It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LENR - Cold Fusion is real!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So i wanted to reignite this thread to see what peoples opinions are now of Rossi's LENR venture or just LENR in general.
Has your opinion changed since this thread was posted? Do you still think Rossi is a scam-artist?

Intel that I have says that Rossi is onto a new heat conversion method that works apparently %50 effecient in converting heat to electricity. He's still hanging in there and he won that court case against Industrial Heat for a good $100Mil or so apparently on the grape vine.
So post your current thoughts, I'm interested to hear..

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lonnyz0ne
I was thinking of making a thread on cold fusion/LENR but this subject hasn't shown much interest lately so that's why I didn't.

The two key points in the thread would have been these:
1. Rossi is almost certainly a fraud who probably used the ground conductor to fake the results of his tests. The excess energy was likely coming from the ground wire, not from any LENR, even in the test he was paid 10 million dollars for.

No he didn't "win" his court case, you don't understand what happened if you think that he did. The case was settled. Industral heat wasn't even allowed to watch the test they paid $10 million dollars for, and they thought they had been defrauded, which they almost certainly had been. So, they never paid the other $89 million dollars, which would have given Industrial Heat some rights to the technology. That's what Rossi sued for, the other $89 million, which they didn't pay and he's not going to get according to the settlement. So now, Industrial Heat has no rights to the technology, which they don't care about since they decided it was worthless after they figured out they were being scammed. Rossi did get to keep the $10 million though, for the fraudulent test, but I don't think he'll ever get another dime from Industrial Heat. Now he's free to try to find some other sucker since he didn't sell the technology to IH, just a fraudulent $10 million "test".

2. There really is cold fusion that works, the problem is that it's not economical, and has the same problem as hot fusion does so far which is that you have to put more energy in than you get out. It's not a new thing, it was discovered in the 1950s. There are some proposals on the table for ways to make it economical and cost effective, which might be possible with some innovation, but the vast majority of the "cold fusion" or LENR scams out there are not working on the "real" cold fusion method that actually works but just isn't economical yet. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that someday, such cold fusion might become economical, but unlike Rossi's scam which doesn't emit radiation, real cold fusion emits lots of radiation so you probably won't be buying a portable cold fusion unit to put in your home even if they can get it working economically; it takes a lot of shielding to get the radiation down to a safe level outside the cold fusion reactor.

I may yet make a thread on the topic but don't have time at the moment.

edit on 20191210 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join