It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left fails

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I watched this short video and loved his explanation of why innocent until proven guilty works better than guilty until proven innocent as well as the difference between the left and rights definition of empathy. He is not the best orator I have ever seen but his message is spot on.

less than 12 minutes long but worth the watch in my opinion.

Stefan Molyneux
freedomainradio.com
Stefan Basil Molyneux is an Irish-born Canadian blogger/vlogger. Molyneux usually speaks on topics including anarcho-capitalism, atheism, politics, secular ethics, right-libertarianism, cryptocurrencies, and familial relationships.More at Wikipedia
Born:Stefan Basil Molyneux, September 24, 1966, Athlone, Ireland
Nationality:Canadian
Alma mater:B.A, McGill University, M.A, University of Toronto

P.S. mods if this is the wrong category please move. I believe it describes a lot of the political madness we see today.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Is he suggesting that the left goes by the "guilty until proven innocent" concept and the Right doesn't???

Sorry, can't watch it right now to find out myself.....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Is he suggesting that the left goes by the "guilty until proven innocent" concept and the Right doesn't???

Sorry, can't watch it right now to find out myself.....

no the failure is in the second half of the vid on empathy. Left thinks allowing everyone to live on government take is being empathetic. It is just a way to buy votes as we have seen in our most recent election.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Saying they want everyone living off the government I think is a bit exaggerated. Although whether or not it's empathy at all I have my doubts about too.

I don't see how anyone on the Right is being any more empathetic though either by removing everything to do with Unions and Worker Protections, Regulations, Social Safety Nets, etc.

They seem to think everyone on welfare is just a lazy POS. They think any woman needing an abortion is just a slut and murderer of children who needs more prayer meetings.

Neither side has it down perfect or anything. But while one side may be giving in the wrong ways the other gives nothing but a cold shoulder.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

They seem to think everyone on welfare is just a lazy POS.

Not everyone but young healthy individuals who are very capable of working. YES

They think any woman needing an abortion is just a slut and murderer of children who needs more prayer meetings.

I think if it had not gotten to the point where abortion is being used as birth control this would not be such a big issue.

Neither side has it down perfect or anything.

Absolutely agreed but I believe it is far better to provide jobs than food stamps.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Well yeah of course. But that isn't always the case. When it is, people on the left don't like that either.

I think if it had not gotten to the point where abortion is being used as birth control this would not be such a big issue.

Right. But again your looking at it from only the worst possible examples. Most women aren't using it to that extreme either. It shouldn't come down to removing that choice for others either. People abuse many things but we shouldn't be removing that for those who don't.

Absolutely agreed but I believe it is far better to provide jobs than food stamps.

Of course it is. But that isn't always possible. With a growing population and modernization that's not always possible.

Overall we agree with each other which is a good thing. It shows both of us are viewing it reasonably. We're both looking for a better middle ground in all these issues. It's not that one side has it right over the other. They're just going toward a mutual middle from different directions. I think we need compromise more than we need either one side or the other.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

They seem to think everyone on welfare is just a lazy POS.

They think any woman needing an abortion is just a slut and murderer of children who needs more prayer meetings.

Neither side has it down perfect or anything.

THIS. This is a part of the problem - looking at a problem and only seeing two sides of a coin, when there are so many, many more details to see. I don't know about the necessary prelims you have to have in the USA to get food stamps, but what about being a person in bad luck who even tries to come through but still does not make enough money in the end?
What about a single mother having a job, making not enough money - why not give her food stamps, too?

Why should that be a problem, weighing every single person in need for his/her specific problems leading to him/her needing food stamps - instead of dividing people in two (JUST TWO!) separate categories:
"should have a job" vs. "is a useless waste of human matter".

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Overall we agree with each other which is a good thing. It shows both of us are viewing it reasonably. We're both looking for a better middle ground in all these issues. It's not that one side has it right over the other. They're just going toward a mutual middle from different directions. I think we need compromise more than we need either one side or the other.

True but I am a bit biased having lived in the inner city for a very long time. I have always chosen to do for myself while watching those around me collecting government money and spending as little as possible to live and the rest went to drugs and alcohol. I had the need to get government help once and they provided job training skills. I was the only one out of 30+ people in my class who took it seriously. the rest were just there because their only other choice was to get a job. It is sad actually at the number who abuse the system every day. It is those that I refer to not single mothers struggling to survive. Have also seen a lot of abuse of abortion.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

What about a single mother having a job, making not enough money - why not give her food stamps, too.

Therein lies the problem. With so many collecting government money as a way of life the people who truly need it have a difficult time getting it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Funny, the left thinks that too. As long as there are jobs available.

Abortion rates have been decreasing for the last 40 years, thanks to the expanded sex education programs and more easily accessible contraceptives pushed by the left.

If the right hadn't caused one of the biggest recessions ever in 2008, maybe there would have been more jobs.

See, there is more than one way of looking at things.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

What about a single mother having a job, making not enough money - why not give her food stamps, too.

Therein lies the problem. With so many collecting government money as a way of life the people who truly need it have a difficult time getting it.

Why is a working single mother who isn't earning enough money to live on not truly needing government help?

The real problems lie with low wages, mainly due to so much power being taken away from unions. That coupled with the increased cost of living.

It's stupid imo to expect any person who lives alone to be able to afford to live on minimum wage without some sort of help. And since it's not their own fault that capitalism doesn't work, these people deserve all the help they get.

I doubt you've ever been in a situation where you work full time and still can't afford to pay the bills so It's best not to criticise things that you've never experienced.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Saying they want everyone living off the government I think is a bit exaggerated. Although whether or not it's empathy at all I have my doubts about too.

A bit but not by much

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 03 Jan 2017 07:33:04 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The left fails, because they drive with their rearview mirrors, and wonder why they end up in the ditch every 100 yards. Losers...focused on losing.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interesting video speaking to the ideas of the left.
Very interesting guy - Jordan Peterson
Many of you hate left ideology so this will be like icing to you.
I actually agreed with many things he had to say.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its not that "they" want to live off the government. It is obvious, however, that humans will most often tend towards entropy. If not made to move, many humans will choose to not move. Its actually a trait shared throughout the animal kingdom. Energy ain't cheap. Unless you're a human, anyway. Or one of our pets.

If you provide an option whereby a human can subside without work, many will choose that. But not all.

I think the most empathetic thing you can do is have someone engage to their highest degree with the life they are given to live. This is compassion. Eagles love to soar. And we are meant to fly.

To isolate people into ghetto's, stifle opportunity, then throw subsistence living at them is a tyranny, its not compassion. Compassion isn't giving a man a fish, its teaching him how to fish, then showing him where the lake is. It absolutely is not creating areas of highly concentrated felons then expecting productive families to be produced in this environment.

Liberal ideas may not even be needed were we not to force low income families into ghettos. If people lived in diverse environments where there were opportunities outside drug dealing, maybe we'd see less of the traits of miserable people, and more traits of rewarded and happy people?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The left fails because they often do things based on emotion. In addition, they aren't very good at thinking through logical conclusions and unintended consequences of their interventionist policies. Finally, for many leftists, it isn't the results of said policies that matter, but the act of showing compassion. In other words, they are more concerned with appearances instead of measurable results.

A leftist will laud the increase in food stamp usage or usage of other government dependency programs as a positive result while conservatives generally see the same result as a failure.

I describe the difference like this... a conservative and liberal are walking down the street and come upon a homeless man. The conservative says to the homeless guy, here is a job application. Come see me, I have some work you can do and I will pay you. The liberal proceeds to reach into the conservative's pocket and take $50 dollars from the conservative's wallet. He then gives the money to the homeless guy while berating the conservative for not being more compassionate about the homeless problem.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Where are all these jobs from conservatives???

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Is he suggesting that the left goes by the "guilty until proven innocent

That's a FACT.

Just ask Russia.

Just ask Bankers.

Just ask CEOS.

Just ask corporations.

Just ask GUN OWNERS

Over 100 years of REGULATION to keep them people in their place.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Edumakated

Where are all these jobs from conservatives???

im working in one, myself. My boss claims he is "a proud capitalist pig". I share his assessment.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There sure are a lot of people who would sure like all these jobs that are supposedly being offered by all these conservatives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join