It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build A House In 1 Day!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Don't burn your Union card yet. This thing will never build to the UBC. There's always paying off the building inspector, but he doesn't want to be automated out of bizness either.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It is great to see everybody worried about retaining their inflated "union wages" instead of sheltering the poor people of the world. GOD FORBID THAT SOMEBODY GETS HOUSING WITHOUT YOU UNION WORKERS GETTING YOUR EVERY LAST UNION DIME OUT OF IT!!!!
Shame on all of you!! There are plenty of building methods that would allow more of the poor to achieve their goals of shelter, but people who think like you do will ensure that it never happens. Cob building is one viable and cheap method for homebuilders who build themselves, but building inspectors rarely allow it in the United States. Another method is where you have a bobbin resembling the outside structure of a house mounted on a revolving spindle. Hemp rope is fed onto the form as it is rotated. Then a resin is sprayed on the hemp and it hardens, then the windows and door are cut into it. Instant cheap housing. But it will not come to pass because not enough people can pad their bank accounts with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Another method is where you have a bobbin resembling the outside structure of a house mounted on a revolving spindle. Hemp rope is fed onto the form as it is rotated. Then a resin is sprayed on the hemp and it hardens, then the windows and door are cut into it. Instant cheap housing. But it will not come to pass because not enough people can pad their bank accounts with it.

Really? Does this meet the fire code rating, because if it doesn't it will never happen. How do you insulate a hemp resin wall? Maybe this is why we don't use it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ben91069 this technology was proposed almost 40 years ago. Now some people are building houses out of BALES OF STRAW. Let's not forget that most houses are made out of
ORDINARY WOOD
, which is very flammable. I am not privelige to what is in the hardening agent used on the rope, but I am almost sure that it would, or could include fire retardants.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ben91069 this technology was proposed almost 40 years ago. Now some people are building houses out of BALES OF STRAW. Let's not forget that most houses are made out of
ORDINARY WOOD
, which is very flammable. I am not privelige to what is in the hardening agent used on the rope, but I am almost sure that it would, or could include fire retardants.

The fire code does not say that things can't burn, only the rate of flames spreading. They just don't want houses to go up like a match so people have more time to get out and it does spread so quickly to get out of hand. I am not sure that a straw bale house would meet the code unless it had been treated with a retardent

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It is great to see everybody worried about retaining their inflated "union wages" instead of sheltering the poor people of the world. GOD FORBID THAT SOMEBODY GETS HOUSING WITHOUT YOU UNION WORKERS GETTING YOUR EVERY LAST UNION DIME OUT OF IT!!!!
Shame on all of you!!

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. The only reason "union wages" seem inflated, are that many non union jobs pay at or below the poverty level. What good does it do to have a house when you can't feed your children.

If it wasn't for the unions you have so much disdain for, we would all probably have to work 60-80 hours a week just to get by. As it is many people have two or three jobs and are just one major illness away from bankruptcy.

There are problems within many unions, but your scorn should be reserved for employers. The top executives get raises while the people who actually do the work get layed off.

And I'm sorry but I fail to see how someone who works hard for a living deserves a house less than "poor people of the world". If you really believe that maybe you should stop eating and send it to people who deserve it more than you do, cause they can't afford a computer or internet access, or even food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join