It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any miraculous stories about Muhammad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
okay, i did google this first and came up with nothing.... so here is my question to everyone. Are there any stories about Muhammad coming and helping save someones life even though they should be dead? Like we have heard thousands of stories about Jesus saving people's lives, and i dont mean in the spiritual sense, but has there ever been on of Muhammad? Let me give you an example of a story so you can better understand what i am asking here.

Last summer there was a news thing, i think it was here, about how this wife and daughter were burried in the desert in egypt by the father/husband. They were there for i believe a week, and then the man cofessed to the authorities. Keep in mind these people were burried in sand. He told the authorities where they could find their bodies, and to their amazement they were still alive. When asked how they survived they said that a man in a white robe with a beard who had bloody holes in his hands and feet, and his forehead was bleeding kept bringing them food and water and kept them alive.

Is there even a single story resembling this about Muhammad? This wasn't intended to be hateful, so if i offended you somehow sorry, i just wanna know. Because if no one can find a single one that just further validates a point.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Didn't a man confess to "something" after seeing ...who's the guy that played Mad Max?? ..and he made that movie about the Crucifixion?? What was it?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, Muhammed was a prophet of God - a messenger.

When was the last time Moses performed a miracle?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

but dont you get it... if Jesus can performs miracles and Jesus is supposed to be below muhammad in Islam, than shouldnt muhammad be preforming miracles?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wasn't Muhammed a descendent of Abraham?? Wouldn't that make the Jews and Arabs blood brothers??

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why dont you ask a muslim? Im sure some of them could share some stories with you. It's not like the American media would ever run a story about Muhammad changing someones life, the station that ran it would probably be seen as supporters of terrorism, thats how stupid some people are. I've read cases of people who had near death experiences and saw videogame characters! Does that make Mario and Luigi divine? Did Mario and Luigi save their lives?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Christianity view Muhammed as a false prophet that was sent by the devil. He never did any miracles.

As for Moses, He made sticks turn into snakes, Made an entired ocean split so they could escape the egyptians, Made a rock gush water and sent the 10 plagues on Egypt. Although it was God that made those miracles possible

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Wasn't Muhammed a descendent of Abraham?? Wouldn't that make the Jews and Arabs blood brothers??

(In my best southern Drawl)... AAAYYYYUUUP.
And no, no real miralces from Mohammed unless your into numerology. The angel Gabriel himslef was supposed to have handed the Quran down to Mohammed. You aren't the first person to ask this question about the profit Mohammed though, a story i found amusing...

www.kriya.org...
The prophet Mohammed was also faced with a similar request. Somebody asked, "When Jesus came he showed lots of miracles, can you not show us some miracle?" Mohammed said, "You go and look at the mountain and tell the mountain that Mohammed is calling you to come to him." When they did this, the mountain did not listen. They came back to Mohammed and were sad because nothing had happened. Then they all went to the mountain and he asked them to sit down. They were all curious, wondering what was the miracle? They thought that Mohammed would turn the mountain into dust. Look he said, "If the mountain did not come to Mohammed, Mohammed came to the mountain. This is the miracle." They could not understand. It is a simple statement: If the mountain did not come to Mohammed, Mohammed comes to the mountain. However, the real meaning is subtle: when we do not bring our mind towards God, God comes to us. Krishna came to us, Moses came to us, Mohammed came to us.

Don't rely on western literature for information on eastern cultures, I don't claim to be to a theologist, but I do know that Islam isn't about terrorism or Jihads, and I know Christianity isn't all about love and brotherhood. There are three sides to ever story, yours, theirs, and the truth. The truth is that all the religons in the world are merely facets of the same stone.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ryanp5555, as you might know, Muhammad was just a normal man, who was chosen to be a messenger of God and bring Qur'an to people, a summary of all previous holy books. He lived a normal life, gor married, had kids and died.
Muslims too believe in Jesus, virgin birth, miracles, and they also believe Jesus will return some day.
I don't know where you read that Jesus is below Muhammad in the hierarchy of Prophets. That is not true. All prophets are revered equaly in Islam, and Jesus has a special place as a prophet who will return to earth in flesh near the end of the world.

About the miracles you are refering to, most stories like that in Islam involve Allah, not Muhammad. Since Muhammad was just a normal man, his soul is now resting in heaven. It is God who does miracles and there are plenty of such stories like warnings of things to come, prophetic dreams, life saving revelations and so on.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
No because neither the devil nor his servants can perform miracles.
Muslms are being misled. Muhammad was not contacted by God in his vision he was contacted by satan. Islam is a tool of the devil and the billions of muslims are being mislead.
If you are a chrstian pray that our islamic brothers see the truth before it is too late for them to repent.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
No because neither the devil nor his servants can perform miracles.
Muslms are being misled. Muhammad was not contacted by God in his vision he was contacted by satan. Islam is a tool of the devil and the billions of muslims are being mislead.
If you are a chrstian pray that our islamic brothers see the truth before it is too late for them to repent.

ai vay, ay vay. He was contacted by Satan? Following this revelation, how would you know if all the authors of religious text heard voices emanating from the "prince of darkness?"

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

As for Moses, He made sticks turn into snakes, Made an entired ocean split so they could escape the egyptians, Made a rock gush water and sent the 10 plagues on Egypt. Although it was God that made those miracles possible

That's what Mo says, but how do you know that this actually happened? If he was able to do this, why are there no accounts of it in Egyptian history or mythology?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Christianity view Muhammed as a false prophet that was sent by the devil. He never did any miracles.

That is a generalisation. YOU view Muhammed as a false prophet. Christianity doesn't. Most of Christianity's views were written down hundreds of years before Muhammed was born. Besides, doesn't it say in the Bible that false prophets would come, and perform great miracles? Like it was mentioned here, Muhammad performed none, so it can't be him that was being referred to :

Also, I think the Bible also said that Satan cannot take God's form. So how could Satan have tricked Muhammad into thinking he was God?
As paperclip said, Islam attributes all miracles to Allah, and those who performed them got their gift from Allah. Muhammad is not attributed to have performed anything most would call a "miracle", but he insisted throughout his life that his greatest miracle was the Quran.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
paperclip gave you a perfectly good answer yet, some of you instead of taking that answer and moving on from there, you rather start this "my god is better than your god" crap.

Muhammad was a man. He did not claim immaculate conception or that he was part of the trinity. He was a prophet and messenger of God. His greatest contribution is the Quran, the message from God, which Muslims feel is the "miracle".

I suggest you do a search on the miracle of the Quran, Mohammed's greatest contribution to Islam.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, theres 1 miracoulous event in which he split the moon into half...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
heh, you learn something new everyday. I did some googling after you posted, cheesepie, and it seems you are correct. I found this verse in the Quran, with the story you said behind it:

The Hour has approached, and the moon split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic.’ (54:1-2)

After a little more research, I even found some story on how at some dinner Muhammad was at, there was only one small pot of food, but that continued providing for a large party of people. Can't vouch for that stories authenticity, though.
Once again thanks for the info cheesepie

EDIT:
After digging awhile, I found the actual Hadith:

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

As you can see, Muhammad took these "miracles" to be a blessing of Allah, not something that happened because he caused it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes muhhamed was a man.
A man deceived by a demon into creating a religon to further the devil work.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Jesus of Nazareth was a man just a human, Christ is a myth, the so called miracles were never proved.

Mohamed was a man just a regular man not devils attached or miracles of angels.

The controversies around them is the ones that believers has created around them through the years to justify wars.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

That is a generalisation. YOU view Muhammed as a false prophet. Christianity doesn't. Most of Christianity's views were written down hundreds of years before Muhammed was born. Besides, doesn't it say in the Bible that false prophets would come, and perform great miracles? Like it was mentioned here, Muhammad performed none, so it can't be him that was being referred to :

Also, I think the Bible also said that Satan cannot take God's form. So how could Satan have tricked Muhammad into thinking he was God?
As paperclip said, Islam attributes all miracles to Allah, and those who performed them got their gift from Allah. Muhammad is not attributed to have performed anything most would call a "miracle", but he insisted throughout his life that his greatest miracle was the Quran.

okay, read through what you said here and think to yourself does it say anywhere in the quaran that Gabriel is God or Allah? Your absolutely right Satan can't take the form of God, but can he not take the form of an angel, oh wait HE IS AN ANGEL! FURTHER PROOF! Thanks a bunch!

If you dont get what i am saying, Gabriel gave Muhammad the Quaran, NOT ALLAH, and said this is the real word of God.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You are right Ryanp, most of the verses in the Quran were dictated by Gabriel to Muhammad. However Muhammad is also reputed to have met God. If you look up the story of Ascension/Miraj/Night Journey in Hadith or Quran it tells how the Angel Gabriel came to Muhammad and took him to some sort of flying horse called Al-Buraq, which flew him to Juresalem, where he prayed. From there he ascended up through all levels of Heaven, meeting past prophets, until the highest level, where he met God. This is the meeting where the point of 5 prayers a day was made.
While it is debatable whether such a thing happened in real life, or it was a dream/vision, God is God in dreams AND real life, and Satan is not supposed to be able to take God's form in either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join