It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 90-Day Rat Study Destroys Corporate GMO Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The Op which is 727Sky posted the title as per ATS directive. You got a problem with the title or the article I guess you can take it up with ATS or the authors of the article. I just brought the news and the studies results.

(post by Chadwickus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Do pesticides penetrate the outer skin of crops? Can they be washed off?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

As if all pesticides get washed off from every plant, all the time....there WILL be exposure, especially if you handle the stuff daily.

How many people have died from bt poisoning in the last 50 years?

Zero.

npic.orst.edu...

edit on 5/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

How many people have died from smoking a single cigarette in the last 50 years?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

You have to start somewhere, and if you get differences you can upscale the sample size.
Research is selden unsignificant.

I'm not talking about the ( premature ) conclusions.

So you agree that the title of the thread is hyperbolic to the point of being blatantly false?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

How many people have died from smoking a single cigarette in the last 50 years?

Good point. Some people smoke two packs a day and live to be ninety. Others do not smoke at all and get lung cancer at a young age. Do you see the problem with drawing broad conclusions from small sample sizes?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yup, I also see the conclusions as well.

It needs to be tested more, and not tests sponsored by the makers of the product.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ka reply to: EartOccupant

A health professional is recommended in such cases ...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

How many people have diseases that were totally unknown or rare 50 years ago ? How many childhood illnesses were totally unknown or extremely rare 50 years ago ? I do not have the answer to that question and only someone with a very large data set could possible know. How much autism did we have 50 years ago.. I did not know anyone back then who had a kid or a family member who was.... It certainly was not mentioned in the news like it has been these last 20 years.. where the headlines say one in five kids will be autistic in a short future date..

Yep just better diagnosis says MSN and maybe they are correct... but I really have a hard time believing what we are putting into our bodies and foods is not part of the problem..
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The OP just followed the rules of an OP as he was thinking it is obliged. ( Somehow thats also scary )

But the title, its word games I can p[lay those too... let's define "Corporate Propaganda" first... before we can destroy it.

Corporate propaganda refers to propagandist claims made by a corporation (or corporations), for the purpose of manipulating market opinion with regard to that corporation, and its activities. Just as the use of these products and services theoretically may provide pluses which outweigh the minuses to society and individuals, advocates may poses intentions that some believe may ultimately have a positive impact on society. In reality, however, corporate propaganda is never justified given the relativistic nature of a "plus" or "minus," and the simple fact that it is lying to "free and equal" adults.

'
Now we have to determine IF regarding to GMO CP actually is being deployed.
Then we have to establish IF this little studie differs from studies done before.
Now IF als those IF's are true.. then the OP could be right. Because any additional (minus OR plus) information, not given out by the original CP, would destroy the Corporate Propaganda by definition !!

So maybe we should study the content instead of the title !

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

As if all pesticides get washed off from every plant, all the time....there WILL be exposure, especially if you handle the stuff daily.

Zero.

npic.orst.edu...

Talk about "hyperbole"....

You reclaimed the prize for today so far.

We won't wait for proof of your "scientific study" that proved that negative (that can't be proven).

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Wtf are you on about?

Bt is NOT poisonous to humans.

Yet apparently when it gets put in corn it is.

Try and explain that logic.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Aliensun

Wtf are you on about?

Bt is NOT poisonous to humans.

Yet apparently when it gets put in corn it is.

Try and explain that logic.

Ok sure

Mutagenic Effects
B. thuringiensis appears to have mutagenic potential in plant tissue. Extensive use of B.t. on food plants might be hazardous, given its mutagenic potential (6).

source

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Ok sure

Wow, did you really go past all the parts of that paper that cited people snorting it, eating it, lab animals basically being packed in it (8400mg/kg!) with no side effects, to find that one sentence?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

DEATH TO MONSANTO and all their affiliates and supporters. Long live the organic farmer!

Calm down there Osama bin Organic.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I actually thought you were smart! How wrong was I??

The mutagenic effect is on the plant.

It even says it and you don't get it. Extensive use.

It has no mutagenic effects on mammals.

You'll no doubt get a dozen stars for your disinformation though, so well done.

edit on 5/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

10 years, just look at the explosion of digestive diseases. Doesn't take a scientist to figure something changed.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Thats not exactly true. Humans can consume Neem, white Cedar, Lemon Grass oils and in many cases they kill insects not just send them running. Chocolate and dogs comes to mind as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hey there, took you longer than I expected to see this. An alarm must've went off at headquarters over there.

Good reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join