It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electoral college members have long shot plan to deny Trump the Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

And if they do something this bonehead, congress will not accept their vote. Congress will then choose.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You know , Hillary Only Won the Popular Vote in 14 States by Having the Highest Vote Total in them . The States She Lost , 36 , She did Not Win the Popular Vote because She received Less Total Votes than Trump .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I like this part of the article linked in the OP....

The Hamilton Electors website says it honors Alexander Hamilton’s vision “that the Electoral College should, when necessary, act as a Constitutional fail-safe against those lacking the qualifications from becoming President.”

Chiafalo cited Trump’s remarks during the campaign disparaging minorities and Muslims, as well as his appointment of former Breitbart News executive Stephen Bannon as a chief strategist, as reasons to keep Trump out of office.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I don't much care what a dead woman says.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Steal it from the American voters? No, not happening. If they did they'd be swinging from trees.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Not interesting at all. It's just more liberal tears.

The Republicans have zero reason to pick someone else. Trump's uniting the party. They''re all rallying behind him as they rode his coattails to control the House, Senate and Supreme Court.

Only schmuck left out is Jeb.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

When will liberals learn being offended doesn't disqualify the offender from anything?

edit on 1-12-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

By latest count Hillary is ahead by 2.5 million votes. Over 65 million votes to Donald's 62 million. From what I hear, the only presidential candidate to receive a higher vote count than Clinton was Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Donald is a huge mistake, and extremely bad for the country. Better to ditch him and begin the clean up now than later.

edit on 1-12-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

But derr popurlur vote matterz!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

When will you learn the difference between being offended and recognizing the man is unqualified and unfit for the job.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

In 36 States , She had the Lower Vote Total . That is All that Matters in a Presidential Election , Winning the Most States .

Hillary - 14

Trump - 36

Two Thirds of States Supported Trump . The Final National Vote Total is Irrelevant when it is Electoral Votes that Elect a President .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

That literally doesn't make sense, for reasons addressed above.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Steal it from the American voters? No, not happening. If they did they'd be swinging from trees.

Yeah, yeah... we've been hearing these threats of violence from the Trump supporters from the beginning... What will happen if Trump doesn't win... We get it, it was always an election under threat of a hostile takeover if it didn't go the way Trump's alt-right wanted....

Exactly why the Electors should step up and vote against Trump. And then deal with the alt-right.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Your worried of threats opposed to actual violence? Neat.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

The Hamilton Electors website says it honors Alexander Hamilton’s vision “that the Electoral College should, when necessary, act as a Constitutional fail-safe against those lacking the qualifications from becoming President.”

Chiafalo cited Trump’s remarks during the campaign disparaging minorities and Muslims, as well as his appointment of former Breitbart News executive Stephen Bannon as a chief strategist, as reasons to keep Trump out of office.

I like it too. I mean, how dare Trump have a very smart guy as a strategist! It isn't fair! Waaaaaah!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I hope they try..

screw it.. lets bring on the war thats been in the making for a decade!

serious.. fk it all! enough of the twinkle toes be nice and protect everyone.. lets just roll up the sleeves and destroy anyone who hasnt got their head on straight.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

How anything in those lines can be defended as being "democratic" ... apart from the obvious, that these pundits represent the Democratic party and left wing ... They actually propose going against democratic process....

This really worries me. Left has an agenda, which is completely against democracy and going directly against will of the people.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Deny Ignorance.

And yet it seems that almost all on here tend to 'justify' their own ignorance, while 'denying' others who have a different Perspective...
Gotta love the irony.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Funny part is they completely got Hamilton remarks wrong. Hamilton wasn't worried about someone unqualified winning the election. In fact he said that anyone that could win the process had what they needed to become president. In other words since Trump won that means by virtue of the process he is qualified to become president.

Here is what Hamilton wrote in the federalist papers.

Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States"

So he said simply small individuals win local elections bit could never win the country. You know what I find funny it appears a lot of Hillary supporters are reading the constitution for the first time and seem unaware the federalist papers exist.

These papers explain in great detail what the founding fathers believed and why they wrote the constitution the way they did. It's not a mystery it was debated discussed and then debated some more. They knew they were setting up a form of government that would last hundreds of years and that's why they set it up the way they did. Unlike many countries they decided to base it off the rights of the individual and not like most design the government's rights.

But as they say I digress bottom line is this group is clueless and Hamilton would have never agreed with the electors going against the will of there constituents. In fact he would be the first to scream that there atempts to undermine the election is contrary to the spirit of the constitution. I think he would see this more as an insurrection and you need to read his thoughts on that.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Guerra, a 19-year-old from the town of Warden, Grant County, is one of a slate of electors for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, who won Washington state in the November election.

buahahahahhahahha...a 19 year old elector.

BUahahahahahhahahahhahaha...is funny as sh**.

Why dont you guys appoint kindergarten kiddies to choose the president. Jesus Christ.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join