It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your entire life is just to fill up space, most depressing thread ever

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well not everyone can have significant life and historical impact, not everyone can be Trump or Julian Assange or Snowden or Hitler or Bush etc

What if your life, or my life is all about being the filler material for existence.

Somebody has to be a construction worker, a janitor, plumber, burger flipper

Somebody has to have a crappy meaningless life because that is what universe requires to function overall.

Now if that is not depressing

I don't know what is

I think I may be "filler material" my purpose may be to simply fill up space

That's right, there is space and some people are needed just to fill up space

To be the stepping stone for others to step on as they move to their more significant purpose

Sh!t, maybe I should just kill myself and be done with it, I don't have kids or anything

And in the afterlife I will be told "you've done good son, you fulfilled your purpose in the mechanism, you filled up space real good"

I am not a violent man, last fight I had was when I was a young man, but in the afterlife I feel as though I'll want to punch and bite an scream

"You can't do this to me, I have rights, where is God, Goooooooddddddd"

Yeah

Not a happy camper, tent is leaking and all I have packed are unsalted crackers

UNSALTED

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Each person has divine significance and plenty of opportunities to bless others. Don't forget that you (today) could do something to forever alter someone else's existence, for better or worse.

We are much more powerful than we realize.

edit on 27-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Those who you look upon as having a life with meaning are the one's whose lives are less meaningful than yours.

...And no life of whatever species is meaningless...

We as humans just don't know much of anything about reality because we don't partake in it, half of everything we were once able to sense and feel is nullified and muddled by our over reliance on technology.

We are pretty clueless for the most part, with our work-a-day lives, paying down loans for stuff we don't really need to people and groups that have more than they need and use the freedom of the wealth gained from their barely moral machinations to take the time to pursue the truth at the expense of the many.

Brings the song by the Police to mind..."King of Pain".

edit on 27-12-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: pain and lack of knowing.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Be the change. I was on a path to nowhere.
Now I'm one of the construction workers you speak of.
My life is dope city.
When I turned 30 I had $1000 to my name.
8 years later, I just bought my first house and a bmw in the same week.
Haven't made music in 10 years, completed 2 albums in the last 2 years.
10 years ago I was 40 lbs overweight. I dropped 30 in 1 month, got diesel the old fashion way, dedication. I never turned back.
I got divorced at 29.
My fiancee now is well educated. the hottest woman alive, and loves me to death.
When I was 29 I was sleeping in my car in February in NYC.
Now my heat stays at 70.
Be the change.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
why would you want to do something significant or historically memorable? you can`t any of that with you when you die.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MissingRUnext

Chin up mate. It's like you paid your admission fee just to watch the big screen of life with all those 'real' players going about entertaining us all and all we have to do is cheer them, idolize them, listen to them, vote for them, love and hate them. Yep, I get it. And reject it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hey MissingRUnext, life has it's ups downs. Idk, sometime maybe take a look at your numerology, astrology, MBTI charts that sort of thing. Often there could be clues that stand out, to give one a better idea of their talents and what their life can offer.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You're right. Most everyone is destined to be nothing more than the fertile soil from which a single Lotus will grow. But without that fertile soil the lotus will never grow. So while you may not be the Lotus, you still need to be there too.

Basically, most of us are just the crap that the flowers grow out of.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey OP. Turn off your phone for this week. Then turn it back on and realize, nothing changed.

You'll have a clearer mindset if you do this. Look around you. Not at your phone. ATS is full of depression due to the news it puts on. It's no different than watching news on TV.

You're oversaturating yourself with pointless arguments that didn't hurt you in the first place.

Realize what you did wrong in your life. Not in the life of others. The world is going to be how it is no matter what happens.

Until the world ends, you still have life, you still have purpose. Change it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Butterfly Effect...

noun
(with reference to chaos theory) the phenomenon whereby a minute localized change in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere.

...so ...in those moments where you're feeling like you're simply filler for greater things.. could in fact be you.. little ole' you.. changing the course of existence as we know it.

Don't joke about killing yourself.. seriously.. if you even remotely feel like you want to do harm to yourself call someone.. PLEASE!

Talk to someone!

National (U.S.) Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 (24/7)

In case you're not in the U.S. look here: National Suicide Hotlines

If not these.. please talk to SOMEONE!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ergo Cogito Sum-
Believe you are more for to believe you are less places limitations upon the...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I guess it all depends on how you really look at it. You mentioned a few jobs that people have that seem like crap jobs: "construction worker, a janitor, plumber, burger flipper"

Well...those particular jobs can be looked at by those that work them in a different light. What most seem to see is what you watch on TV, Internet, etc...all the glamorous crap. What those people living that lifestyle DON'T have is any real skill outside of being able to make money. Your thread seems to really be geared towards money making you happy.

Without construction workers we would have no place to live, without janitors, all the buildings people inhabit would be unlivable, without plumbers the same applies, without burger flippers many would not eat.

I would suggest, as another poster did, turning off electronics for a bit. Get back to your roots and what matters most to you. Sure we all have to make a living and not everyone can have a Bentley or go on a 3 month vacation, but is that what life is really all about?

I have VERY recently had an epiphany about life and it was a multi-switch flip, lightbulb moment for me. I was a "negative logic" person for the last 39 years. I had a moment a few weeks ago that was life changing. Nothing life threatening or anything like that....just life changing. It gave me the insight of positive logic and seeing the positive side of EVERYTHING that happens, and it all happens for a reason.

Just because you or those you know may have what you consider a crap job doesn't mean that you are not needed. Money is NOT happiness. I have three kids, 11, 10 and 3....I would bet you my house that I could offer any of them all the money in the world versus a straight week of nothing but attention from me and they would take the attention every time.

Children are really in tune with human needs, true human needs. Attention and praise being the most prominent. They look for the approval and praise hourly if not more. This is what every human really needs. If this type of nurturing would be incorporated into businesses I guarantee there would be a lot more happy people in the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

"Enjoy the little things"

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I once had an existential crisis similar to what your describing,
I realised that its only our generation that feels this way, we have been so brainwashed by our media that we all expect to be Millionaires and make world changing differences, its not gonna happen for 999,999 out of a million of us.
It was an amazing act of synchronicity that around the time I was having these depressing thoughts that I came across this 1000 year old poem

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.
When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town.
I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family.
My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
(UNKNOWN MONK 1100AD)

And then a few months later my Mum gave me this on a Bday card

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

I have still have that card framed, cheer up dude, lifes all a matter of perspective

P.s If your in a bit of a dark place may I recommend a pet if you dont have one, Its only a slight exaggeration to say a stray kitten may have saved my life many years ago.
I was at the lowest point of my life in a foreign country with no friends or family near me, one day when I was really REALLY low I found a tiny scrawny flea infested rat looking kitten clinging to a slope near a road.
I rescued him and not just the joy of his playful nature but also the ego boost of having something that relied on me and looked up to me really helped me through that bad patch.

If you dont have a pet I highly recommend it

edit on 27/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Everyone put themselves here for a reason. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you signed up. (Yes I believe we made a choice to come here).
Enjoy the good and the bad. Remember you came here with a plan. Don't doubt yourself.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I wanted to save my 1000th ATS post to a special post I had in mind, but I believe this thread is special.

If it weren't for my parent's grace, I probably would be on the streets a long long time ago... I always had problems getting along and blending in, just because I'm really disgusted by this world we live in, which seems to get worse by the year.

I had this daydream a few days ago, I felt like buying a flight ticket to the Antarctic, and just start walking in the arctic desert until I drop and die. I always wanted to visit there, it felt like a peaceful and less painful death than other deaths I could imagine. I honestly felt exhilarated and lighter by the thought of it.

I hope I didn't make your depression any worse
Maybe you are chuckling now, I hope that you are. May we know and understand our pain and realize its divine purpose (never let a good crisis go to waste, we do learn from them). And may you get extra salty crackers the next time.

Hang in there brother. Know and trust that better days are coming.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I love you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Just like dust

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was a foster kid, emancipated at 17. There were some rough years for sure.

I own a home and a small business, happily married with beautiful kids.

We can be as great as we aspire to be. No matter the obstacles just remember you always get back up. sometimes a wave hits you again and again, but think of it as you testing yourself. Without obstacles there is no personal growth. Good luck to you!
edit on 27-12-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Even a single cell is home to an amazing universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join