It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone has cleaned Curiosity on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Is this it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Turns out to be a hoax if this is what you were referring to.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I cant see what you guys are talking about.

The dirt looks the same to me but just at different light levels due to orientation or time of day.

That aside. Its possible the mitaries space program is just a weeee bit more advanced than the public and NASA knows.

Theres that guy from jpl who claimed that something from earth was communicating seemingly faster than light and countermanding orders from jpl. Basically communicating faster than a signal from earth to mars can travel. But the rover has no such equipment to do so. Just an antenna for recieving orders from earth.

However if true, thani speculate phase conjugate laser set up for communication betwen satellite relays. Between satellites in earth orbit and a constellation in secret orbit around mars. Maybe testing up new comm and data systems for constellations of satellites operating as a synthetic aperature. So not initially fastervthan light communication but once the connections made beteen both sat constelations with the right set up and rig what happens at satellite A (earth-probe beam) will have a corresponding and immediate action at point B (mars-signal beam)

They say you cant transfere data faster than light. But i say with the right set up you can....somehow.

But, then they say you cant reduce inertia. Ive seen things playing with refaction indexes out in the desert that seem to do just that or give the illusion of doing so. They appear to be able to do more than just reduce inertia too. But thats a different topic. For me im divided on what im watching. Ecm tricks for optical and em. Or a nuts n bolt test mass actually doing what it appears to be doing. But whatever it is we have Quite a few of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Have you seen the pictures of the rover wheels with holes punched right through them from driving over all those martian rocks?

What I`m getting at is that the rover has had a rough ride on mars and has been joustled and bounced which could very easily knock the martian dust off of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
All I see is more evidence that we've wasted billions to look at a cold, dead rock.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Very possible considering money in the defense department that has went missing at various times. And that english aspergers hacker story.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
Only someone who does not know the advancements we get from endeavours like this would say that. You know, it´s nothing compared to what is spent on weapons and killing each others.

This is pushing our boundaries of what we are capable of. No progress without such "wastes".

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I'd like to what kind of wire ties they se to hold up so well

I wasn't able to locate the type of materials used for the ties, but didn't spend a lot of time looking... what I did find was interesting, though. Apparently, the types of knots used to secure cables, etc., are critically important.
Read more about Mars Rover Knots: Popular Science Link

For some very detailed technical info on Crimping, Interconnecting Cables, Harnesses, and Wiring used by NASA, check out the following NASA Technical Standard Document (PDF): NASA-STD 879.4 with Change 6

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Is everyone in this thread a retard?
The SECOND POST explained what this is. Cleaning Events are a well documented phenomena on Mars. There's nothing magical happening here. Wind blows dust off.
Example

OCTOBER 2007

NOVEMBER 2008

See how it's been cleaned? By the cleaning event? There's no bull# ATS nonsense happening here. Discuss the phenomena or let it die, you guys come across as complete morons.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard
So this one single poster = everyone? get a grip and calm down.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Restricted
Only someone who does not know the advancements we get from endeavours like this would say that. You know, it´s nothing compared to what is spent on weapons and killing each others.

This is pushing our boundaries of what we are capable of. No progress without such "wastes".

I realize we learn things and improve production, etc. I just wish we'd start spending the money on more interesting targets. Uranus and Neptune have been neglected.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I'd like to what kind of wire ties they se to hold up so well

Looks like waxed string to me, like the type used to secure cables and such in telecom central office and some cell site installations.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The cable doesn't move. At all.

Look at the earlier shots, the cable is as it's always been...in the exact same position, always.

Even the ends of those ties never move, the knots remain the same and the loose ends don't move either.

It would be a serious miscalculation if ANY of those cables or the ties could in fact move, as it would eventually lead to failures in the wiring loom.

Either someone or something touched that bar, was careless not to re-dust it after cleaning it. The wind, low gravity and talcum powder like dust would not be blown off that arm in 'finger-mark shapes', just in selective locations like that, it wouldn't happen.

There are stories that some of the images we see are from a rover that isn't actually on Mars at all...but on an island, roughly the size and shape of Gale crater...in Greenland. Or at least a 'twin rover' is there in Greenland, and that's the one sending some images 'back to earth'...whereas it could be possible that the one really is on Mars encounters anomalies and objects 'not for Public consumption, and the earth based rover takes up the slack.

Who knows...but wind would affect that entire assembly, not just a few fingerprint like blobs.

edit on 11 12 2016 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: verschickter

Disclaimer: No, I´m not saying it could not be cleaned by natural means (wind on mars?)

Wind on Mars can be 60 mph (?), but due to thin atmosphere, 'feels like' a soft breeze. Due to lo gravity, dust 'weighs' less than on earth and is easier borne aloft. So it is always settling out from the atmosphere and blown away during 'storms'.

While there was no wind, the Apollo Astronauts have often remarked that the dust on the Lunar surface was very fine, like talcum powder, and it got everywhere, all over their EVA suits and basically wouldn't come off, even when back inside the lander...there was also much less gravity there than there is on Mars.

So low gravity, light dust have nothing to do with it. The finer the particle, the more it sticks and gets ingrained.

Have a look at Apollo era suits that went to the Moon, they're filthy...they couldn't just brush it off the suits, it stuck and got in everywhere.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Have a look at Apollo era suits that went to the Moon, they're filthy...they couldn't just brush it off the suits, it stuck and got in everywhere.

I have seen them, they keep them stored in some basement. They are covered with a lot of dark gray dust. Can I have a few grains of that?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

I'm sorry but DUH. Come on. Why the f... would the mysterious cleaner clean the specific area you highlighted in the pattern indicated. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It is utterly illogical and to be frank given the size of the area an intricate cleaning operation requiring the use of an ear bud sized cleaner. Again another DUH moment!!!!

THINK jesus H what the hell has happened to ATS full of people incapable of thinking basic logic. This is more and more a site for making advert revenues whilst dumb people discuss dumb thoughts.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT ATS ADMIN ?????

Because eventually the clever folk will leave and this site will degenerate into dumb BS. with declining viewing especially when another alternate site pops up. Come to think of it , time for a search.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
First, you need to reread the OP. There are two different things, one, the supposed fingerprints/marks and second the cleaning event before you lash out like that. You mix both up.

Second, you are always free to leave or found your own conspiracy site. Then you can ban everyone you deem incapable of logic.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

That was it. Thanls!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

No prob bud. Keep digging and keep thinking critically.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: LuXTeN

People have been Questioning NASA a lot lately, what do you think about that?

Always question.

NASA, sometimes referred to as Never A Straight Answer, right? I agree.

I think they know a lot more than they tell about encounters and evidence of aleens, craft, etc.

I don't think they 'fake' missions though. They want to find 'other life' as much as we do. Even more.

Thank you intrptr, i suppose one day we will find out for sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Who are you referring to as moronic? That's a bit rude is it not. I could say people who are rude come across as complete morons, but that would be... rude.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join