It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deeper into SoftBank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Let's look deeper into SoftBank and what they are investing in and why.

Trump lot's of jobs tech company

Masayoshi Son, the brash billionaire who controls Sprint Corp., said Tuesday he would invest $50 billion in the U.S. and create 50,000 new jobs, following a 45-minute private meeting with President-electDonald Trump.

Oh great.

Mr. Son told reporters he planned to “invest into the new startup companies in the United States.” It would be difficult to create 50,000 jobs entirely by investing in startups, which generally employ few workers. Sprint employs about 30,000 people and has cut jobs to combat losses.

Looks like Google is about to get some competition... so is Youtube, Facebook and Twitter. I see diversification in social media in our future catering more specifically to people interested in the same things.

Call them target markets if you will and this will be a huge boost to anyone who want's to get into data collection and mining for more targetted and specific advertising.

Just look at what Facebook has been doing, you don't think these ideas are evolving and being worked on in MIT and in people's basements by 20 year olds????

With the new $100 billion fund—dubbed the SoftBank Vision Fund—Mr. Son plans to spend heavily in fields including the so-called Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, deep learning and robotics. He has said he wants to become the Warren Buffett of the tech industry.

Well I guess this is going to be good for my dev friends who are out of work and can't find jobs that pay enough to cover the mortgage they had when talented coders were hard to find.

SoftBank Investment Portfolio

So... I now present you with SoftBanks Investment Portfolio.

I am digging into this more and I want you guys to help and post any information you get.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Looks like I'm going back to school at just the right time. I already have 18 years tech experience with a few degrees.
The IOT (Internet of Things) is a platform that is just really starting to grow.

And anything that challenges Facebook is a plus in my book!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I wish I had 50 programmers I could just sit in front of and share ideas with all day and a billion dollars.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness
Go for it
Or continue to wish in one hand and defecate in the other just to see which one fills up first..
Up to you

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just found that SoftBank has 5m in The Huffington post.

Hmm.. interesting dynamic now that we have to consider...

Will this be an influence on Huff Post?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The art of creating a conspiracy when there's none

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It's called looking into things and trying to get an idea of what's going on in the bigger picture.

It's not just blindly accepting everything the media says.

new topics

top topics

join