It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Alert: Carrie Fisher

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's the spirit! we haz cookies

I like cookies!

But only the square ones from my timeline. These round ones in this timeline are weird.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Not sure if sarcasm.

ME's are real and there's explanations which require difficult study into the nature of how we think.

We need to look at why a heart surgeon knows the hearts in the middle but thinks C3PO didn't have a silver leg.
Whilst the SFX guy who painted the leg knows it's silver but thinks his hearts on the left.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I'll just leave this here.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Good point, it needs more study.. but you won't convince these fools.. They can't even understand that everyone knows memory is faulty - can't understand the conversation has moved past that..

Like I said - they're ridiculous..not really worth the time arguing with such dense "people".

edit on 24-12-2016 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I've seen that one already and you're preaching to the choir.

I think the best comparison is those Magic Eye puzzles.

Magic eye puzzles are real, but the sailboats (or schooners for the Mallrats fans) aren't, we're just easily tricked.

People who think that all our science should be thrown out because the think they remember something are fools. But denying ME's exist is like denying Magic Eye puzzles exist.

hehehe I probably should've chosen an example that didn't share the same intitials.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I 100% agree.

Arguing with people who think the Mandela effect is parallel universe shifting is pointless. I think a better solution would be to medicate them. After all, they're clearly delusional.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That would be redefining what the Mandela effect is. While I do actually agree it's as you described it, to call it real gives them the impression you mean THEIR version of the Mandela effect.

But really, this thread isn't about the validity of their ME. It's more a preemptive "we knew someone was going to use this as "proof"".
edit on 24122016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm not sure that's the case.

There isn't a consistent explanation for the Mandela Effect. They hate talking about physics past their misunderstanding that anything is possible.

If you think Vader said "Luke, I am your father" which you probably do you are a victim of the ME.

We should be talking about the Mandela Cause maybe.
The actual effect cannot be denied.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You know what to do then lol

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The cause is quite simple.

Somebody thought something was A, when it was actually B. Instead of going "Oh. I thought it was A, but it's really B. Oh well. Learn something new every day" they now go "It was only ever A in my timeline. It's never been B in my timeline. Things must have changed and it's NOT my memory!"

Then other people who thought it was A searched the Internet for other people who thought the same. And more and more people done the same until we are where we are now.

In my opinion, the Mandela effect is nothing more than a consequence of the Internet.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Making a thread as a "pre-emptive strike" against the ME where no ME exists shows how childish and foolish the anti-ME children are..

I don't need to explain it, this post is a better example than I could ever type out lol

Foolish is as foolish does

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
In my opinion, the Mandela effect is nothing more than a consequence of the Internet.

I can prove that's wrong.

Mr Berenstain was told in the 40's (I'm not looking it up and I'm sure that's wrong datewise, but pre internet) that his name was spelled incorrectly.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

You know what to do then lol

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just pointing out the rediculousness and narcissistic nature of the "it's not my memory!" argument.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That's not proving me wrong. That's just proving that someone said his name was spelt wrong.

In the 90s this bs wasn't even a thing. It's only become a popular meme because of easy access to the internet and scam artists trying to make money off the gullible.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Where no ME exists YET.

I'm with the OP. There WILL be a future thread with her dying and some idiot saying it was a ME.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Double post. --DJW001
edit on 24-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Making a thread as a "pre-emptive strike" against the ME where no ME exists shows how childish and foolish the anti-ME children are..

Actually, accurately predicting a future "Mandela Effect" would prove the misperception hypothesis, effectively ending the need for paranormal explanations. See this thread for further details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Narcissistic is thinking you can predict an ME, wouldn't you agree? lol

djw - thousands upon thousands of people (and having the effect myself is my proof)... If you want to count on predictions, it just proves my point about how childish you bs people are...

But I digress, the Mandela Effect won't go away - it's a part of our history.. You'll either get to know it, or hide from it as the future progress - and it's clear where you stand (left behind).

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So now predicting it is narcissistic?

Is that because you can't handle the fact that it's made up to satisfy the "I can't ever be wrong" crowd?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Of course that's what I think, or I wouldn't of typed it lol duh

I'd say you can't handle it.. Don't you post in every ME thread putting people down? It's like your threatened, and in a defensive posture.. Very childish, very "gang mentality".

I admit though, I have a hard time arguing with ignorance.. I'm more prone to feel sorry for you.

You'll grow up eventually, you don't have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join