It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the end for South Park?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that the name of South Park's last episode this season was The End of Serialization as We Know It?

It does make me concerned. The series is twenty, no longer a teenager. Matt and Trey are middle-aged men now. And, as amazing as their salvage of the series was post-election, they must feel awfully bruised in a way. I mean, they are not really that cutting edge if they didn't anticipate the uncertain election outcome as any unreasonable, paranoid, brilliant person should have.

So my prediction is, next season of South Park may NOT be the usual ten episodes. I'm expecting them to overturn their own applecart in order to stay relevant.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

My wife likes to look into this stuff, and she says that not only have the creators said that they'd be willing to do the show for as long as Comedy Central wishes, but that they're signed on to air new episodes until 2019. That's when they'll have to renew the contract. She found that information on their wiki page.

In regards to what they'll do with their next season, I'm actually looking forward to it. I can't wait to see how they'll make fun of Trump with Mr. Garrison. lol I hope they continue to keep a solid theme throughout the seasons, it's nice to see how things build.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think the name of the last episode is a reference to them returning to stand alone episodes instead of a season long arc.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Those guys can do anything they want.
They can take a permanent vacation with no worries.
I like to imagine they have something funny brewing.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I hope that it's Team America 2, the world needs them now more than ever before.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

[American] politics = endless material for South Park.
the writers are already handed the material. all they have to do is translate it into the sputh park 'language.'

so no, as long as there are congressman doing weird stuff in bathrooms, a man receiving woman of the year award, scientology, celebrity mongs who cant stop using twitter and facebook, the US' never ending 'race' relation 'issues', Al Gore.... etc...

South Park will live on.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It'll never be over. As long as people are idiots, there will always something to write about. These are the same people that went to the Grammy's on acid in dresses haha.

I don't see it stopping any time soon.
edit on 4-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
South Park has been embarrassingly horrible since they've been doing their story arcs. If they keep that up they're going to last another 4 years tops. It's almost not even funny anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I completely second this. Team America.. we neeed youuu!

Seriously though, South Park will survive the apocalypse. These guys have comedy stamina beyond belief. The way they write, based on reality, guarantees endless material.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It is scheduled to air through at least 2019.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

I hope that it's Team America 2, the world needs them now more than ever before.
Oh I agree, I keep having the AMERICA F*#K YEAH! MUSIC VIDEO playing in my head. The really need to make Team America 2, some of us could really use it!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They've already signed with the network to produce seasons up to 2020.

SP isn't going anywhere, matt and trey opened their own studio, hired a whole team to do just south park, while they focus on other projects, it's not just the two of them doing it anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

There was a two episode run where they showed Stan growing up and seeing everything as # that made it look like they were thinking about quitting. That was a few seasons ago. When it comes to those two, you just have to sit back and see.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

Oh I agree, I keep having the AMERICA F*#K YEAH! MUSIC VIDEO playing in my head. The really need to make Team America 2, some of us could really use it!

That was my unit's theme song while I was stationed in Iraq. We watched that movie and listened to that song all the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think they peaked in 2015 with the PC focused season, that was on point. I'd like to see them go back to one-off episodes for at least one season and maybe return to the serialized format in 2018 or 2019.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Hidinout

That was my unit's theme song while I was stationed in Iraq. We watched that movie and listened to that song all the time.
This makes me smile and be forlorn at the same time. While puppet war is entertaining...the real thing has to be horrifically beyond anything I can imagine. And yet as I said, it makes me smile thinking about that being your unit's theme song. Anyway...that's the USA in a nutshell...F*#k YEAH. And even though I don't know you I'm glad you aren't in Iraq anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh, don't tease....

"America! F*** Yeah!"

Can you imagine Trump on Team America? Oh man...writes itself!
edit on 8-2-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Trump had to win. Or else the rest of the South Park season 20 would have been utterly boring ^
Garrison owned that sheit.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Nonsense. The switch was taking it to the next level (as one off series writing in general is old school lacking in talent/vision speaking to TV show writing in general).

Although they dropped many balls this past season. They could have done it better. It was in them that is. Their distraction projects are always an issue, and their fully immersed RPG games now are their new obsessions the past few years. (Which to have seen the full canon now you really have to play the "movies" from the games [which can be seen in full on Youtube].)

new topics

top topics

join