It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tweets that F-35 program is costly---Lockheed Stock Drops--Trumps says Cuts, Billions...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think 9 f18's in the last year.

Oops, that's 9 in the last 6 months.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-12-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

The F-35 has evaded every radar used against it. Every. One. That means every US system and every foreign one we have in our inventory.

Nice try though. The F-35 is the most advanced plane there is, bar none.
edit on 12-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And will be for a long time.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Russians make great planes. I betcha Putin would sell us all we wanted and a lot cheaper too!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
The Russians make great planes. I betcha Putin would sell us all we wanted and a lot cheaper too!

Paying them to take our astronauts to space is embarrassing enough.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

The trick is to put the engines at 100% before takeoff to make sure they don't explode. Then you are good to go.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What are the average losses in 6 months? Is this do to age? How old was the plane/planes? What is the issue? Throwing money around is a horrible idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Go globalization.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

These were legacy planes and all went down for various issues.
The fleet is gettin old and needs replacements. People wouldn't dream of driving a 30 year old car everyday.
The projected cost of the f35 is a trillion dollars.
That's for 2000+ aircraft with 60 years of maintainence included.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
F-35 was supposed to be the cheapest stealth combat aircraft ever built. Ironically now it's the most expensive. I would say the program needs to be axed and make improvements to the semi-autonomous combat UCAV projects.

A.I. Combat UCAVs are the future.

As long as Congress doesnt screw the program over like the F-22, B-2 or the Zumwalts, the per unit price of the F-35 should be very competitive.

Sorry but untill we get the latency issues fixed AI will not be in control.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Given that the contracts are barely going through for 50 aircraft I don't see them making 2000

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They have already produced over 180.
When the plane gets the kinks worked out production should jump.

The goverment has two choices.
Order a bunch of f35s
Or
Reduce the missions expected of the military because they will not be able to keep enough planes in the sky.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Then the cost is $25 billion. For 60 years of use.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I like how Lockheed responded! "We welcome the opportunity..." which is a nice intro to say, "Look here dumb @ss..."

Seems the President-elect is only looking at the money. There are other items in play here. 146,000 well trained employees for one. The Pres-elect wants 'Merican jobs, right? Lockheed does a lot more than just build F-35s. They could probably handle taking a hundred percent cut off from the program. Then turn right around and make fusion reactors and watch their stock soar all while screwing over the President's ridiculous energy plan.

All Lockheed needs is a full order on their hybrid airships and they can start pumping those out too. And their grid-level storage batteries are on their way.

The President needs to learn not tweet out things like that! His words have consequences.

Lockheed shares were down 4.2% at $248.51 in morning trading

BBCnews.com

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i would rather stop building air craft carriers, most countries have 1 or 2 anyway, there is no need for 14 nuclear aircraft carriers that can be taken out by a single anti ship missile

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

I know, that's happened so many times. Can you link all the times US carriers have been taken out like that so we can laugh?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Trumps doing the right thing but he is treading on dangrous grounds......

A bullet from the MIC may end up finding him....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can repeat that until your blue in the face and they wont listen because they dont understand what this aircraft can actually do. Our resident aircraft moderator has repeated those points plus some so many times he ought to put them in his signature.

I`m all for Lockheed Martins stocks to fall, better time to drop some coin into LMT and let what come may for the next 10 years.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Well I hope it can deal with 100's or 1000's of suicide drones that cost 1000 of $ and not millions to make taking them out. We need to look ahead, and I find it hard to believe this is it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Believe Zaphod then, its hard to make someone unfamiliar with this tech understand how big of a game changer this aircraft and more importantly its systems are compared to well everything else thats flying right now.

The closest analogy I can provide, fighting in the F35 is like playing Falcon 4.0 with Ace Combat automation, so much load is taken off the pilot they are blown away by the level of sophistication. The ground crews also have a much easier time in doing their tasks maintaining the aircraft but you dont hear much from the flight line guys.

There is nothing wrong with the aircraft and the money spent on it and related systems now will only help keep costs down for future aircraft. And they are coming and they are going to be huge, youre going to love them. (Fingers crossed for F-14 replacement.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join