It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin urges Russian nuclear weapons boost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday called for the country to reinforce its military nuclear potential and praised the army's performance in its Syria campaign. In a speech that recapped military activities in 2016, Putin said the army's preparedness has "considerably increased" and called for continued improvement that would ensure it can "neutralise any military threat". "We need to strengthen the military potential of strategic nuclear forces, especially with missile complexes that can reliably penetrate any existing and prospective missile defence systems," the Kremlin strongman said. ......

Full Article

Normally I don't post much if any in the WW3 area, but I found this article interesting because Putin is ramping up his Nuclear Arsenal, yet he has shown his support for new president elect Donald Trump.

So what makes me curious is, why the sudden public pose to show Russian military might? Reminds me of the old Soviet Days.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Yeah my thoughts are before the end of the next 4 years we will be roasting rats over the dying embers of Democracy and a nuclear fire.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Yeah, I'm right there with ya.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So what makes me curious is, why the sudden public pose to show Russian military might? Reminds me of the old Soviet Days.

The "old soviet days", where Europe was occupied by Soviet armor is gone, they left. Now who occupies eastern Europe? NATO. Exactly what the Soviets were worried about is happened.

The United states used Hitler as an excuse to occupy Europe (again) and used Stalin as an excuse to stay (forming NATO). Now its using Putin as further excuse to do exactly what the Soviets did, expand into Eastern Europe.

You think Russia should just fold and accept what they know is coming? The last time German armor sat on the border of Poland was in WWII. This history lesson is not lost on them.

It represents the biggest movement of foreign allied troops in Poland in peace time. For the first time since the Nazi invasion of Soviet-occupied Poland began on 22 June 1941, German tanks will cross the country from west to east.

The Guardian

For some strange reason it seems, every hundred years or so the west goes crazy and has to attack Russia.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah, Putin likes Trump so much because he knows that he will have his way as long as Trump is in power. I think Putin will flex his power in the Middle East. Watch out for what unfolds there.
edit on 22-12-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The "old soviet days", where Europe was occupied by Soviet armor is gone, they left. Now who occupies eastern Europe? NATO. Exactly what the Soviets were worried about is happened.

The United states used Hitler as an excuse to occupy Europe (again) and used Stalin as an excuse to stay (forming NATO). Now its using Putin as further excuse to do exactly what the Soviets did, expand into Eastern Europe.

You think Russia should just fold and accept what they know is coming? The last time German armor sat on the border of Poland was in WWII. This history lesson is not lost on them.

It represents the biggest movement of foreign allied troops in Poland in peace time. For the first time since the Nazi invasion of Soviet-occupied Poland began on 22 June 1941, German tanks will cross the country from west to east.

The Guardian

For some strange reason it seems, every hundred years or so the west goes crazy and has to attack Russia.

Excellent description of history. You are spot on. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

oh please. The resentment with many Eastern Europeans towards Russia is huge. A result of 50 years of SU-occupation. The baltics, Poland, all urge NATO to do more to protect them against the Russian Bear.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

oh please. The resentment with many Eastern Europeans towards Russia is huge. A result of 50 years of SU-occupation. The baltic, Poland, all urge NATO to do more to protect them against the Russian Bear.

Mmm Hmm yes, all countries just love to be occupied by foreign armies. Painting their cities with a big target for the next war.

Save it for the warmongers, they'll be along...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

NATO is not occupying anyone. People in Eastern Europe democratically elect politicians that invite and support NATO troops, meaning that's what the people want, meaning NATO is not occupying anyone. All of those NATO troops were invited to deter aggressive Russia after it invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea. So Putin can thank himself for it. That's what he wants anyway, since he needs external enemies to hide the fact that his country is in an economic sh*thole.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I vote to ramp up our arsenal as well...

My relatives in Amarillo would love to return to their old jobs at Pantex...

Chris

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They should just disband NATO. it's long outlived it's usefulness.

Or at least the US and UK should leave.

France can come too.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

They should just disband NATO. it's long outlived it's usefulness.

Or at least the US and UK should leave.

France can come too.

I like Trumps idea, too. Make them pay for 'defending' them. Watch how quick they turn against the expenditure.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Because United States has very advanced military technology

Russia has to have quality nukes, because they lack in other areas

Nukes are the only reason US didn't attack Russia yet

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Trunp's response.
" US must greatly expand nuclear weapons"
www.bbc.co.uk...

Yayyy more Nukes , just what we need with madmen in charge
The Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons looks to be under threat , the weaponization of space approaches.
And I thought 2016 was bad.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sudden?

Putin has being going on about Russian nukes for a few years now.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Yeah, Putin likes Trump so much because he knows that he will have his way as long as Trump is in power. I think Putin will flex his power in the Middle East. Watch out for what unfolds there.

I think you misunderstand Trump.

Trump only has one friend, Trump.

The love fest with Putin today, will likely become animosity tomorrow.

When the relationship is no longer a perfect "10" in Trump's mind, he dumps the partner.

That's his M.O.

There's no lifelong friendship with a Trump.

It's a relationship of convenience. And Trump has to always "win."

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Putin doesn't fully trust the USA yet.

And why would he? Trump is not in office yet and the current administration is bent on making life as difficult as possible for Russia.

Then you have the EU that wants no part of any friendship with Russia either.

I can't say that if I were Putin I would do things much differently really. It's called putting a bet each way - hope for the best with Trump and the possibility of renewed friendship but prepare for the worst if he goes rogue and perpetuates the new cold war that started under the Obama administration.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Trunp's response. " US must greatly expand nuclear weapons"

I don't think it was response. It was pillow talk.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That's a twisted version of history you got goin' on there...

The US used Hitler as an excuse to occupy Europe--again--when was the first time????

Used Stalin as an excuse? What history are you reading again?? I'd ask some of those former Warsaw Pact nations just how much choice they had in dealing with Stalin... Start with Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania--then move on to Yugoslavia, Poland, East Germany...there are others that may occur to you.

Vlad "I wanna be known as the Great" Putin's actions have not exactly endeared him to his neighbors, either...

Man, I know you've a hate on for the US/NATO foreign policies, but geeze...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Uranium compliments of Hillary Russians Bad"Clinton.Who incredibly accuses Trump of collusion.Smh..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join