It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO disc-shaped object captured crossing moon's surface

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

As opposed to a UFO video with no music means what?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
The blurriness is an atmospheric effect present because the moon is such a distant object. Everything filmed from earth through earths atmosphere will have a fuzzy haze overlay because the lens is penetrating earth's atmosphere.

Not saying this isn't a pure hoax. Just saying that all videos of the moon, or even videos of Area 51 filmed through a telescope from tikaboo peak look blurry/hazy.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: gspat

I would say you make a good point but disagree, it is on the shot for multiple frame's so must have been a great distance away or at a considerable altitude, the further away the slower it would seem to move though it is obviously closer than the moon how much closer and at the distance of medium to high it would have to be a pretty large balloon to even be more than a dot on the image, it could have been closer but we need to know the imaging apparatus used, the focal length and aperture/lens size to even begin to make guess, then perhaps some of our more photographically inclined member's could make a better judgement.

A balloon won't travel any faster than the winds carrying it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It looks too slow for an asteroid I would have thought.
It could easily be a hoax, I noticed there's a detached shadow following the main shadow North-east of it. Possibly an artifact of the alpha'd image they used if its a hoax. The shadow doesn't appear to 'ripple' with the video quality also.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

As you can see in the video below, whatever is casting the shadow has to be pretty massive I would think.

I'm not ceratin if the main blob is the object or a shadow. An object in the dark against the backlit Moon could look like that.

I myself am scratching my head about it because it does appear to be somewhat distorted at one point. I think we can safely rule out bird and plane though crossing in front of the camera.

I admit it isn't bird-shaped, but why would the distortion rule out bird or some other earthly object between the camera and the Moon?

If the object was high in the sky, then the atmospheric rippling we see with the Moon would also affect the object. If the object were VERY close to the camera, then the entire thickness of the atmosphere (causing the rippling) would NOT be between the object and the camera. If the object were in Earth's sky relatively low but not real close to the camera, then there would be a lesser amount of rippling caused by atmospheric distortion

- More atmosphere between the object and the camera = more atmospheric distortion.

- Less atmosphere between the object and the camera = less atmospheric distortion.

edit on 2016-12-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Not really trying to get into semantics, but since you qouted me, if you look, I actually said, "I think we can safely rule out bird and plane crossing in front of the camera." I was pretty specific about only two things and not "Any other earthly object." I must have been right about that at least because the thread hasn't been filled with one liners that is a bird or plane, which most of the time these kind of threads are.

I do appreciate your explanation of the distortion though. If I understand it correctly more or less, if it is a solid object we are seeing then it is probably a earthly object. If it is a shadow, then we are back to head scratcher? I don't think a ballon no matter how high in our sky would be able to cast a shadow like that on the moon correct?

This is not directed at you, but the thread in general. I do wish to address the comments about videos with music added. I seriously don't think a video should be tossed out right away because there is music with it. Not everyone thinks with a scientific brain, cold and calculating. Some folks are artist by nature and if you think about it, a big basis of videos on YouTube just have music as a part of them.

I have had a couple things I had seen in the past and while I made the video with music, it didn't rule out the fact that I seriously wanted to know people's opinion on what I saw. I was not trying to "Hoax" anybody. Not by a long shot and far from my intention. To just assume because music is added is a automatic hoax or cgi is kind of like throwing the baby out with the bath water IMHO.

I've been around this forum for quite awhile and have learned over the years of things to look for now before presenting something. Learned the good old fashion ATS way, and sometimes the hard way. Luckily my learning days were a few years ago when members were more likely to try and help with explanations and not attacks.

So, for me to present something here now, as I always mention, I think it deserves a look. One of my reasons for brining this one as I mentioned was because it was from a live feed. I forget which member it is, but they presented the original video towards the bottom of the first page which I think is much better. I wish that one had been the one I had seen and brought to the table. Well worth looking at that one if you haven't yet.

(post by fromtheskydown removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just to place a little perspective on it, this the moon as seen from Miami on that date. The red square is the area covered by the video, and the arrow shows the direction across it. Bear in mind that as this is viewed through a scope, the original image is inverted.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Very true but just to go off the main subject I have personally seen a spheroid or disc object, it was no baloon I assure you and was travelling AGAINST high wind's very fast, jet fighter fast I have seen plenty of tornado swing wing's in training near where I live, this was night time and back in the 90's, sodium street light's provided a great deal of light pollution and this thing was flying at the base of the low cloud layer which as so brightly illuminated, the bottom was highly reflective almost like a mirror or domed metal surface and it was totally silent though there was a gale force wind blowing in the opposite direction to it's heading so maybe that just occluded the sound from me, it flew right over me and toward a well known scientific research establishment but one that most certainly does not have any form or aerodrome, I only saw this for a few second's and what made me look up was that feeling Like I felt I Was being watched so take that as you shall, alien, terrestrial I do not care but it was an object, not a baloon and it was flying at very high speed against a gale, no light's on it and brief glimpse of it seeming a sphere or disc a highly reflective domed mirror like base.

Now while I can not say what this object was I can most certainly tell you it was no swamp gas (though with my diet there must be some around) or balloon and likewise I feel it is highly unlikely that the one on this thread's video was either though as to what it was I also have no idea.

I can not rule out a balloon but like I say feel that is extremely unlikely, shame it is all digital these day's, multiple frame's and a known focal length could have been used to computer reconstruct it otherwise, kind a reverse digital focus based on date from multilple frame's and known focal distortion level's for different focal length's, I am pretty certain that your spy agency's over in the US have had that kind of tech for decade's and have heard that the FBI or one of those other US alphabet agency's apparently has such a software setup for analyzing low resolution cctv which they can then enhance to near UHD level's, shame something like that is not available to the public but hey.

Now I am going to add a Youtube video, nasa material, the uploader for this iteration thing's aliens' etc and I am not going to dispute them but want you to listen to something CAREFULLY.

There is a well known use of Code Word's and phased to put the public off and allow coded communication with NASA and there was even then such a system in place but even with these Astronaut's being the best of the best they were and are still human being's and under stress sometime's make a slip or in this case partial slip.

Let me put it this way "You know we could sample of of the Electro --- White coloured rock's", 6.07 to 6.09

My reason for this is to demonstrate that some of your own conception's may be wrong or at least not as accurate as you believe, what if there is ancient technology on the moon, what if we are a second evolution or creation of intelligence on earth or even a botany bay of criminal's put back on the earth by a race whom left it long ago, now that is not my belief but what if, could there be craft that are NOT our's in the sky and could they sometime's be seen, captured on video and not be fake's.
Then you have also to ask yourself who is this reflected in this guy's visor, another astronaut not on the rosta or perhaps a set manager at area 51 if your into that.

The Let's get the hell out of here panic in his voice is at 1.09, note the transition from the calm voice to the raise stressed voice from 1.08 and before, thanks' the video uploader for this, great observation.

edit on 15-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

He says no such thing. The video quaity of the first one is dreadful - there are much better ones available and the transcript confirms he does not use those words. The second one is also much poorer quality than what is out there, and the reflection in the visor is just part of the rover. There is no rising panic in his voice, it is just his voice, and it is Schmitt's voice not Cernan's that we hear. If they were in such a panic to get out of there they managed to stay at that spot discussing things for another few minutes before departing for the next bit of the EVA, which lasted for another couple of hours, and then stay on the moon for another EVA the following day.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Then you have also to ask yourself who is this reflected in this guy's visor, another astronaut not on the rosta or perhaps a set manager at area 51 if your into that.

I'm not sure exactly what part of that reflection I'm supposed to be concentrating on, but couldn't the reflection that you think looks like a person be a reflection of the TV video camera, which is mounted to a mast on the rover, or maybe a reflection of some other piece of equipment on the rover or elsewhere? Can you please show me exactly what part of the reflection is what you think is another person?

Here is a still-camera picture of the remote-controlled TV camera mounted to the rover (the gold Mylar-covered item near the lower left of the image, mounted on a mast). This picture is roughly the same angle view as the TV camera footage in the YouTube video you posted:

Hi-Res version of that image:
history.nasa.gov...

edit on 2016-12-16 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That is a good reply, I will concede you have provided a nice shot but is it the same scene exactly from the same angle, the visor is after all a curved surface and while it may not be a being and could simply be something else, what else, at least at one part it does seem to be a roughly human shaped figure in a space suit.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

No he does not I typed one word twice when he only said it once, what he say's is.
"You know we could sample of the Electro --- White coloured rock's", 6.07 to 6.09

Actually,

"OK... You know we could sample of the Elect, WHITE coloured grey matter of fact this block look's different".

Listen, replay, listen, replay, listen.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Nope, he says:

"Geno, we can sample some of the..er..light-colored group...As a matter of fact, this block looks different."

Listen, replay, listen, replay, listen.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That is a good reply, I will concede you have provided a nice shot but is it the same scene exactly from the same angle, the visor is after all a curved surface and while it may not be a being and could simply be something else, what else, at least at one part it does seem to be a roughly human shaped figure in a space suit.

Well, sure. I suppose it could be something else. However, considering the YouTube video you posted is of the TV Camera feed, and the Gene Cernan is standing right in front of that TV camera, it seems that the TV camera would appear in his visor.

And, but the way, that photo I posted of the rover with the TV camera mounted on it is pretty much taken from roughly the same angle as the video feed. The main difference is the YouTube video came from the TV camera mounted on the rover, while the still image below is taken from behind that TV camera.

I annotated the two images to show some image landmarks:

A still from the YouTube video you posted (with my annotations):

Image AS17-134-20476 (with my annotations):

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I am sorry labtech but those 2 videos and the claims are just ridiculous. The first video keeps drawing red boxes over small areas saying "SEE. NOW YOU KNOW" and i cannot for the life of me imagine what i was suppose to be seeing there no matter how hard i tried and no matter how often they put these red boxes around them.

I also agree with "onebigmonkeytoo" I did not hear him say "electro" anywhere.

I had to resort to the comments section and read those to figure out what i was supposed to see and even there i could not find anyone who saw what we were SUPPOSED to see. In fact i still dont really know what i was supposed to see in that first video can you clarify please??

The second video is not much different tbh but i agree with the top comment so il just quote that:

We are suppose to pay attention and notice inflections in a astronauts voice who is speaking through a noise ridden radio transmission and you guys mask it by throwing a dance track over it.....Genius.... Seems legit.. I have btw no...clue...what you people think you are seeing in the reflection. Maybe if you doodled a alien shaped outline where you think you see it, that will most likely help others also "See" it. lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
I'd say some sort of hoax, unless theres millions of people who have looked at the moon and not noticed it wobbles like jelly over the years, plus its fox so hardly the cutting edge of news reporting.

To be fair that is just normal atmospheric interference cause by looking through parts of the atmosphere blown up a lot to be able to see so close to the surface of the moon.

This is far from something unknown, in fact i am very surprised this is something new and out of place to you.

Fun little detail, flat heads (flat earth believers) claim that effect is there because of water behind the "Firmament"

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I like that explanation for the possible reflection, the truth is that it is rather indistinct and for that reason it could be almost anything, indeed it is one where the argument of seeing what people want to see is more than valid, I would like to see an upgraded supercomputer variation on that Nvidia graphic's simulation with more correct light ray calculation's used to try to explain it though, of course in time someone will do just that.

And it will probably turn out to have a rather mundane explanation.

edit on 17-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I am sorry but I have to disagree, they are not hoax video's though you may disagree with there interpretation of them.

Indeed even what I heard does not mean anything as sometime's people garble there word's for no reason, just being on the moon in a space suit despite being euphoric would have been also highly stressful and indeed NASA had full feed's on the astronaut's biological function's (to the best of there technical ability of the time) in order to watch for stress as any sign of it could cause the HUMAN element to behave outside of the controlled parameters the operation required and this is true regardless of what they did or did not encounter or find.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I definitely dont think these videos are fake but that is mainly because i cannot see what the poster and editor of the video's say that i should see and believe me i tried !

I actually would LOVE to see some alien figure in the reflection but at least in that video it is clear to me what they claim there is to be seen.

In the first video i still have absolutely no clue and they are constantly pointing at it in the video but i see nothing.
Could you post some still of where you think you see it all?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join