It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Large Species may go Extinct within 20 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is scary, at least to anyone who cares about this planet. We are exterminating animals into extinction due to our greed, ignorance and sheer numbers. Do you want to live in a world with no elephants or giraffes? I know I don't.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
99.99 percent of all animal species have gone extinct.

It is a natural event.

The other problem with your story is it is on CNN

Just more bla bla bla.

People have been saying this for decades.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Interesting website.

Glad I couldn't see it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It would be wise to leave at least one continent, like africa, free of humans for animals to replenish and a portion of the oceans, free from fishing, to not only guarantee their survival, but ours.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For every animal that goes extinct there's probably about 4 billion undiscovered fish just waiting to sprout legs to take their place...... So we're told...... At least I am.......By the voices.....

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

It would be wise to leave at least one continent, like africa, free of humans for animals to replenish and a portion of the oceans, free from fishing, to not only guarantee their survival, but ours.

I think the North American continent would be a good choice. Much less people to have to evict.

Otherwise what do you want to do with all of the people in Africa? There are a lot of them.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes that is a problem. Lots of space in australia, they can have queensland.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Elephants and giraffes sound a lot like an Africa problem. Can someone provide a synopsis so I don't have to give that fake news site additional revenue?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Queensland is not suitable for those two species. You would simply speed up their slide to species oblivion.

In fact, very little of Australia would be suitable for your small project.

I am not sure if we even have the right type of tree for the Giraffes.

P

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Your logic circuits are upsetting my plans
Yep evicting the North American continent might be the go. Given that americans love the middle east so much, perhaps they will be happy living there, ontop of all that oil.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Your logic circuits are upsetting my plans
Yep evicting the North American continent might be the go. Given that americans love the middle east so much, perhaps they will be happy living there, ontop of all that oil.

So Canada might fit into Australia? We wouldn't get along with the Middle East, we need a secular spot.
There's only 30 million of us....😇
We come with beer bacon and maple syrup.

Doesn't help elephants and giraffes, but the moose and the bears will thrive.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

lol

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sure, a lot of species have gone extinct, but there were new species being created that took their place.

This extinction is different than a natural one. Our concentrated and unnatural chemicals entering the environment and our exploitation of the lands has caused a lot of harm to our environment. We have no other planet to go to, we are stuck here. We should not severely cripple the earths ability to provide for future generations, look what we have already done, look at the future for our grandchildren. We do not have the right to do that. To distroy the environment for personal gain, not for necessities which the earth could provide for us.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

We are supposed to stop using sites that propagate fake news. Any better sources?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm sure CNN is more reliable than any sites preferred by the majority of ATS members.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I can't speak for others, merely pointing out if we want to ignore sites that propagate fake news, CNN is on that list.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Some Elephants have been born without tusks. That's the species adapting to survive it's environment. The tuskless elephants are of no concern to poachers, so they won't be killed.

Nature finds a way.

A decade or so ago Kenya came up with a solution to this. They had the Army go around and shoot the poachers dead on sight. Human rights troublemakers raised hell over it.

You literally cannot win.

top topics

join