they are in the majority at this point.

Enough. Keep your deviant behavior in the bedroom. Not just for the sake of children, but because really, no one CARES. You would be 'tolerated' and 'accepted' a lot more if your identity didn't revolve solely on who you choose to sleep with.

Jemison

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dont forget Transexuals too lol, if any one saw Trisha show this morning lol funny it was...........

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't really see a problem with this it all. If you have something against people making syrup, turn it off. I'm tired of people who think they know what's best for everyone else. Just because you don't like it or approve of it doesn't mean I feel the same way, and I'd rather make choices for what I want to see than to have you make them for me.

I have to say, though, as a 17 year old gay male, that I really wish I could have seen things like this when I was younger. If I could've seen two lesbians living a normal life when I was growing up, it would've made my life a lot easier. When I realized I was gay, I had a really hard time accepting myself, and I just wanted it all to go away. If I had seen things like this, I would've realized it was all okay, and that I wasn't a sick freak. I don't think this show is going to "brainwash" any children, but to show them that this is a lifestyle that actually does exist in the world. To be honest, I didn't even believe gay people existed until I realized I was one!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Check out these magazine covers. These magazines are in most grocery stores and are well with in the reach of children.

the current Cosmopolitan Magazine cover
the cover says "Would you pay for sex?"

cosmo.ninemsn.com.au...

The March issue of seventeen magazine
the cover says "What turns guys on"

www.seventeen.com...

The National Enquirer - this weeks issue
showing at least 5 shots of peoples nearly nude backsides

www.nationalenquirer.com...

These are just a few I knew off the top of my head and I didn't have to look hard for them.
These magazines are on the shelves right now. They are blatant. Your children may already have seen them.

You let this go on but are willing to shut down a show about making syrup. There is no sex on the Buster show. There are no tips about great sex, no nude bottoms, no sex period. They are making syrup.

Are you going to tell me that if you see two women making syrup you must take it upon your self to explain oral sex in detail to your child, but when the child reads about what turns men on that doesn't spark any questions / explainations?

Like I said, I don't care if Buster is ever seen again. I don't care about the show. I just think that people are over reacting. I agree that we shouldn't show sex to our kids. Since there is no sex on the Buster show, how has this become such a sexual issue? If you really don't want your kids exposed to sex, let's go after the people who are really doing just that. Let's start by putting those magazines up too high for kids to see instead of floor level at the check out counter.

Edit - magazine links

[edit on 2/9/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Shame that this whole 'tolerance agenda' arguament was once used in Newspapers showing Black/White/etc as equal?

Maybe if kids can see the fact someone being gay, isn't wrong, isn't evil, on T.V. it might stop their racist, fachist parents views being pushed down upon them?

If they do not understand something, if they have no prior knowledge of it they'll believe a lot of what their parents say. I've seen this in kids, one of my ex-girlfriends younger brothers, is so racist and anti-gay, because of what his father said. I never actually say the kid say something that didn't conform to what his father said, in the year relationship.

It is about time, kids by about the age of 10 get taught about this. I mean, when I was at School in England, by 11 we knew what homosexuals were, that it was normal, we also learnt about contraception, single parent families, divorce, etc, etc.

Yet, I don't take drugs (I tried and released the good doesn't outway the bad.) I'm straight and hold down stable relationships and am allowed to take 5 A levels in an English College. (Highest you can take,)

And the same goes for all my classmates that had that. People need to be shown, taught, or it only breeds fear and hate. It'll happen with Islam, like it is Homosexuals, like it did with Blacks, etc, etc.

Maybe if people as parents could do a good job of raising children than we'd not need T.V. to do it for us?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I read that someone had compared homosexuals to that of people with a "foot fetish". Please tell me.. what is your basis for comparison? you are undoubtedly a self-righteous (spelling?) conservative, who feels that anyone not of your substance is inferior.. its a sad thing that while people can easily accept interracial couples and ethnicity of all kinds, religions of all types.. etc, they have SUCH a hard time accepting the homosexual.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No my point was that homosexuality is a sexual preference, not some kind of minority status or entitlement. I don't give a flip what people do in their bedrooms and I am far from conservative, but cramming an adult sexual concept down kid's throats through publicly funded broadcasting is an entirely different matter all together. Sexuality is subjective, your preferences are yours to have, but my comparisons to people with foot fetishes was because being homosexual doesn't you mean you have the right to promote and market your sexuality directly to children. How would like your kids watching BD/SM cartoons on saturday morning? Would you object to Foot Fetish Barney? I personally abhor homosexuality, but honestly I don't care if you or anyone else is gay, I don't want my kids exposed to this or any other kind of garbage which is being intentionally marketed to them. Is it really so hard for you guys to understand this concept? As a parent, I try to instill some sense of morality and self restraint to my children, and I don't need television shows which are publicly funded on PBS teaching my kids a damned thing about sex, deviant or otherwise. When it comes time for my kids to know why some guys talk funny and live with other men, I'll explain it to them, in my terms, and in my time. It's called parenting, on a broader scale it's called socialization. It's my job as a parent, not Teletubbies or any other cartoon. Keep sexuality where it belongs, in adulthood. It isn't about your rights, it isn't about my rights, it's about common friggin decency and respect for families that might think its not ok for Bert and Ernie to sleep in the same bed.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
“adult sexual concept”

So is heterosexuality.

“How would like your kids watching BD/SM cartoons on saturday morning? Would you object to Foot Fetish Barney?”

As their parent, I’d decide what they watch. I’d not care if it was on T.V. or not, but I have the choice on what they’ll get to see.

“teaching my kids a damned thing about sex”

You should of done that, not T.V. sorry but where I live, most kids by 10ish know what a ‘homosexual’ is. Maybe that’s the difference? Saying that...I don't know many kids who stay inside, most go out and play around here...guess that's why we have so few fat people. =|

“deviant or otherwise”

Over here we don’t think someone’s a ‘deviant’ sexually, for being gay, bi-sexual, etc. They make up a large enough proportion of society, that it has established its own sub-culture that is now deemed expectable.

“When it comes time for my kids to know why some guys talk funny and live with other men, I'll explain it to them, in my terms, and in my time.”

Good job there, you might want to stop blacks from being on T.V. as well…oh… and those pesky Muslims. Sorry, but most gay ‘men’ do not ‘talk funny’. Your terms, by the looks of things would raise a very misinformed child. But it’s all good, have him/her hate people for what they do and enjoy.

But be careful…next we’ll have gay-black people on T.V. and you can get the burning crosses out.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Odium]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Odium, you completely missed my point. Sex has no business in materials which are directly marketed to children. Period. And yes I said deviant, as far as I know, propogation of the species through heterosexual intercourse is still the Norm.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
But there is no sex on the show.

The women don't have sex.

They aren't naked.

They don't talk about sex.

Sex is never mentioned in the show.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i don't think it matters if someone is gay. If kids are learning from the show it doesn't matter or if the parents are afraid that their kids are going to learn about gay people they're gonna learn it some time

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I have 4 daughters that are 7, 5, and 3 year old twins. I am not in favor of censorship but I am in favor of not exposing small children to sexuality of ANY kind. Homosexuals are a small percentage of the population and children in homosexual households are an even smaller population. It is not the job of PBS to focus on this subject, expose my children to it and then put me in a position of having to explain it to them long before they are ready to understand it.

I volunteered in my daughters First grade class last month and the teacher had me reading a story about families. One of the pages in the book mentioned a child who lived with his two Fathers. The children were asking me where the mother was and how the child could have two fathers. These 6 year olds were so confused and it was clear that this book was highly inappropriate for this setting and these students.

If you want to discuss homosexuality with your young children, so be it. But if you are going to put homosexual parents on a PBS show that is geared toward 3-8 year olds, or read my first grader books that touch on the subject, you better give me a heads up so that I can make sure that my children are not exposed to something that I feel is MY job to discuss with them when the time is right.

It should be PARENTS discussing this with their children when the children are able to understand it, NOT PBS and NOT the schools. And quite frankly, I didn't have a problem with homosexuals until they decided to push for tolerance in such 'look at us, we're gay, love us anyway' fashion. People like Rosie O'Donnell came out of the closet and referred to herself as a 'Dyke'. When the homosexual community decided to flaunt themselves, make spectacles of themselves, and started to think it was a fantastic idea to tell the world what they do in the bedroom I started getting very offended. I don't shout to the world what I do in the privacy of my bedroom and I don't want to hear what YOU do in yours and that includes straights AND gays. LEAVE IT IN THE BEDROOM!!!

Jemison

ok, im 14 and im bi, im proud of it.

but it's close minded #s like you that downplay people. i am hiding it and only one person knows. why do i hide it??? people like you who downplay it..

it's not like gays say "well we had hot spicy sex last night!! love us for it!" we say "well we are in love!! let us get married" you dumb #

<< 1  2   >>

join