It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

I don't know what's worse, the lies, or their incompetence in telling them.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So this is my conclusion then.

*IF* what they claim is true and Russia hacked them ...

*IF* the hack origination address was internal, not external ...

Then it simply goes to show you how shoddy our own internal security is and our government got caught with their pants down. They have known about this issue for years ... not weeks. Russia and other foreign entities have been causing our government headaches for a long time. The White House systems were crashed prior to the last election and it was hushed up to prevent Obama and his people from looking bad prior to the vote.

If they knew about it back then, and they did, how could they not when they knew the system was taken down and they knew who did it, then this is only a problem now because they can use it to score political points.

The big picture here is that THEY DON'T CARE about the security. THEY DON'T. They only care inasmuch as it provides them with political points they can score.

And now, Obama has kicked out all Russian diplos. Does he want to start THAT war before he has to leave office? Do we want him to?

Think long and carefully about this those of you who lean left. Is trying to deny the other party worth WWIII?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Refreshing to know we spend so much money on DHS but they won't say their work is even valid. I suppose they know it isn't. Good job.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

"as-is "..."does not provide any warranties" I'm not buying anything with that type of disclaimer.. Especially not war.

Scorched Earth policy. The current administration is going to start a war to cover and bury as much as they can before Trump takes office and sees what's really been going on.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

My daughter lies better than the government... She's 7.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow - so this is the proof? There is absolutely no evidence at all contained in this document that the Kremiln hacked the emails eventually released by wikileaks. None at all.
I am stunned that an off the shelf document like this - that any cyber security software company could produce in 5 minutes - could be positioned as evidence of the claims made.

What we have is a statement of the bleeding obvious - that Russian operatives spy on other countries (including the US). I can't imagine it has ever been any different, and the report is sorely lacking in historical information or threat levels, or the threats from other nations for context. China anyone?

Seriously, if this is the evidence, then the issue is put to bed. Nothing unusual happened at all. The only thing that is noteworthy is that John Podesta is an idiot and got caught by a simple phishing attack.

One thing is for sure, once this report is read by foreign govts, there will be a lot of laughter and incredulity at how primitive the US intelligence services are. In fact, that fat teenager Trump was talking about will be laughing too.
edit on 29/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I just read through the report. It is server administration 101. There is nothing new here.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
I just read through the report. It is server administration 101. There is nothing new here.

Exactly, it is a bunch of accusations followed by a set of recommendations a 5 year old could find online.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
U.S. evicts Russians for spying, imposes sanctions after election hacks

And not just a few short weeks ago they were saying how 'wrong' it was to kick people out of this country.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
U.S. evicts Russians for spying, imposes sanctions after election hacks

And not just a few short weeks ago they were saying how 'wrong' it was to kick people out of this country.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Perhaps if a Russian has committed a terrorist act and killed Americans, other Russians would be more welcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Not only that, but look at the language of the disclaimer itself...

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within DHS."

Notice it doesn't qualify just this instance or report, but says it provides no warranty of anything at all...ever. In other words, they're full of s# and anything they say now, and forever more, can be complete and utter BS.

I honestly expected nothing less from DHS!!!!

edit on 12/29/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Not only that, but look at the language of the disclaimer itself...

"The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within DHS."

Notice it doesn't qualify just this instance or report, but says it provides no warranty of anything at all...ever. In other words, they're full of s# and anything they say now, and forever more, can be complete and utter BS.

I honestly expected nothing more from DHS!!!!

This seems like somewhat of a desperate Hail Mary to provide 'evidence' after blatant political propaganda.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So this report is garbage? Phew. I was getting worried for a bit there.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As long as there has been the Interweb's I've read reports about Russia, China, Israel and so on perpetually hacking the US. Why all of the sudden AHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIVES is a real mind boggler. Every new article they write with hair afire it all gets a little bit funnier. What is the upper limit on this thing???

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Anybody think Mossad did it ?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
Democrats believe in open borders. They don't care about Mexicans voting in the US election. They should not care about foreign intelligence agencies hacking Democrats.

Gawl! You're not supposed to put things into perspective that's cheating! It's just supposed to be double-standards all the time, like with women of the sinister self-centered lying cheating variety.
edit on 29-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
As long as there has been the Interweb's I've read reports about Russia, China, Israel and so on perpetually hacking the US. Why all of the sudden AHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIVES is a real mind boggler. Every new article they write with hair afire it all gets a little bit funnier. What is the upper limit on this thing???

It's been obvious for a long time that the current narrative is being played out solely because the people in power lost. Bigly.

edit on 29/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sky News just announced the US is expelling 35 Russian diplomats. This is getting silly.

Link

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: UKTruth

Sky News just announced the US is expelling 35 Russian diplomats. This is getting silly.

Link

Yeah that's been reported on US television for a few hrs... Obama seems to be burning the house down before he leaves.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
So this report is garbage? Phew. I was getting worried for a bit there.

That's an understatement.

O's just perpetuating a false flag because he and his party are sore losers.

Enter the manufactured villain.

Russia.

Among the EPIC FAILS of the last eight years we can add cyber security.
edit on 29-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join