It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whoopee Theirs no law compelling you to pay the IRS income tax.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I never understood modern art....lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

It's an acquired taste

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I thought it was coomon knowledge. You cant go to jail for not paying your taxes. Its the tax fraud thing that gets ya.

You can literally just file every year and tell them what you made (be honest) and tell them you know you owe this much and then dont pay. That is not illegal. Then you go 10 years without paying a dime and do an offer and compromise for a couple grand.

That is why employers have to take your taxes out for you, otherwise no one would ever pay.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111
I think you are a mite wrong there. A certain Mr Capone was jailed because of tax evasion, note, not tax fraud. Tax evasion. Not paying the amount of tax he was supposed to have paid.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: goou111
I think you are a mite wrong there. A certain Mr Capone was jailed because of tax evasion, note, not tax fraud. Tax evasion. Not paying the amount of tax he was supposed to have paid.

Because he did not claim all the money he made.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

whoopee Theirs no law compelling you to pay the IRS income tax.

Whoopee gpto jail if you don't, can you say Wesley Snipes ??..look ppl don't fk around with these guys .

edit on 4-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Although I wouldn't advice not paying the tax man ,I know someone who claims that they refused to do it and got away with it. I know the guy and he is not the type to bs or make up such things. So I give him the benefit of doubt fwiw. He is also well versed in the law.

He was threatened by the irs ,which he returned the threat to take him to court. They never did go after him in court and he never paid up. This was like 20 years ago and I don't remember all the details but I recall there was some consequences like not being able to get credit and he had to pay in cash for everything.

Maybe next time I see him I will ask the details? But if I recall correctly it did have to do with something along the lines the legality of it and loophole?
edit on 48131America/ChicagoWed, 04 Jan 2017 11:48:29 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ive been hearing all this "you dont have to pay taxes" crap for YEARS. And guess what? NO ONE has ever proved it to be true. NO ONE has ever been successful when trying it. NO ONE has ever won in a court over this. No matter how the law is interpreted no one has ever pulled this off. I believe buried in ATS is a long thread started by a guy who was going to court and trying this by way of the whole straw man thing, but guess what? He never finish posting in the thread when asked for proof.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
I thought it was coomon knowledge. You cant go to jail for not paying your taxes. Its the tax fraud thing that gets ya.

You can literally just file every year and tell them what you made (be honest) and tell them you know you owe this much and then dont pay. That is not illegal. Then you go 10 years without paying a dime and do an offer and compromise for a couple grand.

That is why employers have to take your taxes out for you, otherwise no one would ever pay.

During this time they can put a lien on everything you own. And they might be able to garnish wages.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I went ten years without filing income tax back in the '90's. When I finally filed the IRS guy asked me why I hadn't filed and I told him because I just didn't feel like it..

He looked at me funny but then just said okay.. No fines, no problems..

If someone gets sick of the IRS just take a permanent vacation from filing.. It is a choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lets clarify this a bit. Not filing but still having money taken out of you check is one thing. The gov wont do much if you are getting a refund. You still paid, you just didnt file.

But NOT having money taken out of your check and not filing is something else. You didnt pay anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join