It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left fails

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You're talking about one small part of the country. What about liberals in Portland, OR? Chicago? California?

I wonder how much the agents in New York call centers got abuse from other parts of the country for having their specific accents? I wonder if they got called "Guido" and asked about their mafia family members?

Let's face it - there are mean people on both sides of the aisle who make all kinds of wrong assumptions and accusations about and towards the other side.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Let's face it - there are mean people on both sides of the aisle who make all kinds of wrong assumptions and accusations about and towards the other side.

As someone who has spent a few years on the front lines of dealing with the public...in a southern conservative area...yeah, jackassery knows no political bounds. People can be horrible, especially when they think they can get away with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Im sharing events that have shaped my own personal opnion (and biases). Im not speaking in the macro.....im sharing my own experiences.

Have I dealt with jerks elsewhere? Sure. I lived in Wyoming for a year. No one there wants to get to know anyone (many are there hiding out from various LEO agencies). Not much friendly behavior there, either.

But i've never dealt with it on a scale of hundreds of occurances a day outside of our call center support for TWC of NYC. My other call center experiences relates to an additional decade of management with AOL, T-Mobile (english and spanish), and AT&T (spanish only). The TWC of NYC experience reigns supreme.

Side note: my year in Wyoming had me reopning a closed call center in Laramie. The experience with customers while managing a call center in Wyoming was night and day. It was all the accent.

Maybe my experiences only relate to me. Or maybe its part of what Bourdain is talking about. Im just sharing my own experiences within the context of his interview.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I used to have a lady working for me from Rhode Island (side note: she was there the night Great White set the stage on fire). She is a self described "bleeding heart liberal". Her and I keep in touch, mostly on FB (believe it or not, I share the torch on many liberal issues, and find common ground with almost anyone). She posted this a couple of weeks ago, with the comment: "This is an excellent read...and from the eyes of this "outsider" now living in rural America, it is spot on and accurately describes the majority of the population in West TX...not all thankfully, but as the author mentions "change is infrequent" here. Unless one leaves the bubble or it is forcibly popped, the same patterns and belief systems continue generation after generation."

She is right. I can't argue with her one bit, and its part of the charm that many of us like out here. But the article linked says stuff like:

www.alternet.org...

The problem is that rural America doesn’t understand itself and will never listen to anyone outside its bubble.

Their refusal is a result of the nature of their fundamentalist belief system and the fact that I’m the enemy because I’m an educated liberal

This is just so condescending. So us poor country folk are too stupid to even identify the problems that plague us. And have no chance to function normally when faced with someone who's been college educated.

I, personally, find that fairly distasteful. It undermines the value of trade work, as well as diminishes me personally as I do work usually reserved for people who have a degree. Statements like this are what make me feel that there is an "us" and a "them". Its not their overuse of hair spray in 100 degree heat. Or how amused they are at the more mundane and quaint cultural traits we have. It all boils down to an openly conveyed sense of superiority.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

So for 7 years you were unemployed. So for 7 years you were getting help from somewhere. I can safely assume this because no one gets by in this world with no money.

But now you're criticising others who might need the same help that you needed in the past? Oh the hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would agree with him to some extent, but it definitely goes both ways. I've been called a "libtard" more times then I can count over the years. I've also been called a nut, an idiot, crazy, stupid and putrid- all because of my liberal views. I've been accused of having a "liberal diseased mind" and of trying to steal everyone's guns away (no such thing). I've been called a "baby murderer", even though I've never personally had an abortion, but am pro-choice. I've been called lazy and accused of wanting a bunch of free stuff from the government, just because I am a liberal. We won't even go into the "snowflake" and SJW issue.

Yeah cry me a river. Not just a few days ago you called me a idiot. i seen you throwing similar insults to other members or throw in any creative version of "trump supporter" bigot, sexist, homophobe you name it. You dont get to sit there and write a tear jerker like that and not get laughed at by anyone.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 04 Jan 2017 20:18:44 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Too much debt. To feed millions of unemployed poor people, the government must double debt after about 8 years. That's how USSR collapsed.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Too much debt. To feed millions of unemployed poor people, the government must double debt after about 8 years. That's how USSR collapsed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join