It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This veteran needed to work with his service dog so Lowe's hired them both

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Aside from all the "fake news" garbage and political madness we have a feel good story coming out of Abilene TX. Clay Luthy was a c-130 load master in the US Airforce until he blew out both of his knees. Luthy, was having a hard time finding a job because he needed his service dog at all times. What happens next will hopefully make your day.

Air Force veteran Clay Luthy was having difficulty finding a job due to his service dog named Charlotte, who accompanies him at all times. But while other companies were unable to hire Luthy and Charlotte, the hardware store stepped in and offered the two a job. “We were interviewing people for his position and he was one of the applicants. And so he showed up for the interview and he had Charlotte with him,” Jay Fellers, a human resource manager at Lowe's,

Charlotte, a 10-year-old golden retriever, goes to work with Luthy during his shifts, alerts him and helps him stay calm. She also has the ability to help Luthy up, should he fall. According to Reporter News, Luthy was a C-130 loadmaster in the Air Force until he "blew out" both of his knees. After five surgeries, he is still unable to bend his left knee. “Instead of medications, I have Charlotte,” Luthy told KRBC. Charlotte can be spotted working beside Luthy sporting her very own Lowe's vest, which has become quite the hit with customers.

Hat off to you Lowe's!

Source

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

What a welcome story. America as it should be is still alive (albeit barely). Good looking pup.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

*Good will* advertising

Can't do Lowes anything but Good.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Heart warming story! We need more of these!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Aww
That is such a fantastic thing!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

very nice story. And sadly needed in this climate. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That will make me buy in Lowe's. Way better than any TV or radio commercial.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Just went to Lowe's today. Really a home depot fan but will probably frequent lows instead. Thank you or bring this 'feel good' story to ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I hope Charlotte gets paid in Scooby Snacks !

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

That will make me buy in Lowe's. Way better than any TV or radio commercial.

Same here. Home Depot and Lowe's are about the same distance from me, and I'm usually at either one of the stores a couple times a week. Stories like this helps me decide which direction to turn when leaving my shop

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Win win for Lowes.
They did the right thing, hiring a disabled veteran. And any dog lover is going to love going into that store.

Thank you for sharing good news with us.

new topics

top topics

join