It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll : Could the Holocaust happen again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Could the Holocaust happen again?

Yes 72% 108001 votes

No 28% 42203 votes

Total: 150204 votes

Taken From :www.cnn.com...

I was surprised at the answer of this... I voted no!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think it could happen again.
Look at how many people on this very forum talk about nuking the Middle East and talk about the Muslims as Untermensch.

Haven't you heard the line "we should kill 100 of their guys for every one of ours" ?

The line of thought was brought up very quickly after incidents like the BlackWater security deaths and the Nick Berg beheading.

If there were more incidents like that, the number of people who believe the Muslims are Untermensch will rise.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah I believe the Holocaust can happen again, infact I believe it is inevitable unfortunately

There is so much hate and loathing in this world that I fear its only a matter of time. What group will it be this time? Jews again? Not likely. Moslems? Very Likely. Americans? Well not in the near future anyway. It will happen its just a matter of time....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes, it can and is against Christians in Saudi, Sudan, China, Indonesia, etc, etc, etc.....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"This QuickVote is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate. The results cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of Internet users in general, nor the public as a whole. The QuickVote sponsor is not responsible for content, functionality or the opinions expressed therein."

Maybe you guys missed this, but this isn't a scientific poll, meaning it has almost no signifance.

Surf

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't aee it happening in our lifetimes. I posted my reasoning for this in another post, I think. I think that the world was severely traumatized by it, and so long as there are people alive who whittnessed it, I find it unlikely. But given enough time, everything repeats. DrHoracid, I agree that there are currently many people persecuted for religion, and small-scale genocide. But if we are asking about the scale of THE Holocaust, I think it will be quite a while before the world relives that. That said, I don't believe that most people asked in 1938 would believe that the holocaust could happen. In fact, there are many people today who are denial, and believe it never happened.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't think so, at least not to the same extent...i.e. executions.
Herding and imprisonment though? Absolutely...the clock is ticking....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spike
I don't aee it happening in our lifetimes. I posted my reasoning for this in another post, I think. I think that the world was severely traumatized by it, and so long as there are people alive who whittnessed it, I find it unlikely. But given enough time, everything repeats. DrHoracid, I agree that there are currently many people persecuted for religion, and small-scale genocide. But if we are asking about the scale of THE Holocaust, I think it will be quite a while before the world relives that. That said, I don't believe that most people asked in 1938 would believe that the holocaust could happen. In fact, there are many people today who are denial, and believe it never happened.

Times change, but people don't. Given motive and opportunity, people will tend to fall into "ubermensch/untermensh" roles rather handily, and I fear, rather easily. Experiment after experiment confirms what Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, and other lesser "Gods" have said for eons. Basically, if you want to be good, you gotta rise above the norm. That's not to say that I am trying to ram a religious message, or a fervor for God down anyone's throat. I am saying that woman's/man's general tendency to spiral into depravity is, often, only offset by a conscious effort of will and imagination to find a better way.

But I could be wrong ...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Considering the muslim countries (except Jordan) walked out
of the holocost memorial this week - and the stuuuuuupid
remarks made by the PA security people about the
'so called' holocost ... ABSOLUTELY! A large chuhk of the
world refuses to admit the first holocost happened. So ...
definately more could. DEFINATELY!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is this poll dealing with only a Jewish holocaust? I mean dont we have a Holocaust going on in Africa as we speak.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
yes, very easily,
is there a stipulation on a time limit?,.. like ww2 duration

two names spring to mind on this question

pol pot
idi amin
surely they are not forgotten........

or should it be a different race from their own??

or just a different viewpont

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Is this poll dealing with only a Jewish holocaust? I mean dont we have a Holocaust going on in Africa as we speak.

Ya there have been other genocidal attempts that didnt envolve jews at all

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Duh?

Pol Pot, 2 million Cambodians
Rwanda 500,000 Hutus
Bosnia, Kosavo,Serbia Ethnic cleansing
Sudan Darfur

It happens all the time, just different parameters and window dressings.
Mass murder of one group of society killing another, usually race, religion or ideological beliefs are the excuse, but you have to wonder, do people just enjoy killing one another?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Genocide has been a common equation in history and even the tribes of the world did it to control territory . People would like to forget the history of the world but it has always been a brutal place based on death with a lack of compasion for human life.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Everybody either forgets or doesnot know that the Turkish Gov't did the samething to their slavic / armenian christians after world war 1. (1915) They slaughtered over 2 million armenian slav's. This has been acknowledged by countries like Canada who took some flack from Turkey just for admitting it happened.

Nobody ever metions what happened to these people within the same century.
If you don't believe me check out this link.
sf.indymedia.org...

I think I'll start a new link.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Everybody either forgets or doesnot know that the Turkish Gov't did the samething to their slavic / armenian christians after world war 1. (1915)
Nobody ever metions what happened to these people within the same century.

Yes, the world is full of holocausts - and it's getting worse. ...People justify continuing by saying "He did it first!" or "My atrocity is worse than your atrocity!"

Time to stop. Bury the hate and the hatchets, and build a better world.

new topics

top topics

join