It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray for Iraq's vote.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There are lives at stake and a whole future that could be disrupted by those wishing interfere with the freedom to elect officials of their own country. Please don't allow our efforts there to be in vain. Pray for peace, pray for the safety of our troops, pray for the protection of people of Iraq who want to end the fighting by using their voice, pray for the enemy who wants nothing more than death and destruction to turn and see the err in their actions. The election isn't over until their new leader is in office.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I feel for the people in that country and the harships they are going through. But it looks that it they can no make it to vote, Bush and his liberation is going to make sure that exiles do the voting for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not going to pray for these arab dogs. These people that you so call "pray" for are assisting the terrorists and giving them safe heaven to plot more terrorist attacks. Fallujah ring a bell anyone? I urinate on these people, not pray for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrRobertCamp
I'm not going to pray for these arab dogs. These people that you so call "pray" for are assisting the terrorists and giving them safe heaven to plot more terrorist attacks. Fallujah ring a bell anyone? I urinate on these people, not pray for them.

Doctor? Did you get your degree out of a crackerjack box?

I'm not gonna pray, because I don't think it does any good, but I do hope that the elections occur as smoothly and fairly as possible. But those are relative terms in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Doctor? Did you get your degree out of a crackerjack box?

I'm not gonna pray, because I don't think it does any good, but I do hope that the elections occur as smoothly and fairly as possible. But those are relative terms in Iraq.

I actually received my doctorate degree in human psychology at Rutgers University. I currently work at the Texas Regional Medical Center helping children with various mental disabilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I actually received my doctorate degree in human psychology at Rutgers University. I currently work at the Texas Regional Medical Center helping children with various mental disabilities.

Doctor, how does your feel when you have to treat patients of Arab decedents do you urinate on the children and their parents?

I am just honest.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure never to take my kids there

Seriously, you cannot truly believe that every Iraqi is hiding an insurgent in their basement and strapping bombs to their kids. For everything that has gone wrong in Iraq and everything the US has screwed up, this is a chance to step in the right direction. They can change the nation for the better, or they can elect another strongman to go right back where they started. But from this point on, it's going to be their choice. I would hope someone with a higher education would realize that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
hmmm...if this little project in Iraq works, it may encourage lil' 'ol "W" to keep on truckin....Iran, syria.......

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I will not be praying for "Iraq's vote".
I will pray for "God's will be done" (because he knows best) and
for God's infinite mercy for all who have suffered or been lost during
this terrible time.
"Iraq's vote" is something of man's will so I would'nt feel comfortable
praying for that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But it looks that it they can no make it to vote, Bush and his liberation is going to make sure that exiles do the voting for them.

You do know that many grammar programs are freely available on the Internet. If your going to live here and b1tch and m0an about evil America at least take the time to learn the language.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I indeed will pray for the people of Iraq as it is clear the opposition is getting desperate. The ultimatum of death means that the opposition is not in contention and are in danger of losing their power all together. The true power is in the people
and that is Americas message and intent.

As for the doctors comments, I was debating even to respond. Arab dogs indeed. Sir. They are children of the universen as you and I. They have a right to be here as you and I. Their conditions are a result of struggle over decades if not centuries. And the Iraqis, like ourselves, are losing valuable men, women and children every day. Arab dogs indeed. You covet the title of doctor, yet your comments warrant the title of student. I wish not to flame you, but when it comes to praying for a greater good, perhaps I should pray for you too,

Have a nice day. Is there anyone from Rutgers who knows this individual?
The doctorate should be reviewed.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I currently work at the Texas Regional Medical Center helping children with various mental disabilities.

That's funny.
You're not posting from Texas.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruins
You do know that many grammar programs are freely available on the Internet. If your going to live here and b1tch and m0an about evil America at least take the time to learn the language.

It’s that typical for uneducated people to try to Undermine others with such low and dirty blows.

What are you trying to prove that you are better American than me?

For you information from where your granddaddy and mommy came from, if you are not a native American, you are an immigrant also.

And by the way this the way your mother raised you to be prejudiced against others I applaud your wit and your lack of manners.

I bet you have not a clue where Puerto Rico is located in a map of the world.

Deny ignorance educate yourself About US territories and colonies.

I know my mistakes and I come back and they are fixable yours are your person and that will never be fixed.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I indeed will pray for the people of Iraq as it is clear the opposition is getting desperate. The ultimatum of death means that the opposition is not in contention and are in danger of losing their power all together. The true power is in the people
and that is Americas message and intent.

As for the doctors comments, I was debating even to respond. Arab dogs indeed. Sir. They are children of the universen as you and I. They have a right to be here as you and I. Their conditions are a result of struggle over decades if not centuries. And the Iraqis, like ourselves, are losing valuable men, women and children every day. Arab dogs indeed. You covet the title of doctor, yet your comments warrant the title of student. I wish not to flame you, but when it comes to praying for a greater good, perhaps I should pray for you too,

Have a nice day. Is there anyone from Rutgers who knows this individual?
The doctorate should be reviewed.

Why do I have to prove that I went to Rutgers University? You apparently have no respect for your elders or people with a higher level of education. Anyways, my posts speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why do I have to prove that I went to Rutgers University? You apparently have no respect for your elders or people with a higher level of education. Anyways, my posts speak for themselves.

Yes they do Herr DoKter

once again I invite you to step out of the closet and introduce yourself

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ill pray for the Iraqi's and our boys trying to make a difference there. I heard an Iraqi getting interviewed and asked if he was going to vote, he responded:

"Of course I will...what choice do we have, but to move forward"

Every vote cast is a nail in the coffin of the insurgents, imagine a Jordanian telling Iraqi's "if you vote, Im going to cut your childrens throats"
Yeah, thats really gonna win over the locals...

Well, alot of other Arab countries are watching this vote and if all goes well, this may be the spark that changes the Arab world.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It’s that typical for uneducated people to try to Undermine others with such low and dirty blows.

I’m college educated, how about you?

What are you trying to prove that you are better American than me?

Of course not. I do however try to throw in a positive comment, every now and then, about the country in which I live.

For you information from where your granddaddy and mommy came from, if you are not a native American, you are an immigrant also.

Well one side of my family is Cherokee so does that count.
the other side is a mix, so yes I'm part immigrant. Nothing wrong w/ it.

And by the way this the way your mother raised you to be prejudiced against others I applaud your wit and your lack of manners.

No prejudice here and yes I have manners. I will admit that sometimes, like now, I pick and choose when to use them though.
I’ve read (tried to read) more of your posts than I can remember and through all of them one thing stays consistent. America in your eyes can do NO right. Its your right to feel that way but if you think the states suck so bad then why stay.

I bet you have not a clue where Puerto Rico is located in a map of the world.

Lol, I think if pressed I could probably find it on a map.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Ruins]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruins
Of course not. I do however try to throw in a positive comment, every now and then, about the country in which I live.

I will only going to quote this one, one thing is to kiss up your politicians and think that you doing a great deed to your nation, and another one recognizing that our country is run by the wrong choices, and that the decisions they make are done in our names as American citizens is coming back to hurt us the American people.

I guess you most agree with the doctor here because I imagine that the reason of your attack is base to the answer I posted to him, so you feel like him about the Arabs and how he will like to in his all words.

(Urinate on them)

Beside that I see not other comment that may have brought up your personal attack. Unless you are following me around the boards reading everything I write, and chose this occasion for the attack.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The truth is we should never allow our own political, econimical or religious beliefs, whether or not they clash with another countries or not, to be the major determining factor in our military campaigns around the world.

The US Government attacked a sovereign nation, in an attempt to associate that nation as a whole, without any evidence, to a group of terrorist who attacked us. The fact is if the US stopped meddeling in other countries these groups would not exsist or would not have any grievances towards the US.

Was 9/11 an attrocious act? Yes.
Did it require the current war that we have declare upon a nation? No. The actions should be directed towards the group that perpitrated the attack. If they are unable to currently do that they should focus their efforts on better information and intelligence that will grant them that ability.

While Iraq was led by an evil man, there is no evidence that it had any involvement in the 9/11 attack.

Am I glad to see Suddam Hussien out of Iraq? Yes.
At the cost of the civilian and millitary lives we have lost? No.

What he did to his own people was horrible, but he did it to his own people. Without US involvment they would have eventually raised up as one nation and said "enough" and overthrew him. It is something that has happened countless times in history.

The US should recognize that we are not the police of the world. It is not our responsibility to convert every other single nation to our way of life. We should focus our vast efforts and money on our own nation first and foremost and let other countries focus on their country themselves.

I propose the following prayer:

Dear Lord Heavenly Father, We beseach you to place your blessings upon the innocent women and children who suffer daily under the oppression of having their fathers, husbands, sons and brothers away from home and hearth in a country far away being asked to meddle in the business of political squanderings over oil, without regard for the basic human rights of the citizens of that country. We acknowledge the fact that an evil man was dethroned from his politcal position but at too high a price than what you would ask us to pay and without an attack by him directly upon us. Grant us the ability to see the evil in those who would claim to act in your most holy name, for we know that even the devil himself has claimed to do things in your name. We ask that you work your devine hand in helping to return our wayward sons to us that we may rejoice together in your holy name. Grant our government the foresight to realize the attrocites they help to inflict on others and to work to correct them. Place in the hearts of the leaders of our country the desire for peace and not domination. Allow the healing power of unity to create a wave of peace throughout the middle east without interference from lieing, murdering fanatics on both sides. We ask that we, as one world of your children, different in race, color, religion, can see that we are all united in one great cause. Life. In your most holy and precious name we pray.

Amen.

Phae

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The truth is this whole election is a total farce.

The truth is that this election will do far more to harm the country of Iraq than to help.

The truth is any election done under the supervision of an Occupying Power is invalid.

The truth is that this election will serve to widen the differences between Sunnis, Shias and Kurds in a way that not even Saddam Hussein was able to achieve on his worst days.

Without the Sunni vote the parliament will be as unrepresentative of the nation as those fabricated Iraqi elections of old.

When it all goes to hell you can blame your current Administration for being the worst post-war planners of all time.

j

top topics

<<   2 >>

join