It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is winning...again...SoftBank will invest $50 billion in the US, aiming to create 50,000 jobs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I just remembered that Softbank now owns a majority stake in SPRINT Wireless. I'm going to ENJOY making calls on my Sprint cellphone tomorrow.

If Carrier, Nabisco, and Softbank deals are what PRIVATE CITIZEN Trump can swing... in less than 30 days.. OMG!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
at a million dollars a job, maybe it would be easier to just split the 50 billion among 50 thousand random people.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is funny that Trump is getting credit for this investment from a Japanese bank.

You guys realize that businesses, especially banks, don't just go to 1 meeting and come out to say I'm going to invest $50 billion.

You would be the worst business person or entity in the world to do something like that with other people's money.

The reality is that Softbank has most likely researched this topic for at least 1 year for this move. The decision was made a long time ago that this was going to happen. But Trump is somehow getting credit for this.

You Trump supporters are too naive.

Softbank capitol

There not a bank they are a Japanese communications and internet company. They invest in of course telecommunications and internet tech stock. in fact one of there products believe it or not is a robot named pepper. which can take orders I kid you not they are putting these things in stores. But they invest in some rather out there ideas if it involves tech. In fact this announcement has caused there stocks to rise considering I sent in a buy order myself today. now they started a branch called Softbank capitol in the US. They focus on providing venture capitol focusing on technology and telecom early stage businesses. So with this deal time to start looking at tech stocks just starting out if the idea is unique they could come in to a lot of capitol.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: matafuchs

So happy to see this. Trump has done more good than Obama already.

I agree with your first sentence.
I disagree with your second.

Either way, I'm rooting for Trump. So far the man's tenacity is off the charts.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
Not sure why people b17ch about bringing back jobs. This won't help me but it would help my follow Americans, and that is what matters.

I am all about bringing back jobs. The Obama administration created 11 Million new jobs and did so one the heels of the worst economic crisis in nearly a century..

Trump lost 1200-1300 carrier jobs to Mexico while theoretically saving 700, paid 7M in tax-payer dollars to do so...and then felt compelled to take a self-congratulations tour bragging about it.

This nebulous "50B" is from a technology investment fund (the largest ever BTW) that Softbank created with the Saudi Arabian government back in October...to invest in emerging technology companies (aka Silicon Valley). The Saudi Government has been suffering under lower oil prices, plus under the Obama Administration..the USA has become virtually energy independent...so Saudi Arabia needs a new industry to subsidize it's oil industry...and Silicon Valley is their target.

So...No explanation of where or what or when those "pledged" 50K jobs will come from...But we do know 50B in Saudi and Asian dollars are coming to Silicon Valley to buy up US Tech Companies, so safe to say any jobs if they materialize will not be helping the blue-collar workers in MI or WI or the coal miners of PA et al.

And I am wary of foreign countries buying up the core industry that gives the USA an advantage in the world and the only industry where we indisputably lead the world ...start-up companies innovating around new technology.

It is BS any which way I examine it.

Trump is business friendly that is why people can work with him. Obama was anti business,

Both are business friendly...Trump is more friendly with those that profit the most from businesses...Obama was more concerned with workers and consumers.

he is a globalists and agenda is to leverage America for control of other countries.

With Softbank+Saudi Arabia's new 50B dollar green-light to buy US technology companies from the largest Tech Investment fund ever created ...owned by foreign countries...and the suspected approval of the Sprint + T-Mobile limiting competition in the cell phone network industry...Trump hasn't taken office yet and has proven himself to be more a globalist than any President I can remember.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I just remembered that Softbank now owns a majority stake in SPRINT Wireless. I'm going to ENJOY making calls on my Sprint cellphone tomorrow.

The Trump admin has signaled they will green-light the Softbank/Sprint and T-Mobile merger.

The Obama administration has been opposing that deal for fear of lack of price competition...Sprint+T-Mobile would make them the largest cell phone carrier in the USA.

Check your cell phone bill 12 months from now...if it hasn't jumped I am wrong. If it has, you will know why...and 12 months from now while you are examining your cell phone bill remind yourself to also follow-up and see where those 50k jobs that Softbank promised are.

Hope I am wrong...But I am seeing nothing to the contrary..

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The Obama administration has been opposing that deal for fear of lack of price competition...Sprint+T-Mobile would make them the largest cell phone carrier in the USA.

Deja vu Clearchannel, FCC, Michael Powell

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thats interesting!

When I was a younger man, I used to deliver 3-4 pallets of shingles to each roofer sites without a ladder-vator.

I respect the roofer trade!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: matafuchs

So happy to see this. Trump has done more good than Obama already.

I agree with your first sentence.
I disagree with your second.

Either way, I'm rooting for Trump. So far the man's tenacity is off the charts.

The thing is, this has been in the works for months.

They didn't wait until Trump was elected, rush together, and paper it all up. It would have happened whether Bernie or Clinton or Cruz... or heck, even ME had been elected.

The minority-selected guy is just taking credit for it, just like he took credit for a lot of other things he didn't do.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Indigo5

The Softbank/Sprint + T-Mobile merger is a different facet.

And an important one perhaps.

NOW
Sprint, T-Mobile gain after Trump announces SoftBank will invest $50 billion in US
www.cnbc.com...

THEN
From 2014
Sprint Said to End T-Mobile Discussions, Names New CEO
www.bloomberg.com...
The talks ended because regulatory concerns outweighed the potential benefits of combining the third- and fourth-largest U.S. wireless providers, a person familiar with the talks said

In short...T-Mobile has been eating Sprint's lunch with a solid network and significantly lower rates.
As often happens, Sprint ran the numbers and determined it would be cheaper to acquire T-Mobile than to lower rates for consumers..It would make them the largest provider in the USA affording them the weight to push prices up as well.

The Obama administration was opposed...Competition is good for consumers (something conservatives used to cheer).

I see the undefined or explained pledge of 50k jobs as BS in trade for a PR win for Trump he gives the nod on the merger for Sprint and T-Mobile.

Consumers lose in cell phone rates...Trump wins in PR.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You're believing news now?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So, the (largely detested on these boards) Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is going to allowed to buy up key American technologies and infrastructure, effectively entangling it's economy with the USA.

It's a smart move for the Saudis: as America becomes less and less dependent on their oil they are increasingly at risk of losing their Superpower ally. However this deal, and others, will tie the two countries together. I mean, good luck enacting sanctions on a country that owns half of silicon valley.

Not to mention it helps them away from relying on oil revenue and they get a load of cool kit they could never make themselves.

Whether this is a good deal for the US is another matter...

Go Trump? Though lets face it, despite the usual theatre, this deal has nothing to do with him. And the 50,000 jobs thing seems entirely made up.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just like he "saved" the Air Conditioning jobs eh?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
WOW! So, the economy is going to tank after Trump huh?

Trump detractors saying that "the economy" will tank is about as generalized and baseless an assertion as your inferring that it will glowingly succeed.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No it equals 100k per job.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Run for President. Byrd 2020 ftw! Lol

<< 3  4  5   >>

join