It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items left behind at my new cabin..is this weird?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Night Star

Thanks! The items we don't need will most probably be donated somewhere. If they are in good condition. Any metal stuff will be free to anyone who wants to come get it (I guess people make money off of this??) and everything else will be just junked. I do know that much...

tikbalang

I don't live too close to society anyways.. but I imagine it will be nice in the spring/summer months to be even further away once we get it fixed up. So, yeah, I hear ya..I'll be having a hard time coming home when it gets to that point...

Brotherman

The house was built on a slab...if I find a copy of that in the basement..I'm gonna immediately place a "for sale" sign by the driveway and leave.

It was meant to be a cabin for the summer months. Most houses around the area are built on slabs and winterized when the cold weather drifts in. Soon we won't be going up there ourselves.. hopefully we get a majority of the work done before then..

Thanks to everyone for the responses..
blend57

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Have you had the grounds checked for buried bodies?

LOL

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You really are a sick puppy,she may have nightmares about those bodies buried
in her yard.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
she may have nightmares about those bodies buried in her yard.

Only when the unexplained sounds start.

You wanna go in halves on the place after?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sounds good,maybe we should keep scaring the op about dead bodies
and get a better price!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Snarl

ugh...ATS is brutal...lol. No, we haven't checked the grounds for bodies...as I said, I checked all the empty plastic chemical waste barrels though..I still dunno why they had those. I just shook 'em..didn't open up the tops..lmao.

mamabeth

Can't scare me out yet..I'm not even in! The place is still not livable. But..if I do hear any creepy sounds when I move in... or see anything creepy..I'll be callin ya..Give ya a real good deal too.

edit on 4-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Sounds good,maybe we should keep scaring the op about dead bodies and get a better price!

The stories Blend57 will be bringing back to ATS will be priceless.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If I survive to tell them....

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
When I lived in PA, a friend once showed me this house down the road from where she lived. Most of the stuff inside was packed up in boxes, but then all of it was just left sitting there. There was even a perfectly good 4 wheeler in the barn, and the car was still sitting there (although it had flat tires). It was like whoever lived there packed up all their stuff and then just disappeared without actually moving any of it. Apparently the house had been like that for quite a while.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
trollz

Surprised all the stuff was still there.. I just never realized this was so common. Apparently it happens more often than not. And I can't understand why you wouldn't just sell everything before you left. I would think most people would know they were leaving...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
It was like whoever lived there packed up all their stuff and then just disappeared without actually moving any of it.

My mom's house looks just the way you've described. Her husband passed earlier this year and she could no longer care for herself. My brother and I moved her into long-term care. Now her house sits vacant because of Medicaid rules. It'll probably be like that for a decade.

In hindsight, we probably should have moved the both of them a few years back. Neither one of them were managing to keep up with the requirements of living rural and the farm hadn't even been productive for a couple of decades.

Anyway, IME, that usually the reason you find things the way they are. Somebody's dream comes to an end. If you get the chance try attending estate sales. The personal history can be astonishing.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't think that's too creepy, iI've always left stuff in secret locations for the next tennant to find. I've rented a lot, year here year there. But I enjoy geo cache and leaving something behind. Soppose a way of sayin IVE been here. But it seems like your sitting on a good stack of cash if you can find a buyer. I'd hold on to the heaters, winters in texas are crazy sometimes

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A few years back, me and my gf moved into a studio apt. We did a full cleaning of the place as we always do with a new place. When I opened the wall heater cover there was a large pocket knife, opened, on a lip inside the vent. The blade was covered with a hardened, brownish-red crust.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
When I lived in PA, a friend once showed me this house down the road from where she lived. Most of the stuff inside was packed up in boxes, but then all of it was just left sitting there. There was even a perfectly good 4 wheeler in the barn, and the car was still sitting there (although it had flat tires). It was like whoever lived there packed up all their stuff and then just disappeared without actually moving any of it. Apparently the house had been like that for quite a while.

Pretty creepy. Living in rural areas there are many stories and incidences of similar cases where belongings were left behind. Always hoped it wasn't what it seemed-considering dinner plates on the table- to be but rather people quickly leaving their cabin land and going back home.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
jonnyhallows5211

Oh wow..I never thought to leave anything behind like that. Sounds like a nice idea though, maybe when Snarl and mamabeth scare me out I'll leave a little something for them to remember me by at the cabin as well...

*leaves pink fluffy unicorn curtains on the bedroom windows.*

I have left a gift basket of chocolates and stuff once before though..with a "welcome" card attached to it. But never have I thought about leaving some treasure for them to find. Thanks for the idea..I'll have to try it out!

Joki42

weird thing to find...was it the murder weapon do you think? Hopefully you didn't leave any fingerprints ... how did you dispose of it? Take it to the police or just throw it away? Very interesting...

edit on 4-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Do you mean corpses? Like for a wake?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The doll in the highchair is a bit creepy, but only because I'm thinking of horror movies involving demented dolls being alive

Perhaps she had to get out quick, her family lives a fair distance from the cabin. They came up to move her in pick up trucks and only had room to take so much. Or they were pressed for time.

She might not have needed the money she would get from selling or couldn't be bothered selling stuff.

If she was unexpectedly disabled, she likely never returned to her own home if she lived alone. They don't let you go home if there's no caregiver there to help you and she would need to be near a hospital. So let's suppose she goes straight to her parents from hospital and this cabin was a vacation home. She wouldn't have been able to travel far or get around in the cabin to say what goes. Left it up to them and they said screw it. Or she was brain dNaged and not in the right frame of mind to make decisions. Seems reasonable. When others sort through your things , they simply do not give a #.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
trollz

Surprised all the stuff was still there.. I just never realized this was so common. Apparently it happens more often than not. And I can't understand why you wouldn't just sell everything before you left. I would think most people would know they were leaving...

Unexpectedly disabled would mean you had no plans to leave though. Whoever is taking care if her now is in charge of her affairs. She is not able to.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

The previous owner was a woman with young kids (thus the school pics) who got in an accident and had to move back home due to being disabled. That's pretty much all we know right now. Not really keeping anything.. the cabinets maybe if they are not too terrible to redo the kitchen with. Just wanting to gut it out and make it our own. There is a lot of "new" stuff there..but a lot of garbage as well.. we are just trying to get it to a point where we can stay a whole weekend and get more done. Right now it is day trips here and there when we have the time.

Perhaps there was just too much stuff for her to take, carry, or use.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join