It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO disc-shaped object captured crossing moon's surface

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I came across this today and thought it needed a look from my fellow members.
As some of you know, I do have quite the fascination with the moon and too see something this big appear to be flying across it does tend to make one pause and wonder.

A couple quotes from the article:

Mystery surrounds the object which appeared from out of the blue as the Miami Observatory in Florida streamed a feed of the lunar surface on December 3.
The dark circle-shaped shadow is captured above the moon, sparking theories from a well-known UFO enthusiast that it is a craft created by an intelligent species.

Of course there are the naysayers that this is nothing, but I do like the fact that is was captured by the Miami Observatory in a live feed.

As you can see in the video below, whatever is casting the shadow has to be pretty massive I would think.

Like I said, I think it at least it deserves a look. It is a pretty short video, but it does take a brief moment before the object appears.

I myself am scratching my head about it because it does appear to be somewhat distorted at one point. I think we can safely rule out bird and plane though crossing in front of the camera.

What do you folks think of this?

Link to FULL ARTICLE

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

That's crazy! What is it

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

UFO video with added music on youtube = hoax.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Very interesting! Using pause/go method in the video, the object does seem distorted at certain points. Is hard to tell if that is a flat round object, or a ball, of some kind... Good Post here!!

edit on 14-12-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Seems to be an object and not a shadow - to me at least.

So either 1) big and far away (asteroid maybe?) or 2) small and close.

Hard to tell size without knowing the distance.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think the first challenge is to identify the observatory.

If you search for 'Miami Observatory' you don't get very far.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A shadow wouldn't totally blot out the terrain below it, looks like a crap video edit to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well the moon's surface was oscillating, very much like the the surface was liquid. We know it's not, so I have a feeling some thing was added to try and fool us.

I'm sure there are many members on this great site who would want something like this to be real, me included, but it just doesn't look right.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
oh look, a double post.

I had bacon for dinner this evening and it always repeats on me.
edit on 14/12/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd say some sort of hoax, unless theres millions of people who have looked at the moon and not noticed it wobbles like jelly over the years, plus its fox so hardly the cutting edge of news reporting.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This 'thing' (if it isn't outright CGI) isn't suffering from the same amount of atmospheric turbulence as the moon, meaning it's close to the telescope, and therefore out of focus.

Could be a bird, a bat, a plane, a balloon... or CGI

I would say almost certainly it's been edited in afterwards though...

edit on 14-12-2016 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: onehuman

UFO video with added music on youtube = hoax.

All of your posts here with or without added music = meaningless disinfo

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Syx

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
DailyFail has a link to this story.

The Mirror has a link to this story.

That alone makes me question the crap out of it.

Couple that with the fact that all sources are referring to "The Miami Observatory" and yet....no such entity appears to exist?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
At that magnification anything whipping past the lens is possible weirdness. Even eating bacon, grease molecules and #!

No phage? lol

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's the original video (and the source of the Miami Observatory AKA P&K SpaceImaging)

Quote: www.youtube.com...

This is a two man operation.

1. Paul: Miami Florida. Paul has vast knowledge of telescopes and astronomy and is working the scope feed 98% of the time. Without him, this channel doesn't exist.

2. Keith: Lancaster Pennsylvania. Keith gets the feed from Paul and sends the imaging through professional software to get the clearest views possible. This allows us to zoom in on craters with amazing detail.

It is in our nature to be explorers. We are taking space exploration back into our hands. NASA has done some brilliant things in its lifetime but there are serious questions raised whether they are telling us the whole truth about certain things. This is where we come in. We will lock onto the moon every chance we get with high powered telescopes and search for proof that NASA has been withholding information from not only the American People, but from the world. Come join us as we search the stars.

edit on 14-12-2016 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Very nice and thank you for adding this.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My 2 cents (canadian no less)...

No atmospheric disturbance would seem to scream "BALLOON!" to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

I would say you make a good point but disagree, it is on the shot for multiple frame's so must have been a great distance away or at a considerable altitude, the further away the slower it would seem to move though it is obviously closer than the moon how much closer and at the distance of medium to high it would have to be a pretty large balloon to even be more than a dot on the image, it could have been closer but we need to know the imaging apparatus used, the focal length and aperture/lens size to even begin to make guess, then perhaps some of our more photographically inclined member's could make a better judgement.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This "UFO" strikes me as... odd... It's perfectly in focus (look at the bottom right/top left circle, completely sharp details) except the directional blur... Yet there is literally no features. It's a black circle/ball. It really cant be in the lower atmosphere of earth because it would zip by so fast it'd barely be captured on a frame, unless it's going at like 20km/h. It being near the moon and having such sharp details with no distortions... Dont really buy that either. It doesnt make any visual sense except for being one thing - a hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join