It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Keep His Own Private Security "It’s playing with fire" Says Retired Secret Service

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Retired secret service agent said Trump is playing with fire. Mixing secret service and private security creates liability and confusion. This also creates greater risk. Is Trump doing the right thing?

“It’s playing with fire,” said former Secret Service agent Jonathan Wackrow, who worked on President Obama’s detail during his 2012 campaign. Having a mix-and-match security team working events in tandem with the Secret Service “increases the Service’s liability, it creates greater confusion, and it creates greater risk,” Wackrow said

All modern presidents have deferred to the Secret Service, but Trump is breaking from the norm by using his private security and SS.
Some of the security that Trump used during the campaign said it was difficult because it is so abnormal.

edit on 19-12-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

edit on 19-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

MOD EDIT
www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on Mon Dec 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Kennedy used SS. Reagan did too. I think it might be very smart of him not to.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ya know, why the hell not?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Given the reputation of the Secret Service lately in a variety of incidents, I'm not sure I trust a retired agent's opinions.Those guys seem like out of control party-animals to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I imagine they will have to establish a chain of command agreement. Which will be dicey at best, but in this day and age, I'd probably use private security too. Not enough loyalty these days. Either route he goes, I'd still wear a vest if I were him.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I wonder just how much of this is stoppable.
I have heard that if someone is willing to trade their life for someone elses, it is very difficult to stop.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I haven't yet formed a solid opinion one way or another on this.... but... the SS haven't exactly had a stellar run over the past few years. People hopping fences.... disgruntled mailmen flying way too close with home-brew helicopters.... nut-jobs actually running across the lawn and INTO the White House.....

I can't say I completely blame Trump for considering this option.... but again, I haven't really thought it through yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Kennedy used SS. Reagan did too. I think it might be very smart of him not to.

I never thought about it like that. Good #

(post by RomeByFire removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I sure as wouldn't trust my life to a bunch of coked up guys chasing prostitutes.... I don't know what changed, but they just are not very professional anymore.
edit on 12192016 by Natas0114 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The lefties have a new reason to hope! If this happens, they might not have to feel despair for the full four years.

Of course, it will be extremely unseemly if someone does assassinate him and then we're treated to a national (read in California and New York and on the TV MSM) orgy of celebration rather than mourning.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: 3daysgone

I wonder just how much of this is stoppable.
I have heard that if someone is willing to trade their life for someone elses, it is very difficult to stop.

That is true. All anyone can do is prepare and hope for the best. He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The lefties have a new reason to hope! If this happens, they might not have to feel despair for the full four years.

Of course, it will be extremely unseemly if someone does assassinate him and then we're treated to a national (read in California and New York and on the TV MSM) orgy of celebration rather than mourning.

Lol possibly in the minds of the delusional who wish to see those they don't agree with murdered.

I can't stand Trump but I would NEVER advocate assassinating the clown.

By the way - there's no source to corroborate OP's claims. Whether an honest mistake or not, I'll hold judgement until a source is prevented.

I swear to God though if the "source," is a cable "news network," I will weep like a little girl.

"Retired SS agent," and no source.

Seems legit.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

A lot of people use a thing called a search engine to see if what someone posts has any backbone to it.

Let me help you.

Link to Search Engine With Results

Hope that helps.
edit on Mon Dec 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I would use the private security as a close security detail and let the SS deal with medium and long range threats.

You need to trust those protecting you from close attack.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Trump should just keep a private security force without the SS. He doesn't need those worthless bureaucrats and their intel. And their prying eyes....

edit on 19-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join