It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Claim to have Started Work on V-22 Tilt Rotor Equivalent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Chinese seem to have come to the same conclusion as the USMC: they need to be able to move troops by air quickly and yet still insert them from a vertical landing or hover. There have been multiple proposals over the years as to how to do this. The USMC settled on and defended the V-22 tilt rotor concept as their answer to this problem. Multiple critics have maintained there were other ways, but it ought to be noted at least one of the FVL design demonstrators is a tilt rotor.

It seems the Chinese think this is the way to lick the problem, too.

I am sure people here will quickly jump to 'They stole it." It's possible, I will concede. However, it's equally possible they simply looked at the problem like we did and decided the tilt rotor was the only way with current technology to get something moving that fast and still hover...much like we did.

Since China has come out and said they are working on it, and they are NOT noted for being open with something until they are near unveiling it, how long do we wait until we see pix of the Chinese tilt rotor?

www.janes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well seeing how they Chinese are naturally creative, I am sure it will dominate the air transport showcase.

edit on 21-12-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Is this new tech depicted in any featured film? You know, like how they stole Top Gun scenes in the past and passed it off as their new jets lol.

We could see their unveiling now if that's the case.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll enjoy the crash rate.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looks like a Chinook with outriggers.
Blue Whale

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

More like a killer whale.

i dig that paint job though.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Imagine the combined reliability of the V-22 and Chinese manufacturing, all in one sleek package!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

4 high maintenance engines and a huge footprint? Maybe for commercial but that design wouldn't be ideal in a rough field operation. I imagine one of the biggest difficulties is the flight control software.. There are a lot of possibilities to go through there.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yep. Totally original.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
The Chinese seem to have come to the same conclusion as the USMC: they need to be able to move troops by air quickly and yet still insert them from a vertical landing or hover. There have been multiple proposals over the years as to how to do this. The USMC settled on and defended the V-22 tilt rotor concept as their answer to this problem. Multiple critics have maintained there were other ways, but it ought to be noted at least one of the FVL design demonstrators is a tilt rotor.

It seems the Chinese think this is the way to lick the problem, too.

I am sure people here will quickly jump to 'They stole it." It's possible, I will concede. However, it's equally possible they simply looked at the problem like we did and decided the tilt rotor was the only way with current technology to get something moving that fast and still hover...much like we did.

Since China has come out and said they are working on it, and they are NOT noted for being open with something until they are near unveiling it, how long do we wait until we see pix of the Chinese tilt rotor?

www.janes.com...

The thing is loud and a death trap. It cannot do it's mission without waking the dead on landing. Good luck to them.

top topics

join