It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's speech with Jesus in place of freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If you want to see the way Bush's speeches are manipulative religious rhetoric in sheep's clothing try replacing the words "freedom" and "liberty" with "Jesus". I'm not suggesting he's a religious nutter but certainly the writers are appealing to our inner spiritual souls, make no mistake. Brilliantly manipulative.

Here, I've done it. Unbelievable! Also note "Author of Liberty" is capitalised ie = God. Straight off the whitehouse transcript at
www.whitehouse.gov...

In the long run, there is no justice without JESUS, and there can be no human rights without JESUS.
Some, I know, have questioned the global appeal of JESUS - though this time in history, four decades defined by the swiftest advance of JESUS ever seen, is an odd time for doubt. Americans, of all people, should never be surprised by the power of our ideals. Eventually, the call of JESUS comes to every mind and every soul. We do not accept the existence of permanent tyranny because we do not accept the possibility of permanent slavery. JESUS will come to those who love Him.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Romeo]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What is your point? Speaking to our inner spirituality? It works with lots of words...here:

At this second gathering, our duties are defined not by the words I use, but by the history we have seen together. For a half century, America defended our own chickens by standing watch on distant borders.

Or this:

We are led, by events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of vanilla ice cream in our land increasingly depends on the success of vanilla ice cream in other lands. The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of vanilla ice cream in all the world.

So basically, I could replace liberty and freedom with anything....maybe Bush is speaking to my need for Vanilla Ice Cream...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
you are quite right. It was more a comment on the way the speeches are appealing to our inner religious nature. Sure, he could of been selling icecream. But he's not is he. He's trying to sell the destruction of lives in another country that presented absolutely no "imminent threat".

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think this translation is more appropriate for Bush

In the long run, there is no justice without money, and there can be no human rights without money.
Some, I know, have questioned the global appeal of money - though this time in history, four decades defined by the swiftest advance of Satanism ever seen, is an odd time for doubt.Americans, of all people, should never be surprised by the power of our ideals. Eventually, the call of money comes to every mind and every soul. We do not accept the existence of permanent tyranny because we do not accept the possibility of permanent slavery. Satan will come to those who love Him.

Although , I prefer this version ...

In the long run, there is no justice without Pisky, and there can be no human rights without Pisky.
Some, I know, have questioned the global appeal of Pisky - though this time in history, four decades defined by the swiftest advance of Pixyness ever seen, is an odd time for doubt. Cornishmen, of all people, should never be surprised by the power of our ideals. Eventually, the call of Pisky comes to every mind and every soul. We do not accept the existence of permanent tyranny because we do not accept the possibility of permanent slavery. Pisky will come to those who love Him.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo
you are quite right. It was more a comment on the way the speeches are appealing to our inner religious nature. Sure, he could of been selling icecream. But he's not is he. He's trying to sell the destruction of lives in another country that presented absolutely no "imminent threat".

Quit trying to burst my bubble...The President is selling vanilla ice cream.
I was just trying to be a little sarcastic. I knew full well what the point was.

*Pisky's version is better than mine, so ignore my post

[edit on 1/26/2005 by bobafett1972]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First of all, the President shouldn't even be mentioning Jesus in his speeches. Why? Why not everyone believes in Jesus. There are many Jewish people in this country who vote for a canidate too. So what Bush is doing is wrong. Yet, the only reason he does it is to get everyone to agree with him, follow him and support him.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think his whole point on using Jesus in the speeches is to proved that Jesus is at the center stage of this country and any other believes means nothing to our country and him.

Remember we are fighting people that are not Christ believers. So is like slapping them hard in the face.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
George Bush is a twat...

If he believed in Jesus he wouldnt invade anyone...

As Jesus said...

Blessed are You when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account

Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit the earth

Blessed are the Merciful, for they shall obtain mercy

Blessed are the Peacemakers

The Bible warns us of false prophets... you need look no further than George W Bush

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
um, the point was that you could REPLACE the word freedom with Jesus, not that he was actually using the word jesus.

He doesn't sit and talk about Jesus this, Jesus that in his speeches.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
um, the point was that you could REPLACE the word freedom with Jesus, not that he was actually using the word jesus.

You are correct... he doesnt... but he does claim to be a Christian

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The comical responses to this post illustrate its purely fabricated foundations.

The president said what he said - not jesus - not chicken - vanilla ice cream

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
if thats true then he truely is like hitler

hitler = said his people were chosen people
bush = chosen by god

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

if thats true then he truely is like hitler

hitler = said his people were chosen people
bush = chosen by god

You usually post you reasoning before such a grand opening statement. But then i have to correct myself when i find the definitive explination convieniently placed below.

I wonder how many similar posts of consistently unsubstantiated rhetoric you have made.

This post is taking a whole new level of absurdity.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

And once again, my theory that nobody actually reads threads beyond the title is proven correct

But as others have pointed out, you could replace the word 'freedom' with just about anything and have it make sense. This seems pushing it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
George Bush is a twat...

If he believed in Jesus he wouldnt invade anyone...

Oh, he believes alright. He's just an extreme hypocrite, just as most jesus freaks are. His actions don't reflect his supposed morals.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There should be an automated Mad Libs site for famous and current speeches.

Maybe there is? There should be.

In the councils of [TGI Friday's], we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the [GIRL SCOUTS]. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced [CAR KEYS] exists and will persist.

Ahhhh, this guy did it with thrid graders (so he says) and Bush's convention speech.

Mr. Sandwich, delegates, fellow flowers: I am tired by your support, and I rollerskate your nomination for hammer of the United States.

In the vacations I have taken, and the work I will avoid, I am fortunate to have a scary Vice President.

It goes on. Not bad.

Okay, so no third graders were involved here obviously (except in the original speech perhaps).

I am running for President with a [vague] and [oversimplified] plan to build a [Christian] world, and a more [white] America. I am running with a [radically] conservative philosophy: that government should help people [choose who to marry], not [let them live] their own lives. I believe the [religious right] wants [bible-based] leadership -- and that is why, with [God’s] help, we will [eliminate] the [teaching of evolution].

Refreshingly honest, no?

top topics

join