It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Guardian , who's playing and how cool is Trico ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As a fully paid up member of the PC Master race I can't play the game , damn exclusives !
Originally slated for a PS3 release the game has been in development hell for the last 8 years but has now , finally , has arrived on PS4 , seeing footage of the final game it's easy to see why it would never have worked on PS3 , it looks stunning.

So , who's playing the game and is Trico as cool as the reviews say he is ?
From the footage I've seen and stories I've read he may be the best AI companion yet created with people saying they really become invested in his companionship and how believable he is as a living creature , over the top or do you love your Trico ?

ACG Review of The Last Guardian.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have heard this all second hand, so take it as you will. Most people I have talked to are so pissed at the game because the AI of Trico is terrible. A friend of mine took hers back immediately, and the guy at the store said she wasnt the first. It supposedly is either a problem with the AI or a glitch in programming that has the Trico not following commands well.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

From stuff I've read I believe you need to train the creature to you commands , could it be they didn't give it time ?
I've seen reports of bad framerate in places but I guess that's understandable given the limitations of the hardware.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

that's entirely possible. most gamers I know arent big on patience.......I play Final Fantasy XV, and the battle mechanics were a bit wonky at first, but given time it all melds together after a while and you gain extra skills

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As a huge fan of Shadow of the Colossus and a general fan of Ico I have been follwing this game for I think 87 years now. Unfortunately I am now almost exclusively a PC gamer and of the current consoles, only own an Xbox one at the moment. I would have bought a PS4 just for a Shadow of the Colossus 2, for this game I am not sure. I do believe people are not giving it enough time as Trico does have to be trained and the bond has to be developed with him. I have also heard that it runs better on the PS4 Pro. I would love to play it and at some point I will own a PS4, it just won't be right away and not solely for this game.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Since when can you bring back software to the store?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

PS4 is on CD, it is then installed on your device (the game cannot be played without the CD. They are sold/returned all the time at Gamestops, or Cash In Culture stores. Gamestop gives you a pretty good deal on trade-ins when buying another game. I regularly trade in my used games I do not play anymore.

edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago08p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago08p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ah ok, I thought you got the full return
Never mind.

top topics

join