It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient city ruins on Mars, showing strange structures, bridges, and pyramid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Near Elysium Planitia near the red planet’s equator are a series of structures. The ‘controversial’ images were taken by NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter –MRO.

RAW NASA image: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

the video shows a series of aerial Nasa pictures of Elysium Planitia - a plain near the Martian equator. MRO image of Elysium Planitia, pictured, with the strangely shaped structures in view

The images show a number of aerial views, some of which look like eroded domes that could be surrounded by virtually circular rings.
The ring and cone structures were spotted on Elysium Planitia, a plain near the Martian equator.

Could the structures show proof of past life on Mars ?

So ATS, geological processes or something else ?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's no point in even watching a YouTube video. Do you have links to the original images?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmm very interesting, its rocks

But most likely rocks that have been intentionally placed. Its reminds me of all those circles scattered around Sth Africa that some say were used for cattle herding and some say are the remnants of gold mines.

Good find S&F

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
There's no point in even watching a YouTube video. Do you have links to the original images?

Link are posted in the OP

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I watched 1 minute of the video, turned it off when they claimed craters were walled off cities, how naive and gullible do you have to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

I watched 1 minute of the video, turned it off when they claimed craters were walled off cities, how naive and gullible do you have to be.

I nearly turned it off at 30 seconds for the same reason but then I fast forwarded to about 1:40 and was actually surprised.
They definitely dont look like craters

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well worth the 4 minutes, S&F. I found the pyramid like structure at the end very compelling. Thanks OP, cool stuff here!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Link are posted in the OP

Well damn. I missed that somehow lol. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmm whats the scale on the 'structures' associated with impact craters at their center?

How many miles across?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I agree that Mars had some ancient wars that decimated the population and the planet, I am sure that it was more than just nuclear, it was some more powerful means than just nuclear, hopefully we will be able to prove that once we get to land on the planet in a near future.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No matter how compelling these images are to some, it will all remain a mystery until high resolution, ground level photographs are produced. The mystery that is "Mars rocks" is still a mystery. The "evidence" that is presented doesn't really convince me...and I'm a guy that wants to see something there. Send the rover there and take some good images. Let's see what happens there.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I saw rocks and sand. I would love to see a city but it's not there for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I bet a lot of NASA boys come here for a good laugh after a hard day at work .
Impact craters with lava domes that have been eroded over millions of years .
Really walls city.s bridges lol Man get a hobby .
You know the original face on mars from 76 that has been and always will be teh one that makes you think.
What if . And as much as i would love for it all to be true mars may very well have life and had more in the past by it never got the chance to evolve far at all . 500 million years just isnt enough mars has been dead (bacteria ) for a long long time .
love the rocks though . Little green men on a planet with 1/3 the gravity of earth ? not buying it .
If intelligent life had evolved there even humanoid life it would be huge compared to us lower gravity means larger sizes are easier to evolve . But 2.5 billion years of erosion would wipe all traces not even the pyramids would be left .
kinda sad in a way because in teh end that is our fate as well .
Only thing that will be left of man will be a few pices of tin moving through teh galaxy for teh next 100 billion years .
Maybe we will be lucky and someone some ware will run across it in 100 million years and we wont be forgotten .
Better check see whos at your door better chance there is a alien knocking then mars having had or having them

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You know what I'm actually quite gutted that I'm alive today because I know for sure the time we actually can travel to mars for a vacation I'll be long gone. I don't care if there isn't anything there but being a hill walker/mountaineer I'd just love to walk around on that planet and actually see what I can discover. The film Martian with Matt Damon (brilliant film if I must say so) had actually got me down as I sat there and thought if only one day I could visit that place

Anyway .. regarding the theories of ancient ruins, buildings, lost civilisations etc etc on mars I believe that we cannot decide for certain what is there or what happened on that planet just by aerial photography it's not until we get to visit it frequently then we can discover what is actually there.

Even if we took earth for example. Yes ok we can go through ancient texts dig up fossils but are we 100% sure we have covered all of what we know about Earths history. For all we know the earths history as we know it today especially regarding the fate of ancient civilisations and what happened to them, we could have it all wrong.

If you took a metre ruler and on one end of the ruler we had the birth of earth and at the other end we have the present day, humans living on earth would probably only end up being the last few centimetres on that metre ruler. Just picturing the life of earth in that absolutely amazes me.

As for the video, interesting but I'm not an expert so can't really give an answer to what they are. I do however have to agree with INTRPTRs reply and have thought of the same thing on other Mars threads, without some sort of scale we could be looking at something that 1 metre in size or 1000 metres

My open mind says we simply don't know what was happening on mars millions of years ago and that we simply cannot be the only beings in the universe or our solar system for the matter and I'm open to a lot of theories until they are proven wrong

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If it makes you feal any better primitive plants possibly maybe even some type of fish like animal and who knows in some underground lake there may still be some left .
Even that is odds off a million to one . Bactria WEll ill be surprised if there are non at all .
linch at teh ice caps sure why not mars sure turns green around the edges of them in spring .
but licsh and possible cave fish aliens do not make

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry but I just don't see it. Sand... rocks... sand... more rocks. The "pyramid" is the most "interesting" item here.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
YES! Another Mars thread! Had to comment first before I start digging in, I'll be back with my review.

AUTOMATIC S+F

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yes, you are right, those formations are incredible

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Ok. Take care out there mr positive.. someone might try to teach you something

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
YES! Another Mars thread! Had to comment first before I start digging in, I'll be back with my review.

AUTOMATIC S+F

Your welcome

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join