It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray for Iraq's vote.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrRobertCamp

Why do I have to prove that I went to Rutgers University? You apparently have no respect for your elders or people with a higher level of education. Anyways, my posts speak for themselves.

Your posts sure do speak for themselves...You just need a cute little catch phrase at the end of each one to really set it off.....Hmmmmm...what could that be?....Perhaps "Sig Heil!"? Ya, I think that about fits the bill.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

The truth is this whole election is a total farce.

The truth is that this election will do far more to harm the country of Iraq than to help.

The truth is any election done under the supervision of an Occupying Power is invalid.

The truth is that this election will serve to widen the differences between Sunnis, Shias and Kurds in a way that not even Saddam Hussein was able to achieve on his worst days.

Without the Sunni vote the parliament will be as unrepresentative of the nation as those fabricated Iraqi elections of old.

When it all goes to hell you can blame your current Administration for being the worst post-war planners of all time.

The truth is your country has nothing to do with it in the first place. Second the votes are valid, and third shut up. Speculation, has no merit Mr. Bones.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The truth is this whole election is a total farce.

Without the Sunni vote the parliament will be as unrepresentative of the nation as those fabricated Iraqi elections of old.

The truth is if the Sunnis choose to pout and sit on the sideline and not play with others, then they deserve to be left out in the cold.

The elections are valid, and, if early results are any indicator, will be very successful.

Good for the Iraqi people! They have not been intimidated!

D

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Ill pray for the Iraqi's and our boys trying to make a difference there. I heard an Iraqi getting interviewed and asked if he was going to vote, he responded:

"Of course I will...what choice do we have, but to move forward"

Every vote cast is a nail in the coffin of the insurgents, imagine a Jordanian telling Iraqi's "if you vote, Im going to cut your childrens throats"
Yeah, thats really gonna win over the locals...

Well, alot of other Arab countries are watching this vote and if all goes well, this may be the spark that changes the Arab world.

Maximu§

I think Maximus pretty much sums it all up there. I hope that the Iraqi's will vote for a change for the better and to tell the insurgents to bugger off.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Ill pray for the Iraqi's and our boys trying to make a difference there. I heard an Iraqi getting interviewed and asked if he was going to vote, he responded:

"Of course I will...what choice do we have, but to move forward"

Every vote cast is a nail in the coffin of the insurgents, imagine a Jordanian telling Iraqi's "if you vote, Im going to cut your childrens throats"
Yeah, thats really gonna win over the locals...

Well, alot of other Arab countries are watching this vote and if all goes well, this may be the spark that changes the Arab world.

Maximu§

I think Maximus pretty much sums it all up there. I hope that the Iraqi's will vote for a change for the better and to tell the insurgents to bugger off.

Hey, Looks who's back! LOL Don't know. Signature on bottom
Yeah I do agree D, Maxiums statement and I could not add to it. Good reply Maxiums and I love your signature..............LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
To all of those who had it in their hearts to bow their heads for just a moment. Everyone here debates whether or not miracles can happen, but for me this was nothing short of miraculous! I'd rather this than winning the lottery any day. One person getting rich is nothing. Thousands of people who have a voice and the opportunity to live in peace, now that is more precious than all the world's gold.

Hopefully our armed services people can pack up the guns and come home too.

Much appreciated HIFIGUY, LA_Maximus, and Phaethor for your supportive words.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
saint4God:

THANK YOU!!!

To all of those who had it in their hearts to bow their heads for just a moment. Everyone here debates whether or not miracles can happen, but for me this was nothing short of miraculous! I'd rather this than winning the lottery any day. One person getting rich is nothing. Thousands of people who have a voice and the opportunity to live in peace, now that is more precious than all the world's gold.

Um, don't get me wrong, but you're totally off the deep end. Wildly enthusiastic about something that JUST started.

Voting is the FIRST and EASIEST step in starting a democracy. Once the actual government gets moving, THAT'S the true test.

Here's Webster's definition of FREEDOM, I highlighted the relevant part

7 entries found for freedom.
To select an entry, click on it.
freedomacademic freedomdegree of freedomfreedom of the seasfreedom rideMedal of Freedomfreedom fighter

Main Entry: free·dom
Pronunciation: 'frE-d&m
Function: noun

1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another : INDEPENDENCE c : the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous d : EASE, FACILITY e : the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken f : improper familiarity g : boldness of conception or execution h : unrestricted use

2 a : a political right b : FRANCHISE, PRIVILEGE
synonyms FREEDOM, LIBERTY, LICENSE mean the power or condition of acting without compulsion. FREEDOM has a broad range of application from total absence of restraint to merely a sense of not being unduly hampered or frustrated . LIBERTY suggests release from former restraint or compulsion . LICENSE implies freedom specially granted or conceded and may connote an abuse of freedom .

Iraqis are not suddenly, magically free now that they have voted. For as long as the US military illegally occupies their country, they are not free.

One election does not make this Illegal, Immoral and Unneccesary invasion suddenly valid. There are still TONS and TONS of things to do, suicide bombers will continue their reigns of terror.

This is a tiny first step, and if you believe everything your lying government tells you you are in trouble.

www.guardian.co.uk...

jako

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There are still TONS and TONS of things to do, suicide bombers will continue their reigns of terror.

*nods* One day at a time.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
There are lives at stake and a whole future that could be disrupted by those wishing interfere with the freedom to elect officials of their own country. Please don't allow our efforts there to be in vain. Pray for peace, pray for the safety of our troops, pray for the protection of people of Iraq who want to end the fighting by using their voice, pray for the enemy who wants nothing more than death and destruction to turn and see the err in their actions. The election isn't over until their new leader is in office.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by saint4God]

What does prayer have to do with it? Hope yes, pray no. Religion has no place in government. Government is about real, tangible things. Not some idea or intangible belief based on stories and ancient books.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hope is praying in life, its like saying I think God should be 2nd to the governments of the world. Hope is based on God, not men. I will pray for hope!

Mr..PolarBearExpress...........

Thanks who supported our troops.! God bless ya!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I remember the news being engrossed with the notion that Iraq would plummet into civil war. I'm glad to see this hasn't happened. The elections continued and the government is seeming to 'stick'. They're so confident in their ability to lead that they seem to be giving us the okay to start reducing our presence there. I think this is good news, but naturally good news is not something you hear on the evening news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join