It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Obama, 10.7 Million More Use Food Stamps—A 32 Percent Jump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
a reply to: xuenchen

You know possibly... just possibly... there are millions of people who just turned 18 that cannot find a place of work. With the population exploding and the job market remaining stagnant it's a no brainer why this is happening.

There are more people leaving the workforce and retiring than there are people entering the workforce.

So you're incorrect.

Work Force Participation

link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well, many Trump supporters do see him as their messiah.
You're allowed to protest that claim but we have seen it
and if I was allowed to i would link you to thread after thread
of him being praised as the first light.

Obama has fracked up stuff a lot.
Fracking up wasn't my point.

The whole man god thing was.

link   
I admit that the US Economy looks good right now. Obama had to spend 9 trillion in debt to make it "look" good. It is not. Someone, someday, got to pay.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: tridalop
So this is why US national debt doubled over 8 years. Too much welfare.

More people on welfare is a reflection of how many are unemployed, not, "too much welfare".

Maybe... Some cuts were made recently to a union department at my facility. People that were affected were given the choice to "bump" and take the position of those with lesser seniority. Guess what, though plenty of jobs were available, many took the "opportunity" to file for unemployment.

I understand certain life choices may have contributed to that decision, such as shift times, work routines, etc... but just today actually, I heard many that could have continued employment without a hitch chose not to.

Bums!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Under Obama, 10.7 Million More Use Food Stamps—A 32 Percent Jump

Woohoo!

Lets give it up for corporate welfare.

JP Morgan and Mosanto are laughing all the way to the bank.

Step right up and get your 'free' gmo food!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

They are getting ready to dismantle everything he did.

Turn about is fair play since O undid everything GW did.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Just 32% ???
I want a recount !!!

No. The number is probably about right. They just aren't telling you the number that they have kicked off the rolls or the ones that they say don't qualify because they changed the requirement incomes.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
that`s a lot of people, that`s equivalent to the entire populations of:

new Hampshire
Maine
Rhode island
Montana
Delaware
north Dakota
south Dakota
Alaska
district of Columbia
Vermont
and Wyoming

all collecting food stamps, and that is only the number of people who were added to food stamps under Obama.Think about it for a second, under Obama`s policies the equivalent of the entire populations of 11 states were driven into such poverty that they qualify for food stamps, and that`s not even including the number of people who were already on food stamps when he took office,to add insult to injury:

Obama regularly touts the number of jobs created during his presidency, most of which have not been full-time.
But the number he routinely forgets is 1,030 — the number of Democrats who have lost their job in politics under Obama
between state legislatures, governorships and congressional races.

www.theblaze.com...

the facts prove that Obama has been a disaster for the democrat party and the country.The country couldn`t survive 4 more years of these types of liberal success stories and make no mistake about it the liberals consider obama`s presidency a success.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that refugees and illegals, have something to do with those numbers.

Seriously, if jobs are up then where's the numbers coming from?
edit on 27-12-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You know, the irony is that Obama is probably proud of this.

Obama's puppetmasters are certainly proud. The end game for them is to have all of us on food stamps and section 8. Turn us all into serfs who wouldn't dare bite the hand.

or.......give the people good paying jobs, so that even if you work 40 hours a week, you still make enough money to cross up and over the threshold of poverty....oh right...trumps going to be president.....never mind

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Some cuts were made recently to a union department at my facility. People that were affected were given the choice to "bump" and take the position of those with lesser seniority. Guess what, though plenty of jobs were available, many took the "opportunity" to file for unemployment.

A: Unions have been made powerless to protect their members from 'cut happy' employers.

B: Who wants to work for a company you know is going to give you the axe eventually anyway, in stages?

Just quit now, get the unemployment while you hunt for another job, rather than wait till the bitter end.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Ah, the 'ol "matrix imprisons them" argument. Lmao.

Economy tanks, people lose jobs, food stamp enrollment shoots up and then slowly starts going back down. That isn't the Matrix, it's employment taking a hit.

Trump is coming into an economy with relatively positive indicators. Expect to see enrollment continue to lower even if Congress and Trump do nothing. However, it's only going to drop back so far before the next economic calamity hits and then it'll soar to a new record.

The really "bad news" is that we're continuing to innovate people out of jobs as the growth of the labor supply outpaces labor demand. That means more unemployed/"underemployed" folks and more social welfare. So even with short term peaks and valleys, over the long run, without some serious rethinking of employment, the trend is more and more people dependent on social welfare programs.
edit on 2016-12-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Osama's a good guy. He likes to help out the less fortunate amongst us.
I'm sorry, I meant Obama, got my threads confused.
I guess that's how he figured he could've beat Trump. He gave away so much free stuff the illegal immigrants, I mean poor people, I mean democrats would've came out in droves to vote for him.
Who needs a job when your government can keep you in poverty for life without working for it??
Hold on, let me just proofread this to make sure I'm on topic here,
Obama, free stuff, welfare state,
Yup seems good.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

You know possibly... just possibly... there are millions of people who just turned 18 that cannot find a place of work. With the population exploding and the job market remaining stagnant it's a no brainer why this is happening.

There are more people leaving the workforce and retiring than there are people entering the workforce.

So you're incorrect.

Work Force Participation

Not so fast there. According To my research there are only around 6-7 million current job openings in America. So if you filled all those jobs with people on welfare that wouldn't even bring you down to the levels at which the welfare was at in 2007.

Sorry but in population vs job openings there are barely enough jobs. Don't complain to the president for the lack of employment. Blame it on companies that decide to outsource and automate their productions.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Food stamps to buy gmos is good for the soul.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's what Gallup had to say about those wonderful "falling" unemployment rates under Obama:

" If you, a family member or anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed. That's right. While you are as unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment...

Say you're an out-of-work engineer or healthcare worker or construction worker or retail manager: If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed...

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you as unemployed."

gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Who wants to work for a company you know is going to give you the axe eventually anyway, in stages?

The company I work for specifically cannot do that, as our census dictates the department's staffing patterns. More bodies, more staff. We are an exception to forced reductions, but not a minority considering the type of service we provide.

B: Who wants to work for a company you know is going to give you the axe eventually anyway, in stages?

My point is, don't complain about the lack of opportunity when there is plenty there. "I'm too picky" or "that just doesn't work for me" when welfare works like a charm, basically levels the argument to who is offering "what I want" and not "what I need."

Just quit now, get the unemployment while you hunt for another job, rather than wait till the bitter end.

Why not keep their job in some form, while they look for something better or more suitable? Why does it have to be done on my dime?

edit on 27-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Welfare is the government putting a cash injection back into the economy....without those regular cash injections I bet many businesses would fail and the economy would tank...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The income threshold went up based on a formula in place for many years.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Liberals seem to think that they have a captive audience when it comes to businesses, gouge the businesses with high taxes and government regs and there is nothing the companies can do about it.well, the liberals have been finding out the hard way that companies don`t have to stay in America and be subjected to excessive regulations and taxes, they can and do move out of America.
America has been become very non business friendly and Hillary was going to double down on the hate of business by raising their taxes and creating more regulations.
nobody can force a company to come to America or to stay in America you have to entice them to come and remain,excessive taxes and regulations is not the way to do it.

The president and his policies absolutely share the blame for why companies are abandoning America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join