It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Says US Is Arming ISIS, Introduces Bill to Stop It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I say a lot of things American brains do not wish to process its called normalcy bias just like Linus and his towel,many latch on to football,the Kardasians,phone apps and games,reality tv and whatever else to drown out the fact they know something is very,very wrong well that doesn't end well and the bad ending may be as close as next Monday.As well as Deny Ignorance this site has many experts in the custodian of the official narrative department,just be thankful you have discernment.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There have been so many things I saw confirming this over the
years that I am actually happy that she is trying to get a bill in
Congress making this illegal.

I hope this woman's bill passes, but I doubt very much that it
will and if it does, some devious people in our country will
figure another way to fund them.
The people our government helped are attacking our people
and the people of Europe..

There it always has been, Ricky... and will always be. That thorn
in our side is created by our own government making us pay for
their "wars of conquest" aka making the world safe for democracy.

What we're starting to get around here lately is that: the old school
pre-emptive FIX for a problem that didn't exist until we created it
isn't working anymore. Wow, the gimmick is of itself a losing gimmick.
The Dulles brothers would be embarrassed. Oh well...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: rickymouse
There have been so many things I saw confirming this over the
years that I am actually happy that she is trying to get a bill in
Congress making this illegal.

I hope this woman's bill passes, but I doubt very much that it
will and if it does, some devious people in our country will
figure another way to fund them.
The people our government helped are attacking our people
and the people of Europe..

There it always has been, Ricky... and will always be. That thorn
in our side is created by our own government making us pay for
their "wars of conquest" aka making the world safe for democracy.

What we're starting to get around here lately is that: the old school
pre-emptive FIX for a problem that didn't exist until we created it
isn't working anymore. Wow, the gimmick is of itself a losing gimmick.
The Dulles brothers would be embarrassed. Oh well...

The people of the world are connected via the net, people like to find the truth, people who are corrupt can't get away with lying to us so much anymore. We can share real evidence. There are still those who believe we will believe them just because of their crudentials but when those crudentials are proven to be tarnished, they keep on trying to be president. They try to get us to look the other way. If they want to go back to the old way, they need to kill the internet.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh this Lady is gonna get smeared real soon.

...or she could be in bed with a pillow over her face and just not wake up.

Stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I like where she is going with this. She's right, this has been happening for a long time, and why do we continue to let it happen? Let's hope she doesn't commit "Suicide" in the next few weeks for some odd reason....

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice to see a politician tell the truth.Thank You!I will be contacting my reps to see if they are on board with this.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Since I know quite a few people will try to attack the source, here is a video of her statements. BTW, she is a democrat, so it shows this is not a "republican conspiracy".

December 13, 2016 | Darius Shahtahmasebi

(ANTIMEDIA) Democratic Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has broken free of the corporate media’s narrative by accusing the United States of funding and arming terror groups al-Qaeda and ISIS.

“If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail,” Gabbard tweeted on Saturday.

If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail. Why does our gov get a free pass on this?

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) December 10, 2016

Most importantly, however, is her introduction of the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act,” which she presented last Thursday. In her presentation of the bill, Gabbard cited prominent publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to show that the rebels the U.S. is supporting in Syria are aligned with al-Nusra (which is essentially al-Qaeda in Syria).

She is co-sponsoring the bill with Rep. Thomas Massie, who says the bill “would prohibit the U.S. government from using American taxpayer dollars to provide funding, weapons, training, and intelligence support to terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS, or to countries who are providing direct or indirect support to those same groups.”

These concerns are not conjectures — they can be verified by none other than suspected war criminal Tony Blair. A think tank founded by the former U.K. Prime Minister released a report in 2015 that concluded it was ultimately pointless to make a distinction between the various rebel groups on the ground since the majority of these groups share ISIS’s core belief system (and would impose Sharia law if they came into power).

“The CIA has also been funneling weapons and money through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and others who provide direct and indirect support to groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda,” Gabbard stated on the House floor last week.

She went into more detail:

“The CIA has long been supporting a group called Fursan al Haqq, providing them with salaries, weapons, and support, including surface to air missiles. This group is cooperating with and fighting alongside an al-Qaeda affiliated group trying to overthrow the Syrian government. The Levant Front is another so-called moderate umbrella group of Syrian opposition fighters. Over the past year, the United States has been working with Turkey to give this group intelligence support and other forms of military assistance. This group has joined forces with al-Qaeda’s offshoot group in Syria.

“This madness must end. We must stop arming terrorists. The Government must end this hypocrisy and abide by the same laws that apply to its’ citizens.”

Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration are well aware of the support the Gulf states have provided to ISIS.

theantimedia.org...

So here we have a democrat Congresswoman confirming that the Obama administration, Hillary, and the CIA have been arming rebels which they know have ties to terrorist groups such as Fursan al Haqq and The Levant Front which have been fighting alongside al-Qaeda.

I wonder what new excuse will people come up with to dismiss this.

I though the NEW YORK TIMES and WSJ were FAKE NEWS?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

See here from Alternet last year:
The Curious Islamophobic Politics of Dem Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard
www.alternet.org...

And here:
Tulsi Gabbard may be a Democrat, but the 33-year-old congresswoman from Hawaii has endeared herself to right-wing hawks by showing a willingness to buck the president, and her party
www.nationalreview.com...

And here recently:
Trump: Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a high-profile Bernie Sanders supporter during the Democratic primaries, is “under serious consideration” for various Cabinet positions
abcnews.go.com...

This bill looks like she is auditioning..

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

See here from Alternet last year:
The Curious Islamophobic Politics of Dem Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard
www.alternet.org...

And here:
Tulsi Gabbard may be a Democrat, but the 33-year-old congresswoman from Hawaii has endeared herself to right-wing hawks by showing a willingness to buck the president, and her party
www.nationalreview.com...

And here recently:
Trump: Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a high-profile Bernie Sanders supporter during the Democratic primaries, is “under serious consideration” for various Cabinet positions
abcnews.go.com...

This bill looks like she is auditioning..

One of the articles mentions she's an Iraq War Veteran. Interesting. Do you think we haven't been arming terrorists in our disatourous and deceitful foreign policy?
edit on 16-12-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

then the US complained that Russian weapons were coming too close to US positions, which, coincidentally, were indistinguishable from ISIS positions.

Weird......not.

Perhaps some or total cooperation with the Russians militarily, or no troops there at all. Sounds like a risk our troops don't need to take being there without intel sharing and troop coordination.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

She is a badass. So sick of our country creating all of these "terrorists" and bombing the world to kingdom come IN OUR NAMES.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

She is a badass. So sick of our country creating all of these "terrorists" and bombing the world to kingdom come IN OUR NAMES.

Because obviously capitalism is better than communism and communists are the boogie man. Therefore its better to arm terrorist religious extremists.

Its like a lethal form of bipartisan politics.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Great video, thank you. It makes me somewhat ashamed to have any positive feelings towards the BBC & the Guardian, and others here in the UK (though I do love much of the reporting & the standards of journalist accountability - this isn't a totally compromised establishment). It seems like we're being forced to toe the line though, that certain powerful interests are shaping the narrative, the agenda - who knows exactly what they're after. It would seem that there is systemic misrepresentation from compromised 'sources/ observers' who in many instances can't even be shown to be 'on the ground' in Syria. There may very well be less than apparent active collusion from those who work within the Western media in terms of Syria reporting, but if everyone is receiving their information filtered through the false lens of psychological operations, the compromised sources, then journalists & media establishments may often believe they are reporting the situation as it is, when in fact they are painting the picture entirely in reverse.

Every time I see BS reports, or interviews with blatant 'crisis actors', I feel sick to my stomach at the corruption which is so readily discernible if one is prepared to run the gauntlet & discover what is actually happening. I also have a background feeling of fear, which is the direct result of knowing that I can see through many of the lies, and that by actively commenting on such matters, I could end up on some sort of watchlist. It wouldn't be a case of "I'm so special they put me on a watchlist.." - but rather I have this kind of gut feeling that to actively participate in any online discussion which tries to expose the lies, there is a chance of future disruption, perhaps minimally, to cut me down to size, for being an upstart, a stupid, uninformed, in over his head fool. Who knows, I'm not sure how this will all turn out, but I sincerely sense danger ahead, and not just for the Syrians, though God bless them, they need change.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Just like to say thanks for the thread.

I'll have to come back tomorrow, it's my bed-time.

HGN

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OK.
So it seems to me that she has seen enough evidence in order to motivate even writing up the bill----in the first place?

Is not that 'perceived-evidence' evidence enough to begin processing litigation against the individuals caught with their hands red, and in the public dole cookie jar?

Or, it has to be made law in order to prosecute?

It's f****d-up if none of our longtime career representatives/congress-folk ever thought we needed protection while investing our tax dollars in such a deplorable way----under the threat of national security....we are often given the revolving excuse.

While using msm to keep us up with kims butt and kanyas strut? Filler-fodder.

eta;
What I meant to say is that passing this bill would probably be in the interest of the people?
The same people who aren't so grossly over-insured in such the same way as our reps/cons?

Forgiveness is only available to those who show integrity while asking for it...
Take Jimmy Swaggart...James Baker...they may have hung their heads low, but they did it all the way to their bed(s) at night?

I say disperse the restitution into the retired/disabilities/elderly social fund? Perps are disallowed any entitlement- for life.

edit on (12/18/1616 by loveguy because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join