It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone has cleaned Curiosity on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's if we believe all we are told about this. The Investigator in me tells me there's more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It looks like powdercoated, this stuff is rigid. It could also have been a micro meteor. Don´t know the chances of it being eaten up by the thin atmosphere but that could be another possibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

However, although I have provided an explanation for the marks, I fail to find a confident explanation for the difference between these two pictures:

Thats because you're biased towards the whole rover project being faked, right? But the 'rover dust maids' aren't smart enough to clean the whole thing evenly so you spotted the places they 'touched' it with their dust cloth, riiight?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

That's if we believe all we are told about this. The Investigator in me tells me there's more to this than meets the eye.

Yah, Mars is not earth like conditions...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

True, but that's what we've been blindly told.

People have been Questioning NASA a lot lately, what do you think about that?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

It looks like powdercoated, this stuff is rigid. It could also have been a micro meteor. Don´t know the chances of it being eaten up by the thin atmosphere but that could be another possibility.

Wheres the experts I'm choking in the dust.

It would seem to me that some of the attraction from dust is due to static conditions generated by the rover, too. I agree with the powder coating look, the dust is fine as talcum powder on Mars.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The two twists of the cable exactly correlates the two major marks on the tube.

I think the cables can resist a bit of abrasion. The onboard chip would probably fail from age by the time the abrasion would have been deep enough to affect current transfer.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
However, although I have provided an explanation for the marks, I fail to find a confident explanation for the difference between these two pictures:

In the second picture, Curiosity is cleaner as a whole. I can see it both on the grain of the main cable and the shine of the camera-closest loop of cable, and it's also visible on the tube (the marks seem gone).

Mars has low atmospheric pressure. It's possible that a low pressure storm somehow vacuumed / blew the dust away.

Looks a lot cleaner, but those pictures seem to be different resolutions, at the very least, different lighting. The first picture gives more detail, it is a different time of day I would think.
edit on 11-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I think the cables can resist a bit of abrasion.

Thats because you're not a cable harness engineer. Cable harness routing is primarily concerned with abrasion, especially on space missions say to other planets where there are no repair facilities.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That´s what went through my head, too, static attraction. By the way, I ment powdercoated on earth, it uses the same principle, electro static attraction of the poweder and then melting it on the surface (in case you did not know)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Due to the atmosphere being so thin, I conclude it would take longer for the dust to clean up as it would on earth. Probably by the factor x = earth´s atmospheric density / mars´s atmospheric density. Just a thougtplay.

Thought play is good. They did experiments on dust. From that wiki...

The Materials Adherence Experiment had a glass plate that allowed the dust to be cleared off and protected a Gallium arsenide photo-cell. It was part of the Mars Pathfinder program in the 1990s.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats because you're not a cable harness engineer. Cable harness routing is primarily concerned with abrasion, especially on space missions say to other planets where there are no repair facilities.

You would then both be right. These ties were specifically engineered to resist abrasion and corrosion and were engineered for both that and the placement was specifically chosen.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Have u ever heard of sandblasting?
Dust/sand or any fine hard particles can definitely clean dusty/dirty surfaces. However, if anyone hasn't read the thread about the mars rovers actually being on Devon island in Canada, check it out. www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's extremely interesting. Especially the mars rodent pic that looks suspiciously like an artic lemming, which are native to Devon island.

If you don't want to read the entire thread, here's a website that has a good summary of the points (that the author probably copied directly from the ats thread) but then turns into a bunch of secret space program conspiracy stuff. So read at ur own risk. Lol
humansarefree.com...
edit on 11-12-2016 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is it possible the pictures are of two different tire/wheel assemblies? They look identical but I doubt that when building this they just put cable ties on randomly.

On a side note, I saw a pic of Curiosity before it left, that thing is pretty darn big. I had, for some reason, thought it was kinda small, like the robots you see on the robot fighting show...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: intrptr

You would then both be right. These ties were specifically engineered to resist abrasion and corrosion and were engineered for both that and the placement was specifically chosen.

Theres these different standards related to manufacture and assembly of electronic stuff. Stuff launching into space and landing on other planets has probably the highest risk of failure due to vibration, shock, radiation exposure, etc. NASA has the highest standards.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

People have been Questioning NASA a lot lately, what do you think about that?

Always question.

NASA, sometimes referred to as Never A Straight Answer, right? I agree.

I think they know a lot more than they tell about encounters and evidence of aleens, craft, etc.

I don't think they 'fake' missions though. They want to find 'other life' as much as we do. Even more.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Nice catch. Very interesting. There was a thread I saw about Mars Anomalies and in one photo it looked like the shadow of a person that was working on the rover.

A long time ago there was a story that a person working at JPL or NASA that had a camera feed from the main control area in another room. She claimed to see 2 beings (that looked like humans in space suits and helmets walking toward the rover. Their feed quit working suddenly and she went to the control room but the door was locked and had paper covering the window within the door. It wasn't locked with paper blocking the window until that occurred. I also have no idea what came of the thread.

Some people were talking about a possible breakaway civilization and others a possible military program that isn't supposed to be known.

Shh. those are the non terrestrial research officers for the future mars colony. That they will erect in record time(since its already built) Seriously though...that is strange and right up NASAS Alley.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
One theory I've heard more than once, and it makes the most sense to me, is that there is a form of natural electrostatic cleaning that is taking place.

It makes more sense than wind, which would only deposit more dust in my opinion. Though things might not work exactly the same on Mars as they do here, I've never had any of my belongings come out cleaner after a wind storm.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't want to steer the conversation away, but am I wrong in thinking the 3rd pic in op shows the wheel not being aligned with the track it just left?... ...

As for the photo showing the rover being cleaner, if it is wind that cleaned it, it is surprising to see it cleaned equally on all surfaces. Usually with obstacles like cables, or something more elevated, dust accumulates. Like when driving with a car that has no roof. On the other side of the windshield, the wind changes direction and goes toward direction of movement.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

Wind...Nasa attributed the wind to cleaner off the solar collectors on one of the rovers which led to some increased power..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join