It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler killed in Arkansas road rage incident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

(CNN)A 3-year-old boy was shot and killed during an apparent road rage incident in Little Rock, Arkansas on Saturday when his grandmother took him shopping, police said.

Officers believe the incident occurred on the city's southwest side.
The grandmother was at a stop sign when a confrontation ensued, police said.
A motorist behind the woman grew agitated that she was not moving quickly, Little Rock Police Department spokesman Lt. Steven McClanahan said.
He started honking his horn. He got out of his car and fired shots inside the woman's car, police said.
Police told CNN at least one of the bullets hit the boy.
The woman then drove to the JC Penney in west Little Rock, where police received a call that the child passenger was shot.
The boy was found to have fatal injuries and transported to Arkansas Children's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

www.cnn.com...

Beyond sickening.

Shooter is still on the run.

I hope he is a caught soon, and made to suffer.

Found Original Article:

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Police say a 3-year-old boy being taken on a shopping trip by his grandmother was killed in an Arkansas road rage shooting when a driver opened fire on the grandmother’s car because he thought she “wasn’t moving fast enough.”

Authorities say the boy and his grandmother were at a stop sign in southwest Little Rock on Saturday when a driver apparently angry about the delay stepped out of his car and opened fire. They say the boy was struck by gunfire at least once.

The grandmother wasn’t struck. She drove away and called police from a shopping center.

Police Lt. Steve McClanahan says investigators believe the grandmother and the boy “were completely innocent” and have no relationship with the shooter.

Police say they’re looking for an older black Chevrolet Impala driven by a tall black man.

wreg.com...

edit on 18-12-2016 by Lysergic because: added source

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, we as a race are supposed to have evolved beyond this. Apparently some still haven't got that memo. Standby for this thread to be turned into a debate on the pros and cons of gun control.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
NY Daily News

The boy was taken to a hospital, where he died shortly after, becoming the second young child shot dead in a road rage incident in the city in the last few weeks.
(My emphasis)

I had to search three sources until I found a description of suspect's vehicle (older black Chevrolet Impala). Certainly that lead should be front and center in every story about this tragedy.

Difficult news to read.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
NY Daily News

The boy was taken to a hospital, where he died shortly after, becoming the second young child shot dead in a road rage incident in the city in the last few weeks.
(My emphasis)

I had to search three sources until I found a description of suspect's vehicle (older black Chevrolet Impala). Certainly that lead should be front and center in every story about this tragedy.

Difficult news to read.

As I don't live in America the logical question for me to ask is if there is a particular demographic likely to own or use such a vehicle?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So shocking and tragic.
When did we (not us but, humans in general) decide that rather than getting out of our vehicle and asking if perhaps they are having car trouble or simply driving around them was no longer an option but rather let's shoot them dead because they are in our way?!

And, the poor grandmother driving all of the way to the store before realizing her grandson had been shot!

The guilt and pain that she must will feel for the rest of her life.

The world is simply ridiculous and who creates (raises) these types of people?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Absolutely disgusting, we as a race are supposed to have evolved beyond this. Apparently some still haven't got that memo. Standby for this thread to be turned into a debate on the pros and cons of gun control.

We as a race? Or possibly "them" as one? No mention of the shooter so we know what that means. Has nothing to do with gun control.
edit on 18-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh look the racists have come out all ready.

Asking about "demographics" and speaking of "them"...

One person did this. One. Not a demographic, not them, one person.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

We as a race? Or possibly "them" as one? No mention of the shooter so we know what that means. Has nothing to do with gun control.

I understand what you are alluding to. I chose to post my comment in the way I did for the sake of the thread. I agree this has nothing to do with gun control but I would not be at all surprised if that question finds its way into this discussion.
edit on 18-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I understand what you are alluding to. I chose to post my comment in the way I did for the sake of the thread.

Just going by stats. Funny how facts are labeling me already. Not you. And Hazardous, it is more than just one person. These types of crimes are an epidemic being caused mainly, overwhelmingly by one group. So stop the racist remark.
edit on 18-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Oh look the racists have come out all ready.

Asking about "demographics" and speaking of "them"...

One person did this. One. Not a demographic, not them, one person.

You are incorrect in your assumption of my motives. I guarantee you that investigators of this incident will have asked and explored the same question.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

As I don't live in America the logical question for me to ask is if there is a particular demographic likely to own or use such a vehicle?

I think Impalas are pretty popular with Law Enforcement.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I don't know that answer; however, I hope it would be a top-priority for the media to get that description widely circulated ASAP so tips might lead to apprehension of the suspect. Perhaps it is being reported in the city/region, but I found it odd I had to deliberately look for it by searching for other coverage. The first thing I thought: I hope the grandmother got a look at the monster's vehicle.

(post by CulturalResilience removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I think Impalas are pretty popular with Law Enforcement.

Are you suggesting this may have been carried out by an on/off duty LEO?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wasn't able to glean any information regarding race in the article.
Could someone be so kind as to direct me?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Found link to original article, added it to OP.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is why we need the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Usually no information points to someone with a protected status. More often than not, if it's a white guy, race is mentioned in the article.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

If he was White there would be calls for gun control and the article would say in the very beginning, "Suspect is WHITE".
Technically I am going on a hunch but, haven't been wrong yet. The media tells you who the suspect is without telling you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Are you suggesting this may have been carried out by an on/off duty LEO?

It might be something to look in to. They can pick up used patrol cars at auctions. They are known to be armed. Widespread steroid abuse is not unheard of, which might explain the unwarranted aggressive behavior.

Unless there is a better lead, like traffic cameras or analysis of the bullet to see if the gun is on file, it would be remiss to overlook the possibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join