It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handgun Safety

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Do you practice loading and firing under stress?

My granddad taught me by using firecrackers behind me. ...and I got access through a retired police officer I know to a homemade shooting house, complete with shoot/no shoot scenarios, strobes, the works. It's about as stressful as it can get, and not be a life and death situation... The loading is why I invested in speedloaders for my Smith. I, rapidly, discovered that loading loose rounds is not very effective in such conditions.

Serious adrenaline rushes, and I can't say I enjoy them much...but I sure as Hell learn.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Only thing I'd add is that there IS such a thing as an accidental discharge...
Some sidearms do have a small possibility of firing if they are dropped (inertia discharge) which in most circumstances would be considered an accident

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale
Very nice! Luckily I don't have any little ones. I bought my husband this below. It looks like a primitive flag but if you remove the right "star" it slides open. Guns are stuck to a magnet strip and easily assessable

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The children of gun owners are usually more informed than children in non gun households. That said, the same informed kids may have friends over who ..well frankly don't have the same respect for a gun.

I am pro second amendment. I am pro self preservation, but I am also pro not losing children when it is avoidable.

I think every one who has a gun should be responsible and make sure those guns were always secured, especially if children are involved.. Who would have thought that would be so controversial...

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Very nice! Luckily I don't have any little ones. I bought my husband this below. It looks like a primitive flag but if you remove the right "star" it slides open. Guns are stuck to a magnet strip and easily assessable

Just so you know....

Every time you post I become a little more jealous of your husband....

Its ok you can tell him I said that..

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
LOL

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

True enough.

I don't know how unusual I was as a kid, but my friends who spent any time at all around my home were told that certain items, which included of course, the firearms--all of 'em, not just the pistols--were strictly no go. No touching, certainly no playing around with...end of discussion. They could certainly ask about 'em, my Dad would happily sit and talk about guns and hunting for hours--trust me, I know

I'm very pro not losing children, too. That's why I taught my nieces and nephews...and their friends, that they were, upon promise of unknown punishment--banishment--not to touch without my express permission, and that of their respective parents...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
'The safety...yes
On the new Springfield auto pistols.....the safety is off when ya grip the handle completely or even 3/4 full grip on the handle....

One has to be in a frame of mind continually ,...or surprise......sober stuff, not casual while ya drink stuff

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That is very cool! Build that into a wall and hey presto, hidden yet readily accessible.

I'm going to shamelessly steal that idea...just so you know.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

True enough.

I don't know how unusual I was as a kid, but my friends who spent any time at all around my home were told that certain items, which included of course, the firearms--all of 'em, not just the pistols--were strictly no go. No touching, certainly no playing around with...end of discussion. They could certainly ask about 'em, my Dad would happily sit and talk about guns and hunting for hours--trust me, I know

I'm very pro not losing children, too. That's why I taught my nieces and nephews...and their friends, that they were, upon promise of unknown punishment--banishment--not to touch without my express permission, and that of their respective parents...

Sounds like we had very similar upbringings.

It also seems like you hung around with a lot smarter kids than I did!

I never had anyone of them try to touch my fathers guns but when I was in highschool(kids who should know better) twice I had "friends" who thought it would be cool to show off there dads gun.

I am not a liberal. I am not left wing.I have no other intention or agenda but to try and save some other person from having to try and calmly walk out of a house while an idiot "jokingly" points his dads gun at them at a kegger.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
No problem...I stole it. Found a picture similar on the internet and had a friend make it and add the hidden bullet release instead of obvious side release....so steal away!

You just have to post pictures to show yours....I showed mine so it's only fair.

edit on 12/26/2016 by Martin75 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Nice article. I never secure my firearm, with 1 in the chamber and it is a no safety Glock 30-45 cal. I want to stress that no one should do what I do. I carry everywhere I can, every waking and sleeping minute.

But it goes without saying...ALWAYS SECURE YOUR FIREARMS. I have no kids around and it would be really hard to get it away from me....Even next to the shower.

Again... Don't do as me...Always, always...Secure your weapons from all possible thefts or dangers.

MS

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It'll have to wait a year or two...

I'm relocating to Tennessee, or the surrounding areas close by next summer/fall. So I've gotta find just that right place, y'know?

I fully intend to rediscover my redneck/Appalachia roots, since that's where many of my family immigrated to from Europe, and left during the Westward migration. Gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Star for the cabinet!

My wife has been bugging me to get one of the coffee table compartments.

I'm torn on though it is really cool, it isn't really practical?

I like your cabinet better.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Thank you! I carry at almost all times, but I never chamber. Just a matter of choice. But I have many friends that carry it like a lifeline....I always keep them close.

West Virginia here, I don't think there is anywhere like the Appalachians! Welcome home!

This is hanging by the bed…it doesn’t do me any good in a coffee table. That’s downstairs!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

thank you in advance...

I surely hope so. I'm working on typing with a southern drawl.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

My wife was looking for a place to store extra long rifles. We always seem to be one short, so I keep buying..

I was reminded of this when you posted your picture.

Coffee Table

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oooohhhh, that might be perfect for next year's Christmas gift! I have a buddy that I give a project to every year! LOL Last year he made holsters...but hubby needs somewhere to store last year's Christmas gift...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

All I'm seeing here is a lucky man and a good woman. Carry on!!!

BTW, Opsec... you're showing off your alcohol tradestuff.

edit on 20Mon, 26 Dec 2016 20:18:33 -0600America/Chicago16th2016-12-26T20:18:33-06:00pmMondayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The guy I buy from also owns a liquor store! LOL
I told him he has ATF covered!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join