It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Says US Is Arming ISIS, Introduces Bill to Stop It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Since I know quite a few people will try to attack the source, here is a video of her statements. BTW, she is a democrat, so it shows this is not a "republican conspiracy".

December 13, 2016 | Darius Shahtahmasebi

(ANTIMEDIA) Democratic Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has broken free of the corporate media’s narrative by accusing the United States of funding and arming terror groups al-Qaeda and ISIS.

“If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail,” Gabbard tweeted on Saturday.

If you or I gave money, weapons or support to al-Qaeda or ISIS, we would be thrown in jail. Why does our gov get a free pass on this?

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) December 10, 2016

Most importantly, however, is her introduction of the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act,” which she presented last Thursday. In her presentation of the bill, Gabbard cited prominent publications such as the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to show that the rebels the U.S. is supporting in Syria are aligned with al-Nusra (which is essentially al-Qaeda in Syria).

She is co-sponsoring the bill with Rep. Thomas Massie, who says the bill “would prohibit the U.S. government from using American taxpayer dollars to provide funding, weapons, training, and intelligence support to terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and ISIS, or to countries who are providing direct or indirect support to those same groups.”

These concerns are not conjectures — they can be verified by none other than suspected war criminal Tony Blair. A think tank founded by the former U.K. Prime Minister released a report in 2015 that concluded it was ultimately pointless to make a distinction between the various rebel groups on the ground since the majority of these groups share ISIS’s core belief system (and would impose Sharia law if they came into power).

“The CIA has also been funneling weapons and money through Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar and others who provide direct and indirect support to groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda,” Gabbard stated on the House floor last week.

She went into more detail:

“The CIA has long been supporting a group called Fursan al Haqq, providing them with salaries, weapons, and support, including surface to air missiles. This group is cooperating with and fighting alongside an al-Qaeda affiliated group trying to overthrow the Syrian government. The Levant Front is another so-called moderate umbrella group of Syrian opposition fighters. Over the past year, the United States has been working with Turkey to give this group intelligence support and other forms of military assistance. This group has joined forces with al-Qaeda’s offshoot group in Syria.

“This madness must end. We must stop arming terrorists. The Government must end this hypocrisy and abide by the same laws that apply to its’ citizens.”

Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration are well aware of the support the Gulf states have provided to ISIS.

theantimedia.org...

So here we have a democrat Congresswoman confirming that the Obama administration, Hillary, and the CIA have been arming rebels which they know have ties to terrorist groups such as Fursan al Haqq and The Levant Front which have been fighting alongside al-Qaeda.

I wonder what new excuse will people come up with to dismiss this.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You're not familiar with this woman? She's a breathe of fresh air within the corrupt and moronic Democratic party.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The first indication that this may indeed be true was when [TRIGGER WARNING] Vlad achieved more in 96hrs than what the US government had done for over a year in bombing ISIS strongholds earlier this year, then the US complained that Russian weapons were coming too close to US positions, which, coincidentally, were indistinguishable from ISIS positions.

Weird......not.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you, Rep. Gabbard. With the political climate change, maybe she will be heard. Patriots are breaking out all over.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And she's from Obama's birth state. I'm surprised there hasn't been a huge propaganda campaign waged against her.

Obama's birth set aside, something can be said about the people that live in a recognized US state that resides thousands of miles off the mainland. They have all the laws and freedoms of the contiguous states, however they haven't the burden of the cultural ideology that is disseminated from the mainland.

As a Hawaiian, her perspective on the world is less diluted and more objective.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Actually, she was a Sanders supporter. Trump also interviewed her for a cabinet position.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
She better be prepared, because the wolves will be coming for her. They wont like this at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh this Lady is gonna get smeared real soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This will pass only if we purge Congress of Pelosi , McConnell , McCain and a few more.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Bravo, more people are finally taking the plunge and waking up to all the BS some groups are committing under the shroud if secrecy, good for her!

We have to hope and believe that she'll be alright and good. The Interest will fight and when they FAIL it will embolden more to fight for change.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
She better be prepared, because the wolves will be coming for her. They wont like this at all.

Indeed, I bet she will be painted as a nut who consumed to much fake news. I doubt this bill will go anywhere. Not with the big mafia cartells (media, MIT, energy, chem/pharma, finance) in charge, and it certainly doesn't look like that is going to change any time soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am watching people dancing in the streets on RT and Al Jezeera then I turn to CNN and hear about atrocities being committed in the same city and then this psycho bitch US ambassadress to the UN dressing down Russia for defeating ISIS the sad thing is they have been in control of the narrative for so long that they believe their own bs so strongly they are not going to figure out they have zero credibility until its way too late.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You're not familiar with this woman? She's a breathe of fresh air within the corrupt and moronic Democratic party.

It looks like you may be right.

I got goosebumps reading that.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
She was mentioned by this group that gave a press briefing at the UN

December 9th 2016 Press Briefing by Syrian Mission. Speakers: Sara flounders, Activist, Donna Nassor, lawyer and human rights and peace activist, Dr. Bahman Azad, Member of the Coordinating Committee for the Hands Off Syria and Organization Secretary of US Peace Council, and Eva Bartlett, Independent Canadian Journalist.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The first indication that this may indeed be true was when [TRIGGER WARNING] Vlad achieved more in 96hrs than what the US government had done for over a year in bombing ISIS strongholds earlier this year, then the US complained that Russian weapons were coming too close to US positions, which, coincidentally, were indistinguishable from ISIS positions.

Weird......not.

Well Putin and Assad are not worried about killing and maiming civilians which is the big difference in policy from the US. ANY civilian death caused by the US is used against it internationally and at home but how many deaths have you heard the Russian strikes causing and the backlash against Russia for it in the international press or from its own people?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you for that link, watching it/listening as i type this.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
US.gov is employing Al Qaeda too:

Embedded with Al-Qaeda in Syria: ISIS and al-Nusra

I know everyone seems to not care about 9/11 anymore, but I do.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Swills

It looks like you may be right.

I got goosebumps reading that.

Me too

I think we are watching the last gasps of the military industrial complex, or at least I hope we are.
But like a cornered animal I think they are at their most dangerous and all the stops will be pulled out, hopefully they will realise the game is up and the incessant propaganda and "fake news" they are spewing will be the end of it

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There have been so many things I saw confirming this over the years that I am actually happy that she is trying to get a bill in congress making this illegal. A direct path brings the money and weapons right to the terrorist groups. It is intended to be given to the groups trying to take over Syria.

I know that it is our and our allies fault for the big mess in Syria, we gave the groups incentives and backed them with money and weapons. Most of this happened under the Obama Administration. But it was going on before too, we actually originally funded Al Qaeda to get started, even Saddam from what I read. Saddam was controlling these groups in his country and evidently we did not like that, we waged a war using false evidence to overthrow him. Then when we got the new government going and they wanted to go on their own, Obama did not consider letting us go back and help them when these groups attacked their people. Even many of his generals said we should go, but no, he replaced some of the generals that questioned his decision. That is one of the only things I really dislike about the Obama administration, they are letting and promoting people to die in these countries by supporting these groups that are trying to take over that area. That is my opinion anyway.

I hope this womans bill passes, but I doubt very much that it will and if it does, some devious people in our country will figure another way to fund them. And Our government has the gall to complaining about Putin trying to influence the election. Look what we are doing in Syria, if that isn't interfering in another governments business what is. What about Iran and Iraq, we didn't interfere in their governments unless they are attacking us. The people our government helped are attacking our people and the people of Europe..

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Surprising you got only four stars until I showed up.
#5 means nothing as well... the truth is turning into a
real pain in the butt to the CIA (Mormon Mafia) and
the FBI (Old Money). Just wish the people most involved
in making us slaves for their own good get exposed be-
fore the big burial shroud again. Nothing like a war....
but this post just like Abe Lincoln's cautionary will
invariably get ignored like state's rights. Enjoy your pizza.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join