It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a growing trend being born, and it's freaky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: Abysha

The fact that you even had this idea makes me wonder a bit about you.

The fact that I have a very clear mental picture of this and I am oddly intrigued...

*closes door in subconscious

Are you telling me this wouldn't be the most perfect thing to send to the in-laws? It beats the Trump Chia pet I gave mine.

That would be some viral # right there. Although it would probably kill my in-laws But still...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Although it would probably kill my in-laws.

This is a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
...but I really and honestly can understand marrying a GOAT more than a doll. I could have more sympathy for the living.

If it's stump broke, it's ready to make beautiful caprid love.

eta: I had a friend who was selling some mannequins the other day, the guy that bought them asked if they had adoption papers. Now it makes more sense.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think I prefer to see people with fake babies.

When they have real one's they usually **** them up so bad they grow up to be totally dysfunctional and stupid.

You know who you are.....you reap what you sow Galatians 6:7
edit on 29-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wonder if they fake post partum too. What part of the world's this rubbish going on in again?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Although it would probably kill my in-laws.

This is a bad thing?

Depends on the day.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

The obvious things are:
1) Can play mommy without the risks involved in the nine months.
2) Baby is a doll, what you do with it or to it won't land you in jail.
3) When you get tired of it, you can put it in the attic/basement/closet, sell it or trash it.
4) No daddy showing up demanding rights.
5) All the above plus not chained to a child for 18 years or so.

But, thinking about it, they get away with most of that with real babies and get government benefits and support.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Reminds me of the wild, but okay movie, "The Boy".

He was a bit dysfunctional, even as a doll.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I could see some guy carrying a Chucky doll around ta scare the other dolls. haha

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

The obvious things are:

1) the person has been infantilized
2) they're crazy
3) they're very immature
4) they're trapped in an unhealthy fantasy life

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is what I refer to as " BAT SHAT CRAZY". There's some real serious mental defects going on here......I mean come the hell on!! Adopt a damn dog, something that will really take a crap on the carpet.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

The obvious things are:

1) the person has been infantilized
2) they're crazy
3) they're very immature
4) they're trapped in an unhealthy fantasy life

One thing for sure is this behavior does not derive from a healthy thinking.

My guess is all 4.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No child support order, no broken family's. I'm actually ok with this.... for now anyway. As soon as I see a court defending fake mommy rights, then I will vomit.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Lets ask Wilson what he thinks.

Awesome, just Awesome.

Oh, my opinion on this is that they are all:

edit on 29-12-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Technically this isn't all that different than someone forming an emotional bond with a rock. I see it as mental illness. They're treating non-living inanimate objects as real and deriving emotions and feelings from them.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I guess you could call it a growing trend...if it's been growing since the late 1930's. Reborning is an art form and the artists are amazing. Sometimes, therapists will use reborn dolls as a comfort measure for people who are grieving the loss of an infant...it's not just a bunch of unhinged grown women sitting around with fake babies.

There may be some that actually play with them, but usually reborns are collector's items. They're pricy, too. My mom has some that are worth thousands of dollars. Wealthy parents were fond of them when they first became popular, because they could buy a doll for their kids that looked like them in just about every way.

I personally think dolls are creepy and I'd never have one in my house. But I know people who collect dolls, including my mother, who has all kinds of dolls from all around the world. It's just a hobby like anything else. Not my bag, but hey...I'm sure I've got interests that other people would find strange, too.

You must be unfamiliar with the Cabbage Patch craze if you think the adoption thing is weird. Now those were some ugly, bizarre looking creatures. And they came with an adoption form that you actually sent off and received a certificate of adoption. People went nuts over those things. They even made "preemies". Creepy.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Seems like all the babies are ostensibly normal too, just like a doll's house...it's not always like that is it? So sad.
Adopt a doll!
edit on 29-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think it's odd, yes.....creepy? No.

It's probably quite therapeutic for some people, who for whatever reason can't have babies, or are maybe coming to terms with the loss of a child/baby, or a miscarriage etc..

In a world where we are starting to see all kinds of weird gender related issues and what not, it probably ranks low down in the odd department.

I say good on them, if it makes them happy, then so be it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Don't forget, Japan introduced the holographic virtual girlfriend,

Robot Girlfriend

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I first encountered these things a few years ago on a for sale page on FB. The advert was weird, and read like it was written by a seriously unhinged person. The comments on the advert became a #storm of people accusing the seller of being a peado assuming that the dolls were sex toys...

Someone else piped up and explained that they are given to grieving mothers, ok, it still doesnt change the fact that the advert was written by someone with obvious mental health issues--so, treat the trauma, not mask it and send the patient into a world of their own delusion.

PTSD (and other trauma) is shown to create false memories, if they are given this replacement and become so attached to it, it could be thee case that they will forget that their child ever died and will have the delusion that these things are the actual flesh-and-blood child of theirs.

As for the men who marry real dolls: Its probably best they remove themselves from the gene pool.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join