It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV ads trying to sway the Electoral College

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This week we have seen many ads in some areas that focus on the Elector College members to turn against President Elect Trump.

Some use Hollywood celebrities and some have an actual Elector.

Last ditch effort by a few PACs to get Hillary "IN" ?

Some commercials are short and some are long (like an infomercial).

This could backfire and give Trump a net gain !!

This could also be the beginning of onslaught to change the system to popular vote for Presidents !!

There is an ongoing effort to get States to change their system and direct their electors to vote with the nationwide popular vote !!

Watch for that effort to gain steam.

Two articles ...........

New MoveOn TV ad features Republican elector who opposes Trump

Liberal celebs ask GOP electors not to vote for Trump

edit on Dec-18-2016 by xuenchen because: castedspell

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People are exercising their rights? This madness must stop and the great orange one will do just that.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I agree. Trump won. We should all unite and every elector go with Trump.

And when trump was saying we should not respect the results you were right there supporting him on that too, right?
edit on 18-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I say we do an online push today to get the electors for Hillary to switch to Trump so she gets nothing.

NOTHING!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am still holding out for the slim chance that they all vote for Zazz and tell Trump and Clinton to suck it.

edit on 18-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My theory is that any faithless voting on the 19th should be thrown out by Congress on the 6th, when they formally count the votes received. One procedural trick deserves another.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Fun fact: the majority of the people voted for Hillary.
The system you have is a relict of your colonial/slavery times, a tool, because you have to register first and all of that is already meant to not let all the people vote.
Get rid of that stupid Elector College. Saves money too.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So, let me see if I have this straight:

Russia trying to influence election results == bad.

Media trying to influence election results == good.

Correct?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When you look at the Hollywood elite they live in a different world. They get everything they desire no matter how hard or crazy that desire could be. Money and fame gets them everything and they live in a bubble of just them. In their minds they are the best and brightest in the country, just ask them, and when they do not get their way it is a real shock to their reality. If they say their darling Hillary will be President then so be it, done deal, but it seems much of the country disagreed with that. Do a recount, do info commercials using all the talents of Hollywood, say the Russians got Trump into office, send each electoral college voting member 1000s of letters and emails and the result will be the same as the recount.

Since Hollywood elite isn't moving to Canada
as they promised I guess we just need to suffer though their temper tantrums during a very rare time they did not get their way.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
already discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I say we do an online push today to get the electors for Hillary to switch to Trump so she gets nothing.

NOTHING!

Looking at the electoral college feedback so far Hillary has about 7 voters that have already said they will not cast their vote for her being still salty over the Bern. The Trump side has been very positive for him, so in the end I think Hillary will actually end up with less than 232.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
One thing I can glean from this madness...It's like a child that got his toy taken away, or a bully that got punched in the mouth.

To quote some movie I forget which "It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun".

But it's all gravy when the people that own the TV/newspaper have it their way. It's a little transparent these days. Too obvious. I'm ready for the house of cards to come down. I'm just worried the same crooks will stay on top of the garbage pile.

edit on 18-12-2016 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hillary had to cheat in order to beat a senile old communist.

She deserves NOTHING!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I am still holding out for the slim chance that they all vote for Zazz and tell Trump and Clinton to suck it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The system you have is a relict of your colonial/slavery times, a tool, because you have to register first and all of that is already meant to not let all the people vote.

Clearly doesn't understand how electoral college process works or how it balances the votes.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

MoveOn, the same people deeply involved in the staged rioting at Trump rallies.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The problem with that is we would no longer be a Republic, is that what you want?

In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this way and can impose its will on the minority.

Hillary got landslide victories in CA, had over 4 million more for her than Trump. Trump didn't even go there knowing full well how liberal they are. If we had it your way then CA would dictate all elections in the country and the other 49 states would not matter much. The fact that Hillary got 55 points from just one state, but still lost, is the point you need to look at and ask why.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Fun fact...if you simply remove the City of New York and Los Angeles County from the results (which represent only 5% of the population), Trump won the popular vote.

The system is designed to ensure that all States within the Republic have a say in the outcome of National elections (especially the Senate and the Presidency), and cannot be simply drowned out by the "weighted noise" from the metropolises...it is still very relevant today, and to play the "slavery" card in 2016 is just not intellectually honest.

Requiring people to register to vote (or at a minimum show citizen identification) does not disenfranchise those who want to vote (and legally can), any more than requiring people to get a driver's license disenfranchises those who want to drive.

I disagree that the Electoral College is "stupid"...however if it ever were eliminated, the candidates would simply change their campaign strategies accordingly, to go after the popular vote instead of the Electoral College vote (for example, Trump would have spent a lot more time in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City than he did). The problem with that notion (among other things) is that all of the attention would be paid to the concerns of urban voters, and rural and small town/city voters would be virtually ignored.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I love how there's no voting (thumbs up/down) on the youtube videos.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Yeah, for some odd and selfish reasons, people don't realize that they vote for who they want THEIR STATE to support as president. There is their democracy in action. The president is elected by a weighted majority of STATES, not the people.

And, full disclosure here: I live in California, and am repulsed by the condescension the minority of jurisdictions / counties give to the rest of us. The majority of "territory" in Cali voted for Trump, but since there are more "democrat" people concentrated in the more populous areas, they get to tell the rest of us what to do. So we see, here at the micro level, what they want to occur at the macro level: domination over all others with impunity.

edit on 18-12-2016 by paradoxious because: formatting....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join