It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF supports immigrants — just not into our neighborhoods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It seems as though the people of San Francisco are a bunch of hypocrites. Who would have thought?

San Francisco is one of the most progressive cities in the nation, especially when it comes to national immigration. We believe so much in the natural right of people to join us here in America that we fought to keep our status as sanctuary city even in the face of being federally defunded for it. We pride ourselves on our rejection of plans to tighten immigration controls and deport undocumented immigrants. Yet take that same conversation to the local level and all bets are off. City meetings have become heated, divisive and prone to rhetoric where we openly discuss exactly which kinds of people we want to keep out of our city.

Seems that they want to be a sanctuary city they just don't want illegals in their neighborhood. (Imagine that)

Here I thought they were the tolerant ones!

You cant make this stuff up.

This is an ethically incoherent position. If we in San Francisco so strongly believe that national immigration is a human right, then it seems strange to block migration into our own neighborhoods.

Just wow lin k

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"national immigration is a human right"

It's everyone's right to move here, is the logic, eh? Oh, except not to their neighborhood!

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

It's never about them.

They want to live in their gated communities with armed guards while busy trying to ban guns.

They give an extra 5 to the "help" and call themselves "enlightened" but would scream in horror if the y moved next door.

These are the people that drive their Prius's to yoga classes that want to dictate to the rest of the country.

Losers.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I know funny right!

Yet they always claim the moral high ground.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not in my back yard!

Didn't Carlin call it?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
These "pat myself on the back for being on the obviously correct moral side of the political spectrum" threads never get old!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
LMAO

This is just awesome!!!
Reality has come along and gone "SLAP" right in their smug faces

Im not against immigration but I am against unrestricted immigration, I think its a really bad start to a new life in a country when you are knowingly breaking the law to have that start.

Sadly when the SHTF and these illegal immigrant/refugee hotspots explode in Europe and sanctuary cities Im not gonna to enjoy saying I told you so..... Im still gonna say it but I wont get anything out of it
edit on 17/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

White Liberal Racists. Much worse than even the KKK. Malcolm X called them out many years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Truly pathetic people, the ctrl-left do not live where these migrants live, everyday americans do.
San Francisco thought they were safe because property prices keep most poor classes of people out of the city.

Ivory tower liberals are so removed from society. Living in a real bubble, its now popping

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

edit on 17-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
But they might allow an immigrant to drive their Ivory Tower Limousines.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
People tend to have high moral, ethical and financial standards until those standards effect them directly.
That's when their true colors show.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Social Justice by Proxy!

Give me the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free...but put them in YOUR backyard.

We'll call when the house needs cleaning, the kids need watching, the lawn needs mowing or the roof needs fixing.

edit on 17-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't think these people are any different than any others that claim to be pro international immigration. They all think it is a grand idea as long as they are taking someone else's home or property.

How many of them do you see relinquishing their land, homes, and possessions?

People that come here legally have prepared for the move, they don't require people to break the law to support and provide for them. Illegals create problems for everyone, including themselves and for those in areas that are already over-strapped with the number of hungry, needy, and homeless in their areas. So of course illegals are unwanted, it is a basic survival response, and should be expected.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
You are so right.

I particularly liked this part of the story.

The current approach of attempting to just halt construction hasn’t proven effective at preserving neighborhood aesthetics. To truly control who lived in a neighborhood, you’d have to create some official tribunal that would essentially have the ability to vet applicants by their demographics. This is would be very dangerous and likely illegal. It’s hardly a progressive idea to deliberately institutionalize exclusionary policy.

So they are trying to keep illegal immigrants out by not allowing construction. Pretty brazen if you ask me!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

LOL...sounds about right....err I mean left.

This is the way it always happens. Unless and until the "riff-raff" moves in they fully support the liberal agenda....but when it affects them it is a different reaction. It's almost as if they don't think about consequences of actions and really have no touch with the realities of their choices.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

In the old days slaves were never allowed to live in the Big Plantation House either.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It is amazing how smug the right is right now thanks for showing.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

You are quite correct about some of the right wing.

A few of us are, however, laying low. We know that paybacks can and doubtless will be a bitch.

In four years, Id fully expect the Dems to be back in the White Hut looking for revenge. Smart people will use the next four years to pile up money and develop an exit plan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join