It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March and Demonstration on CNN ~ Let's Do This

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

With your background, why don't you start your own "news" network. New Media....I'll watch!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Tempting my filmmaking friend. Maybe I could crowd fund it. Totally joking. However...I would definitely shoot and share this were it to transpire.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I dunno, but short of giving Anderson Cooper a swirly and Wolf Blitzer a wedgie it seems to hold some promise for expressing the outrage many of us feel.

CNN is not fake news. They are biased and factually incorrect at times....

Sooooo what's the difference between a factually incorrect story and a fake story? Factually incorrect stories are lies and lies are fake.

By the way he said "a list of their fake news stories", he didn't say all of CNN was fake news.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I would support this, OP. Been watching CNN and other mainstream outlets feeding BS to the minds of Americans for years.

A march for something like this would mean a Hell of a lot more than BLM or OWS, where they don't even know what the Hell they want. Other than maybe free #.

It's a worthy cause, a huge one. Corrupt media is a MAJOR problem. Bigger than many people realize because many are victims themselves of modern brainwashing, they don't want to see it, they don't care. It has become cultural, THAT is why it is so dangerous.

SOMEONE needs to start caring tho, I would love to see the ball get rolling on this.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The best thing to do is avoid watching them,pretty soon their price for advertising,will be on par of early cable shows,no market,no advertisements

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yo, Wookie---good to see you, brudda! I'm running it around some other boards/forums as well as colleagues I know who value old school journalism. We'll see how it goes. If so, we'll definitely make a mini-doc about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Tempting my filmmaking friend. Maybe I could crowd fund it. Totally joking. However...I would definitely shoot and share this were it to transpire.

I'm always up for exciting projects...perhaps with production and/or technical support.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Please DO this! PLEASE I need something to laugh at these days.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Glad you like the idea. You want to join in? That way you can get your laughs without delay.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I still believe in journalistic integrity however.

So do I. And that's exactly why I got my A.B.J.

Even though I'm in (film, single-cam) production, now.

Public awareness is important as I see it.

That is the singular obligation of the media (or is supposed to be).
edit on 6-1-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Seems like we might be fairly close geographically. I'm a one man production boutique and always looking for other creatives to collaborate with. I'm putting together what I believe to be an interesting regional concept (TV/Multi-Social-Media.) Glad to meet you, we should PM.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Wish we were closer, Olaru. We've talked about collaboration before. I have an idea forming. I'll hit your inbox in a bit too.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

and

finally. . .

Then where do you get your information, or that information which you believe to be true?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I gather data from different sources and usually make my own determination on any given topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey DB Cowboy:

But even biased, bigoted, untrustworthy media companies have a right to spew their garbage.

They are a for-profit industry though. So a boycott may prove to be more effective than a march.

a reply to: DBCowboy

If I may paraphrase for a moment, and forgive if this isn't even close......there are journalists in my family, for 25 yrs. or more. When they went to jounalism school, there was a certain ethics to the reporting. You didn't get involved, you observed, quoted checked facts in order to support what seems then to be the "truth."

The problem is with disinformation and propaganda, it has absolutely nothing to do wiht truth, and we've become a post modernistic paradiam whereby cr@@ap is put out there, and the justification is not only makeing money, which is ancillary by the way: It's really about power: swaying and divinding and concquering the masses.....

Now, within our constitution, applying to the mass public, saying the kKK, and many other hate and exculsiary groups, they have the right to spew their venom. It's callee freedom or speech.

But journalism, as Jefferson Davis saw it, kept the government honest, and the way that is done, is a systm of ethics, honesty, and leveling wiht the amerikan people they are supposed to be reprensting while they are being paid for the very taxpayer who put them in place to do that.

Just my opinion. Carry on.
tetra
edit on 18-1-2017 by tetra50 because: further

edit on 18-1-2017 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join