It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a growing trend being born, and it's freaky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
Reborn babies!

This must be one of the most bizarre human behaviors I have ever seen... and I have seen some crazy stuff! It's planet Earth, the freakshow is everywhere!...

Seriously, is this any different than people treating their animal slaves as 'children'?
Actually, I'd rather see these folks enslave bits of hair and plastic than living creatures!
Not everyone needs to breed!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: Shuye

what is the need for adult women to have fake babies?

Well, try and look at it from a positive point of view. Ladies and Gents can use them for a Trial Run, and see if it really is something they want in their lives before taking the real plunge. That in of itself would probably prevent many unwanted pregnancies and the drama and chaos that follows...

I agree this is a good use for them but, as the OP points out, a lot of people buying them aren't in that position. I see these things for sale a lot on local selling sites and have seem them at car boot sales too. I've often thought of buying.one and making it demonic looking bit that's foe another thread (if I ever do that).

People are collecting these and having a whole 'family' of reborn babies and treating them like they're real, it's a bit disturbing.

Why is this in Skunk Works?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm going to just assume this is a southern thing and not try to pick it apart very much but... I honestly have to say that I'd rather hold a kitten any day.

Never assume, it makes an ASS of U and ME!

There are other nationalities on this site than Americans you know, read my example, it's from Scotland. You won't find that on your world map of America, especially in the south...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archonic
What part of the world's this rubbish going on in again?

I could be wrong but I think this is a Western thing. Mostly the U.K and U.S I think. I know my ex has a friend who collects them here in Scotland.

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

This is what I refer to as " BAT SHAT CRAZY".

Unrelated to the OP, I know, but how does this get past the censors? Shat is the past tense of sh!t as in "the cat shat on the mat"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just for the record. I understand the therapeutic use for these dolls, I'm fine with that, I understand the need for these. It's those that haven't been through the trauma that those whom the dolls were invented for have, yet still treat these dolls as real live kids (with individual personalities) that creep me out...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm going to just assume this is a southern thing and not try to pick it apart very much but... I honestly have to say that I'd rather hold a kitten any day

The only adults I've seen here with dolls are demented old ladies. More likely a New York or California sort of hobby.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Shat is not the past tense of #.......that would be I have taken a #. Which I also don't understand cause it should be GIVE a shat rather than take. But it's the English language & we all have rightly f'd it up.a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
a reply to: Shuye

The obvious things are:

1) the person has been infantilized
2) they're crazy
3) they're very immature
4) they're trapped in an unhealthy fantasy life

From my personal experience, I would pick #4.

There are 2 aspects to the reborn baby dolls. The first side is of the artist who has chosen to use these vinyl baby dolls as their canvas for their art to create a doll that is a beautiful and realistic as possible. I have seen some of the tutorials in magazines for creating these dolls, and there is a great deal of technical know how involved. The artists take great pride in their work, and a good many of them sell that work on a forum such as Ebay.

And then there are the buyers of their work. I have heard of buyers who run the range from older ladies with grown children who just want a cute little permanent baby in their collection, on up to the extreme collectors who build a whole fantasy world around these vinyl dolls.

Personally, I spent 10 years doing a corollary to Reborning, fashion doll makeovers, and customized Barbies and other fashion dolls. I repainted faces, rerooted hair, posed hands & limbs, sewed clothing, created jewelry, so on and so forth. I enjoyed makeovers because it required all my creative skills and made me learn new ones, as well. Enjoyed it until i had a lady commission vampire doll after vampire doll after vampire doll. She must have had an entire town of vampire dolls, and eventually the darkness of what she wanted began to affect me as well, so I had to stop taking commissions from her.

I honestly believe that behind every collector is a bit of an obsessive, and yes, I speak from experience. Most collectors are perfectly normal and keep the obsession at a healthy level, live normal lives, and just have a cool collection of whatever they may collect. But there are those few who take the obsession to an UNhealthy level, and the ladies in the videos at the beginning of this thread are perfect examples.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join