It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue one: A Star Wars Stroy spoiler talk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Vader was a beast in his few seconds of screen time.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It seems the movie was heavy reshoot, many things in the trailers don't end in the movie, like vader on the death star, but the ending was definitely changed, in the trailer jyn is on the beach running with the plans, so the part with the princess that does not make sence to me could be a hasty change.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I thought it was great! Was probably the best star wars movie since empire strikes back. Donnie Yen was awesome and Vader at the end was just insane...almost like a scene from a horror flick. Quite liked how they tied it all into the first movie too.

The first movie I've seen at the cinema in a while where I didn't leave feeling like it was a waste of money.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

She was never on a diplomatic mission. Leia was a basass lying through her teeth to Vader.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's funny how the stormtrooper armor in these movies look like cheap plastic, and how they seem to be such as these supersoldiers go down with one blaster shot.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wanted to see it twice before I commented.

I really liked this film, I thought the plot was pretty solid, the acting was good and the film well-shot. I did like all the easter eggs, it was cool to see the X-wing pilots from Episode 4.

Best scene of course was Vader.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I kept on thinking porkin's would drop in.....alas he couldn't fit in his xwing that week.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'm surprised they didn't have more archival footage they could have thrown in.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The final 20 minutes was something of the most awesome I've seen of Stawars in decades. And Rogue One took some risks too, loved the CGI character use. Nice hommage to the old ^ Very good retro feel overall. And I saw my second most badass character since Boba Fett. Had some post apoc looking outfit, before they met with Saw.
edit on 26-12-2016 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just found out that some of the footage of the female x wing pilots were actual footage from Return of the Jedi which they cut out
edit on 26-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just found this. Alec Guiness got 2 and a quarter % of the profits

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Tarkin's role could have introduced a new high ranking officer (expanding the lore) and leia never needed to be actually shown.

Totally disagree. Tarkin and the Death Star went together like ham and eggs, and since Leia is the one who originally got the plans into R2, of course, she was needed.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And I saw my second most badass character since Boba Fett.

I never did understand the reverence for Boba....I mean, what all did he do? Get knocked into the Sarlaac pit?

Jango, on the other hand, going toe to toe (and to a draw) with one of the most gifted Jedi...now THAT is badass.....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Tarkin's role could have introduced a new high ranking officer (expanding the lore) and leia never needed to be actually shown.

Totally disagree. Tarkin and the Death Star went together like ham and eggs, and since Leia is the one who originally got the plans into R2, of course, she was needed.

But did you physically need to show them, or could they just be mentioned and off screen??

I'm not saying recast the role, just that the role didn't need to be played by that character.

If cgi hasn't progressed enough to do humans next to cgi humans and not come off creepy, then don't do it.

Have a young thrawn be tarkins go between or something and Just name drop them.

Have the white robbed chic just say "get this to leia".

I think the movie

top topics

<< 1   >>

join