It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How's about a global bill of rights ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thudpuddy
An idea I've been kicking around for a while now is what if we (America) proposed a very basic bill of rights for the world; and then actually tried to enforce it? Oh I what many of the naysayers will say, but I'm mostly talking about our economic might (which is still pretty colossal) as enforcement and only military force as a last resort. Very simple rules that most civilized folks can agree upon.
For a first one how about don't murder? Who defines it? Us. Things like no killing for fun, or because they have what you want and they don't wanna give it up or because they don't pray the way you prefer. And then women and children are not chattel property to be bought sold and traded according to your whim. So I guess I'm saying no slavery. And comes my pet peeve, no torture. I believe sexual mutilation belongs here . In a lot of north Africa this means clamping on to a young girls sex organ with a pair of plyers , dragging it out and slicing it off with a razor. This is supposed to make her less likely to stray later in life. That's it for me, I wanted to keep this simple plus I'm old ,cranky and tired. And if someone would explain to me how to make paragraphs I would be in your debt, I have no idea how I did it up above.

Try enforcing it in Chicago first.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OP It would be a catastropically horrible idea.

Global Rights? Ain't happening. Saudi Arabia wouldn't abide by them anyways now would they.

Trying to push something this dense, would be akin to enforcing everyone on earth to sing Kumbaya in sync.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah, we seem to do a lot of things we'd never accept in return. I can't think of any powerful organization anywhere who doesn't on some level live by the rule of "Do what I say, not as I do."

"Powerful organization"?!?!
I cannot think of anyone past puberty who is not a hypocrite!

So, are you a hypocrite, or pre-pubescent?

edit on 3/1/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yeah, we seem to do a lot of things we'd never accept in return. I can't think of any powerful organization anywhere who doesn't on some level live by the rule of "Do what I say, not as I do."

Depends on Perspective, and when you catch me!
Yes! *__-

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thudpuddy

Simple; extend the Bill of Rights of 1668 to all countries by just recognizing it as the basis of their laws. Chuck in a few items from the declaration of human rights as per the 1970's and not crap from the 1990's whenever .

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Who's gonna enforce it?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

And if someone would explain to me how to make paragraphs I would be in your debt, I have no idea how I did it up above.

The "enter" key will take you to the next line. There should be two "enter" keys; one to the right of the letter keyboard and above the "shift" key, and one on the numerical keypad. It usually has a backward arrow under "enter." Hit it twice to leave a space between paragraphs.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Very simply put, the basic human rights are known as natural rights. We all have them--it's the governments under which humans live that decide which ones to limit or take away.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Yes! *__-

I'm a curmudgeon, pretty much all the time, but it takes great skill and concentration.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes! *__-

I'm a curmudgeon, pretty much all the time, but it takes great skill and concentration.

I do appreciate the Perspective, but where there exists one Perspective, there also exists it's opposite!
What appears to one Perspective as curmudgeonly (what a beautiful word!) is guaranteed to appear to another as gentle and sweet!
It doesn't matter whether or not you, poisonally, see all Perspectives, We (Single unchanging ALL inclusive Universal Consciousness...) Do!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join